Horcerer_

High Alert+Jack w/ Dunkirk commander, or Basics of Surv?

3 comments in this topic

[KRIEG]
Members
1 post
1,725 battles

I'm wondering where to put my next 4 points on my Dunkirk commander,  him being the one I put in my British BBs. Given he has a 2x bonus towards Jack of All Trades, I thought it plus high alert would just be far more worth, even if costing one more trait point, Basics of Survivability. With the first two plus legendary damage control party I can get its recharge time down to just a minute or so, not to mention the buff to repair and spotting plane. Thoughts?

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I use the High Alert and Jack of all trades combo on Jack Dunkirk for use on my Royal Navy premium BBs and he does work well at putting out fires and floods which happen rather often in some battles. After all why reduce the number of fires burning away at your ship when you can simply put out the fires and used repair party more often? Such a build might not be fir everyone, but seems to have worked well enough for how I play.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,017 battles

Your trading 3 points for 4 points? For me, I just swap into the boosted JOAT instead of taking EM. However, ever since the conquerors heal got buffed, this becomes even less of a viable choice.

Overall, it's a personal call but I wouldnt give up tankiness for a few seconds off your repair cooldown. Swap it for EM or AR