Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Game hours played ?

5 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
644 posts
15,807 battles

A clan mate asked me today if WG has any way to check on the number of hours a person has played World of Warships. 

Some games I have played in past it is something like  "/played" 

Anyone know? 

Members
3,584 posts
12,964 battles

There is no function command like that in the client. Steam tracks it, but only when launched through Steam. 

For me, guesstimation, way too much. (battles played x maybe avg 10-12 minutes, maybe)

Edited by Rollingonit

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,630 posts
36 minutes ago, Karandar said:

A clan mate asked me today if WG has any way to check on the number of hours a person has played World of Warships. 

Some games I have played in past it is something like  "/played" 

Anyone know? 

You can get a rough estimate of the hours you have played by keeping track of the minutes you play per battle and then averaging them over 25 games. Use the average minutes per battle times the total games you have played to get a rough estimate of the total minutes you have played.

If you don't want to collect preliminary data you can probably guess the minutes played at about 15 if you are a good player who rarely gets sunk before the battle's end.

I tend to get sunk a lot and I've played 11,000 battles over three years, which means that I've probably played the equivalent of two hours a day since I started playing the game. That seems about right. This game, for me, is a relaxing hobby that I enjoy after I come in from doing real-world things. It's not my only hobby though. I like flying drones, studying diverse things, shooting, learning and tying knots, building the odd woodworking or welding project, and fixing things in my shop too.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,878 posts
4,881 battles

amusing that about each match takes on average of 10min

so 12,335 times 10min = 123,350 mins= 2056 hours=86 days of playing

[DPG]
Supertester
644 posts
15,807 battles

Thanks for the quick feedback everyone, I will let my clan mate know your suggestions. Much appreciated.

I suggested similar in picking x number of minutes per match(Snargfargle - good idea about taking an average of 25 games to improve his accuracy  ... and one must then consider the next Crazy part is then the uncounted battle modes. I do not know if  clan battles participation, special events like savage battles are counted, as sites like Wows-numbers do not track their metrics -   But  will give him a pretty good idea to the minimum time in game at least ! 

and in my own case, having volunteered 4 times for pirates , corgi, pumpkin events as those are separate accounts ... Me personally, the time sync has been astounding in this game - not sure i would personally want to know the exact number! Especially considering 2100 hours is a full year of 8hrs / day employment ...   ;) 

Good hunting all,

Kar

Edited by Karandar

Sign in to follow this