You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Why is Queue Time so long after this lat update?

16 comments in this topic

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles

Ever since the update I'm waiting over 2 minutes in queue for each battle. Anyone else?
The last battle was almost 4 minutes. What's going on?

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Ever since the update I'm waiting over 2 minutes in queue for each battle. Anyone else?

It was fine last night then after midnight it got borked with 50-60 ships within range and the timer still going 1-2 minutes. Had 3 mm dumps as well of a 7v7, 4v4, and a game with 14 battleships. Sounds like MM needs a reboot if it's still broken.

• Cool 1

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles
3 minutes ago, ksix said:

It was fine last night then after midnight it got borked with 50-60 ships within range and the timer still going 1-2 minutes. Had 3 mm dumps as well of a 7v7, 4v4, and a game with 14 battleships. Sounds like MM needs a reboot if it's still broken.

This is ridiculous because there's more than enough ships in range. It should be seconds not 2-4 minutes. I agree, they need to reboot the MM system

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,195 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Might have something to do with the high number of cvs that I've been seeing. They usually tend to screw the MM calculations up.

On the brighter side I have been seeing less T10 dominated games with my T8/9 ships.

• Cool 1

[NFE]
Members
360 posts
3,233 battles

I noticed longer matchmaking times, but especially more ships in range. There used to be 10-30 ships in my range before I got a game. Last night, there were 50-80, and it still took longer to get a game. I'm not particularly upset about the longer wait times, I just thought it was odd.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,415 posts
15,870 battles
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I have only noticed this at very low tiers. Rest of them seem to be fine.

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles

Seem to definete be a CV issue.

Way more troll playing CV and the match making is suffering. 

Would not be problem if is normal players playing CV but alot of game recent is player with under 10 battle or 20 battle playing CV and just making a horrible show of it. 
When i look match maker monitor and see these player profile is very low battle, very low rating of player.

I Guess the little children who want to be cancer of game have find WoWs

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles

I think at least part of it's to do with the MM "guaranteed 60% mid/top tier" tweak.

20 games in a tier to activate it doesn't sound like much, but when you consider that the vast majority of players play less than 3 games a day, and don't necessarily play the same tiers all the time, it takes awhile for the bulk of the playerbase to reach the threshold. When that happens, only then will you see the effects of the extra tuning.

Sure, there's enough ships in your queue range. But say you tier up in a T7. Maybe the three T5s of the proper ship type you need to start your match have hit their 40% bottom tier quota. In that case, they're reserved for T4/5/6 matches, and can't be put in your T7 match.

If that's the case, it bears consideration of what could happen if we went to +/-1 MM.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
4 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

I'm not seeing any difference using t7 and t8 ships other than more ships in queue?

Same, except matches are taking a bit longer to form, but no longer than 2 minutes, which I already experience on occasion.

I did get in what I believe was my first ever all-T8 match today though.

[HEROS]
Members
1,992 posts
17,635 battles

Dear original Poster..

Some adjustments to MM have been made over the last couple patches now.  Because of the new parameters I suspect you might end up with some wait time now and again.  I don't particularly mind if it results in more balanced matches...  And I have been seeing more balanced matches by tier.  Seeing less 3 tier spreads and more 2 tier or even all same tier.  Time will tell if this trend holds, but I hope it does, and I don't mind waiting a bit longer if needed.

When the wait screen says "players in your range"  I have no real clue what that means honestly.  Does it mean ships waiting in your tier, or in 2 tiers above and below you?  WE DON"T KNOW!  The numbers are deceptive without DETAILS.. which they're not going to tell up because you know reasons..prime reason being is some our fellow player are going to take those number OUT OF CONTEXT and make stupid noises about the sky falling here on the forums, and I am with the devs and the CM's on this one.. I really don't want to hear stupid unfounded conspiracy theories over a GAME.

Play the game, and enjoy it while it lasts because nothing but nothing lasts forever especially in THIS industry. What information we are given is a courtesy, not a requirement.  There are no rules, regulations laws etc anywhere that says to WG or the WOWS dev's that they have to tell us how many player are in game or waiting in que.   As far as I'm concerned the numbers are so inconsistent as to have no meaning.  I've seen days where  the game says there are only 36 player in y range yet I get drops in under one minute and other days where there have been several hundred yet I end up with a 3 minute  or more wait.  What this CONSISTENT result tells me when applying a principle of deductive reasoning known as "Occam's Razor"  is the numbers presented have no consistent meaning.  They are there to give your eyes something to look at while you wait.

Kinda like one of the principal rules of the successful pirate..  "The enemy of my enemy is my enemies enemy.  Nothing more, nothing less." .   What that saying is trying to tell you is don't assume.   Or you'll end up assuming your enemies enemy is an ally right up to the point he rakes your ship from astern  and blow your sorry self into the afterlife.  Same principle applies.

Making conclusions based on bad data will result in an incorrect conclusion every single time.

Beta Testers
692 posts
4,978 battles

Just my general feeling,  but with the state as it is of no semblance of balance in a match people are just not playing.

While it's the reality of where Wargames chooses to have it,  it's laughable that they don't institute a process where teams are more balanced then they are for better game play.  Russian BB's and Fireships are just annihilating the opposing teams.

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
5 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Seem to definete be a CV issue.

Way more troll playing CV and the match making is suffering. 

Would not be problem if is normal players playing CV but alot of game recent is player with under 10 battle or 20 battle playing CV and just making a horrible show of it. 
When i look match maker monitor and see these player profile is very low battle, very low rating of player.

I Guess the little children who want to be cancer of game have find WoWs

It's not CVs. It was happening for hours with or without CVs waiting. All 3 of my MM dumps were non cv games as well meaning a cruiser, battleship, or destroyer player hit the 5 minute limit. Something got broke. 

Edited by ksix

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,188 posts
5 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

On the brighter side I have been seeing less T10 dominated games with my T8/9 ships.

Wish i was been seeing nothing but bottom tier last two days

Members
74 posts
16,051 battles

It took me about 5 minutes the other morning for Tier 8 match and we had only 8 players each team with 2 CVs per side, all 8's so MM worked good but not full game.  I then got a Tier 6 matched instantly with 12 each side so i suspect delays were related to improved MM plus Italian CA's (most start lower tiers).

[B_Y_F]
Members
527 posts
13,326 battles

Maybe that up-tier protection system introduced several updates ago start to effect the MM? It's about time most people just pass that 20 game line.