You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Kraken Secured

38 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Kill stealer! :Smile_honoring:

It certainly felt that way.  The Cleveland was the only kill I got on a ship that was already under fire. All of the others was chasing down badly mauled ships that had already disengaged.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It certainly felt that way.  The Cleveland was the only kill I got on a ship that was already under fire. All of the others was chasing down badly mauled ships that had already disengaged.

Welcome to the life of a CV captain and often the captain of any other ship. A Kraken requires more than a little luck no matter how good you are.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,657 posts

17 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

fD6HTsi.jpg

We ought to have a forum contest to see who can get a Kraken with the least amount of damage caused to enemy ships.

• Funny 1

Members
4,366 posts
11,269 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

We ought to have a forum contest to see who can get a Kraken with the least amount of damage caused to enemy ships.

One of the CCs/streamers had a discord contest somewhat similar to that a month or so ago but it was pulled very quickly

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

My only question: Did you kill the Bismarck PROPERLY by disabling her rudder and letting flooding do the rest whilst everyone else pounded away at them?:Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That's not a bad idea, but to make it fair, it would have to be open for a long time.  It would probably need some ground rules too.

1. A range of eligible dates / patches.
  2. A fixed tier.
  3. No divisions.
  4. No synch drops.
  • Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

That's not a bad idea, but to make it fair, it would have to be open for a long time.  It would probably need some ground rules too.

2. A fixed tier.
  3. No divisions.
  4. No synch drops.

Sounds fun!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
15 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

2. A fixed tier.
  3. No divisions.
  4. No synch drops.

Sycnch drops would be hard it prove as running into clan mates is not rare.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Sycnch drops would be hard it prove as running into clan mates is not rare.

Maybe just have them submit a replay too? You'd only have to look at the "top" scorers at most, just to make sure there wasn't any obvious rigging going on.

• Cool 1

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles

Hey man, that's part of your job as a carrier: delivering the coup de grace so they can't limp off an heal.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,586 posts
15,728 battles

I picked up a Kraken in my Ranger yesterday. Didn't screen shot the results page but have the replay until the next update. Was similar to what LWM is showing. Just things fell into place with some badly wounded ships.

Congratulations to LWM! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
258 posts
5,420 battles

Congrats.

My record low Kraken was 21k damage, 6 kills in a GC. Disconnected early on, reconnected and proceded to secure a bunch of kills.

Team was super not happy with me.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Picking off wounded targets is probably what CVs are best at given the rework took away a lot of their alpha damage.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,898 posts
17,945 battles

I cannot remember the last time I knew a particular kill would give me a kraken.  I often play so intensely I don't notice my kill count until the game ends...or...I get a kraken....lol.  

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
4 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I cannot remember the last time I knew a particular kill would give me a kraken.  I often play so intensely I don't notice my kill count until the game ends...or...I get a kraken....lol.  

I can! I had to take a yolo shot and hope that, as the WoT players would say, Comrade Stalin reached out from hell to guide my shells to the enemy Duke of York's citadel so that I could kill last remaining capitalist dog with Peter the Leaky to secure Kraken for glorious motherland.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Uh, that's a bad idea. :\

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,332 battles
4 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Uh, that's a bad idea. :\

I think I know why, but really, if it's only a forum contest, it will be a minimal amount of people participating.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
6 hours ago, AriochIV said:

Hey man, that's part of your job as a carrier: delivering the coup de grace so they can't limp off an heal.

Oddly enough, Royal Navy doctrine used to be that the CV's planes were there to cripple the enemy to prevent their escape and allow the fleet to nail them (bitter lessons of Jutland). However, WOWS doesn't model torpedo damage that way and the doctrine as you state it is more appropriate to ships with no guaranteed one-shot kill capability against healthy major units.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
44 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I think I know why, but really, if it's only a forum contest, it will be a minimal amount of people participating.

Even still, it should not be encouraged.