You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Fun camo question for your amusement.

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles

The Genie of the Lamp offers you the opportunity to make ONE of the single-use camos, with all its economic benefits, an unremovable permacamo on all your ships forever. Which one do you choose, and why?

Members
63 posts
1,780 battles

On an economic level? “For Meritorious Service,” even if it’s a bit on the bland side to look at. For Aesthetics? “Regina Marina.”

So...probably “For Meritorious Service.” The plain white look isn’t bad, and it’s hard to top the full spectrum economic bonuses.

Edited by Shadow0206

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Genie of the Lamp offers you the opportunity to make ONE of the single-use camos, with all its economic benefits, an unremovable permacamo on all your ships forever. Which one do you choose, and why?

By far the best overall non-premium camo is "For Meritorious Service." Not only does it give great benefits, but it also looks more realistic than most of the other camos.

image.png.18619423c4bd955c0dab1a87169db8f6.png

[SALVO]
Members
24,776 posts
25,829 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

By far the best overall non-premium camo is "For Meritorious Service." Not only does it give great benefits, but it also looks more realistic than most of the other camos.

image.png.18619423c4bd955c0dab1a87169db8f6.png

Actually, those benefits are better than some might think.  I think that many people look at the various XP bonuses and overlook the really great -50% to service cost and +50% credits bonuses.  Those are excellent bonuses, particularly for high tier ships that have high service costs.  If anything, this camo would be wasted on lesser tier ships that already have affordable base service costs.  But put this camo on a tier 9 or 10, (perhaps an 8 as well, particularly if running a Standard account) and your economic costs for the ship will look a LOT better.

[INTEL]
Members
3,049 posts
16,740 battles

Deserved ST

+20% Credit

-50% Service Cost

+100% XP

+250% EXP

+100% FXP

While single use, it's not available to all.

If not that, I agree with For Meritorious Service

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
5 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

it's not available to all.

Remember, the Genie says "ANY one-shot camo".

6 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

+250% EXP

Did you mean "CXP"? 

[-BSK-]
Members
471 posts
19,120 battles

I like the "PI" camo the most I think

Members
3,097 posts
12,258 battles

Bonus wise you can’t beat Mosaic for any sort of XP grind.  400% to XP scales incredibly well with signal bonuses.  If I could not stand the way it looks, I would manually alter camo file to make it look like Hunter and call it a day.

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,471 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Great idea.

Can you mix and match patterns with bonuses? Ie, the pattern of camo A with the set of bonuses for camo B? 

Even so, I quite like the Team Water, Team Fire And Valentine’s Day camos, as I mentioned in this thread

[WOLF7]
Members
206 posts
2,310 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

make ONE of the single-use camos, with all its economic benefits, an unremovable permacamo on all your ships forever. Which one do you choose, and why?

I would go with the Spring Sky cammo..   200% ship xp and 777% free xp.   

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Gamescom 2016 purely for the looks. The XP isn't great, but I'd never have problems with silver ever again.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

For Meritorious Service is the best daily permanent I own.....  Best balance for the endless use grind create.  Pi or Spring Sky are also favorites of mine as well. 

Are you exploring the theory you postulated earlier?  "From your lips to the Schwartz's ears?"

Members
1,660 posts
10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Pi camo.  I love pie.  Who doesn't love pie?  Maybe if they had a cake camo...

Also, I like the way it looks.