You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Silvin

Were there MM changes in 8.10?

15 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
217 posts
13,224 battles

The queues for standard games are much deeper now, with dozens of ships of each type waiting and getting a game is also taking longer.

Were there any MM changes in 8.10? I only saw changes to MM for coop games in the change notes.

Beta Testers
692 posts
4,978 battles
9 minutes ago, Silvin said:

The queues for standard games are much deeper now, with dozens of ships of each type waiting and getting a game is also taking longer.

Were there any MM changes in 8.10? I only saw changes to MM for coop games in the change notes.

From my perspective, while balancing and not having walkovers was an issue before the update,  it's worst now.  Many matches with less than 100 points on one side and very short battles.  

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,601 battles

Nah, it's all your imagination. 9 ships in coop is your imagination too.

[GWG]
Members
6,941 posts
13,486 battles

Yesterday, I found myself the lone human on an all bot co-op game.  I was in a T6 carrier, the Ranger.

ALL my other teammate bots were tier 8.

Yeah...   Lost the game...   Duuuuuu...   I could only kite a carrier so long against a Richelieu with OP AA, shredding my planes.

Finally killed it using the drop-jump technique, but my 20 minutes were up, and it was me vs the bot Ranger with the red team ahead in score.

Apparently, WG HATES CARRIERS...  like there's a surprise for you.

• Boring 1

[TSF]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
217 posts
13,224 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 1:32 PM, Kizarvexis said:

And it only mentions MM changes for coop and ranked. I was talking about MM changes for random battles. 

It is definitely different. Now I have queues with 20+ ships of each class that fire after two minutes. Before release 8.10 the queue had at most 10 ships in each class and fired after 30 seconds or less. It really seems that something has changed - I am not saying it is for the worse, I am just wondering.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,460 posts
24,622 battles

Yeah they fed MM more rum, and messed up its math even more.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
6 hours ago, Silvin said:

And it only mentions MM changes for coop and ranked. I was talking about MM changes for random battles. 

It is definitely different. Now I have queues with 20+ ships of each class that fire after two minutes. Before release 8.10 the queue had at most 10 ships in each class and fired after 30 seconds or less. It really seems that something has changed - I am not saying it is for the worse, I am just wondering.

What's the hourly server population like? Has it went up because people are playing the new Italian line? That could make changes how the MM is working.

Otherwise, you need to either quantify the exact change to make sure that it's an actual difference from last patch or get someone from WG to respond, as the change log is where you find changes that were made.

Members
1,072 posts
6 hours ago, Silvin said:

Buried in the Co-Op changes:

Besides that, we’re introducing limitations in battles for the maximum number of ships allowed from the highest tier, and minimum number of ships from the lowest tier. These limitations depend on the battle tier and waiting time in the queue.

Example: it's now impossible to have one Tier VIII ship in battle with the rest of the ships being from Tier X. We’re planning to introduce similar improvements to the Random Battles matchmaker in future.

Wonder if these leaked over into Randoms too...

Edited by agm114r
  • Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,978 posts
10,766 battles

I think they changed something with MM but left it out of the change log as an experiment, to not color people's opinions...To see if people naturally notice a difference and complain about it basically.

[KRAK]
Members
1,348 posts
15,224 battles

I have been in several battles where everyone was the same tier since 0.8.10.

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,939 battles

The new changes are wonderful. I hope they remain. People have been complaining about the MM for ages.

Next: once 24 ships have been extracted from the queue, match them so win rates are close. Loaded into a match today in which everyone was below 40% win rate (in a T8 match) except for three of us. We were steamrolled. Really tired of that crap.