You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

MM Balance?

14 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
860 posts
16,520 battles

[edited]!  Not naming or shaming. WR Balance is so lopsided it's a joke. Most games this way now with lopsided win. This one was a little better but it's not the norm anymore.

Screenshot (38).png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,017 battles
6 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

[hidden]

The teams are bad or the matchmaker is bad? There are distinct differences

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles

MM depends on the population it queues up...

• Sometimes you have potatoes
  • Sometimes you have avg
  • Sometimes you get competent

But its all, say it with me children... "Random"

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles
43 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

WR Balance is so lopsided it's a joke.

Lose the MM monitor it is rotting your brain. WR is absolutely no indication of how good a player is. It shows only that the player got lucky in more battles than not!

In fact the use of a MM monitor should be cause for account deletion.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles

Don't see anything unbalanced there. Your team lost, 5:3. Maybe not close, but not blowout. Perfectly normal, moving on the next game.

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
860 posts
16,520 battles

Their is non so blind as those who will not see.  Ive noticed it's always the higher wr players who defend the MM. Of course they don't want it changed.

1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

cb9OrAp.jpg

Back at you with report.

• Cool 3

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

Ive noticed it's always the higher wr players who defend the MM..

Because better players adapt and grow, thus they float over the turbulence of mediocrity in a random matchmaker, perhaps.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,227 battles

I can look at ship lineup and predict winner 90% of the time. On one side you will have mostly older meh ships and the other newer good or great ships. And I don't believe mm is truly random, way to many blowouts very few close matches. I was in one battle today that was blowout extreme. At end we had all our ships, enemy had none. Game lasted less than 10 minutes. 3 games later almost same thing except I was on the losing side,  ended 10 to 0. I was the only one who sank anything. Blowouts are not fun no matter which side of it your on. If it was truly random, I would end up on winning side near 50% and games would be closer. Since update its been around 20% even when in a div for many of them. My win rate the last few days has taken a major dump. Its like I'm playing with a bunch of 14 year olds.

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
10 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

6 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

[edited]!  Not naming or shaming. WR Balance is so lopsided it's a joke. Most games this way now with lopsided win. This one was a little better but it's not the norm anymore.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Screenshot (38).png

I see. Such topics will exist either way. And emotions after defeats are not usually extremely positive.
But I should say there is nothing unbalanced here according to the MM Rules. We don't make any secret behind it and we don't have any tricky mechanics there. Only players from both teams can influence every unique battle.  

One doesn't need to expect anything more from MM (like WR balance) than written in the Rules, not to get upset about this. We'll have RANKED BATTLES soon, and the influence of WR of most of our players may be felt there, especially at higher ranks, where you don't even have a chance for a mistake. It's kind of intense battles with significant rewards, and we don't plan our Random Battles to look like this constantly.

Edited by turbo07

[B-W-M]
Members
3 posts
3,466 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 3:52 AM, turbo07 said:

I see. Such topics will exist either way. And emotions after defeats are not usually extremely positive.
But I should say there is nothing unbalanced here according to the MM Rules. We don't make any secret behind it and we don't have any tricky mechanics there. Only players from both teams can influence every unique battle.  

One doesn't need to expect anything more from MM (like WR balance) than written in the Rules, not to get upset about this. We'll have RANKED BATTLES soon, and the influence of WR of most of our players may be felt there, especially at higher ranks, where you don't even have a chance for a mistake. It's kind of intense battles with significant rewards, and we don't plan our Random Battles to look like this constantly.

And yet the matchmaking will put 3 smolbois on the same team. Maybe they need to stop releasing cash grabs, buckle down, and improve the system.

Nah, buy some dubloons or something...

• Boring 1