You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArmoredFrost

Yamamoto containers

10 comments in this topic

Members
46 posts
23 battles

Hello.

If I purchase Yamamoto containers, will it allow me to unlock a collection line? What will be the main reward for completing the collection? Is it Yamamoto?

Thank you.

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles

yes

if you haven't gotten any before, getting one will unlock the collection. When the collection is completed, you get the Yamamoto Captain.

Like always, you need to make sure you have the correct collection selected if you have multiple available.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
my error. completed this awhile back and got the reward scrambled.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,966 posts
14,258 battles
19 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

When the collection is completed, you get the Yamamoto Captain.

NO you will not.

TO get him, you have to complete the Yamamoto Isoroku campaign with T8+ ships. This must be done in RANDOMS.

The collection gives you flag mounting rights and a couple of other goodies, but it does NOT get you the captain. I got a couple of bonus Yamamoto containers when I bought the Ishizuchi in a special last year, so I have finished the collection.

However, if you finish the campaign and get the captain, you also get a free Yamamoto container to begin the collection (if you hadn't already).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLFC]
Members
2,861 posts
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

NO you will not.

TO get him, you have to complete the Yamamoto Isoroku campaign with T8+ ships. This must be done in RANDOMS.

The collection gives you flag mounting rights and a couple of other goodies, but it does NOT get you the captain. I got a couple of bonus Yamamoto containers when I bought the Ishizuchi in a special last year, so I have finished the collection.

However, if you finish the campaign and get the captain, you also get a free Yamamoto container to begin the collection (if you hadn't already).

^^^ This

You receive the ability for modifying camo colors and mounting a second flag for completing each sub-collection.  The main reward is a Yamamoto flag.

Good luck @ArmoredFrost !

yy.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[PVE]
Members
11,776 posts
24,394 battles
50 minutes ago, ArmoredFrost said:

Hello.

If I purchase Yamamoto containers, will it allow me to unlock a collection line? What will be the main reward for completing the collection? Is it Yamamoto?

Thank you.

As the others have said NO you do not get the special Yamamto Capt for completing the collection. You get 2nd color camo schemes for IJN ships, the ability to mount 2 flags on an IJN ship, and then a Yamamoto flag. NO Capt.

To get the Yamamoto Capt you need to complete the Campaign for him. In Port look at all the options on the left side of your screen and click Campaigns. Then click the Yamamoto one to see what it involves. It is a LONG campaign and it is PVP only.

[PVE]
Members
11,776 posts
24,394 battles
1 hour ago, ArmoredFrost said:

Thank you for the clarification. Best regards.

I didn't realize you are a new player. Sorry missed that at 1st when posting above. 

I don't believe you have progressed your service record far enough yet with only 20 or so games to even see the Campaigns let alone take part in them? IF you don't see the Campaigns to the left in port it is because you need to progress your service record more via more games played. Campaigns is the 8th thing you unlock in the service record progression. To see how far you need to go/where you are at click on your profile in the overhead options in Port and then service record.

The other issue you face right now in wanting to obtain Yamamoto is that the ships required for the Campaign tasks range from T8-T10. From your player profile on the WOWS site it appears you are only up to T3. So even if you can see the Campaigns and are willing to go through the long grind in PVP required to earn him you don't have the ships to do so at this time. Same would apply for Halsey (although he can be earned solely through Co-op - I did - 392 games to do it though) if you wanted to do his Campaign. You just aren't there progression wise in the game yet.

Just FYI so you understand everything and not talking down to you or insulting you for being new or anything. You also are at a stage where you really don't need a special Capt yet anyway so don't feel deprived or anything that you don't have one. Play normally up to T5 where you can enter most events and such and work towards a mid level special Capt.

GL and never hesitate to ask questions here. We will gladly try and answer/help out. :Smile_honoring:

EDIT - DO NOT go out and buy a Premium ship of T8+ to start doing the Campaign. The WORST thing you could do is that. You are not ready for high tier play and you will really hurt your team's chances and your growth in the game if you go too high too fast. Best advice I got when starting the game was to go slow and play my way up without buying my way up.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,726 posts
21,436 battles
29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I didn't realize you are a new player. Sorry missed that at 1st when posting above. 

I don't believe you have progressed your service record far enough yet with only 20 or so games to even see the Campaigns let alone take part in them? IF you don't see the Campaigns to the left in port it is because you need to progress your service record more via more games played. Campaigns is the 8th thing you unlock in the service record progression. To see how far you need to go/where you are at click on your profile in the overhead options in Port and then service record.

The other issue you face right now in wanting to obtain Yamamoto is that the ships required for the Campaign tasks range from T8-T10. From your player profile on the WOWS site it appears you are only up to T3. So even if you can see the Campaigns and are willing to go through the long grind in PVP required to earn him you don't have the ships to do so at this time. Same would apply for Halsey (although he can be earned solely through Co-op - I did - 392 games to do it though) if you wanted to do his Campaign. You just aren't there progression wise in the game yet.

Just FYI so you understand everything and not talking down to you or insulting you for being new or anything. You also are at a stage where you really don't need a special Capt yet anyway so don't feel deprived or anything that you don't have one. Play normally up to T5 where you can enter most events and such and work towards a mid level special Capt.

GL and never hesitate to ask questions here. We will gladly try and answer/help out. :Smile_honoring:

EDIT - DO NOT go out and buy a Premium ship of T8+ to start doing the Campaign. The WORST thing you could do is that. You are not ready for high tier play and you will really hurt your team's chances and your growth in the game if you go to high too fast. Best advice I got when starting the game was to go slow and play my way up without buying my way up.

@ArmoredFrost it is very important to follow AdmiralThunder's advice. He is spot on. The campaign isn't going anywhere as it is a permanent campaign and it will be available when you are ready to take it on. Get some time in the game under your belt before leaping into this event.

Good luck and welcome to WoWs. Hope you have as much fun with it as I have been having (for 4+ years).