You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmNimitz41

Damage caused to aircraft doesn't count in total damage! WHY NOT?

117 comments in this topic

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles

Damage caused to aircraft doesn't count in total damage! WHY NOT? They damage us & we damage & shoot them down. It counts for & against the CV, right? It counts against us, but not for us? Fair is fair, no? 
What do you think? Shouldn't this be fixed?

After all, in war damage is what it's all about! Not Ribbons & not voodoo BXP, either.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles

That’s enemy ship damage, not total damage. Damage to anything else isn’t counted there.

Also, you didn’t damage the planes, the AA mechanics did. Most you did was click priority sector. So much different type of damage.

• Cool 2

Members
2,640 posts
4,263 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

That’s enemy ship damage, not total damage. Damage to anything else isn’t counted there.

Also, you didn’t damage the planes, the AA mechanics did. Most you did was click priority sector. So much different type of damage.

Which was my initial thought too.  But...secondaries. Another completely automated system that also counts towards total damage.  And I was thinking about plane regen,  but many ships have repair parties that let them significantly increase their total hit points.  

At the very least,  I think plane damage needs to count more towards your rewards. 

• Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,130 battles
7 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

The same could be said about secondary damage and that does count in the total.

• Cool 1

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Maybe I didn't damage the planes, but I did have input through the signals mounted and the ~ or O sector option during the battles. AND the torp planes sure damage us!  Again, if their damage counts against us, then our damage to them should count for us. It's only fair!

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Quor_Dresden said:

You do get ribbons for shooting them down that does earn you something.

Well, that sort of makes my point, no?  Mechanics count in one instance but not in another?

And  I doubt that it comes close to equaling the damage done to me when I've been sandwiched between two torp squadrons

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Damage to planes has never counted towards total damage.

Then why not stop counting torp & bomb damage against us?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
19 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Maybe I didn't damage the planes, but I did have input through the signals mounted and the ~ or O sector option during the battles. AND the torp planes sure damage us!  Again, if their damage counts against us, then our damage to them should count for us. It's only fair!

It counts for XP.  The reason why CV's get it in their damage totals is because it is ship damage.  Shooting an aircraft isn't ship damage.  Else we would have to count "shooting at an aircraft but missing" as the CV tanking damage.

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

It counts for XP.  The reason why CV's get it in their damage totals is because it is ship damage.  Shooting an aircraft isn't ship damage.  Else we would have to count "shooting at an aircraft but missing" as the CV tanking damage.

When I shoot a ship, he gets damage. When he shoots me, I get damage. When a CV hits me with torps, I get damage. When I set AA signals & "control" my gun sectors, I work to damage them but it doesn't count as damage in the damage total? 

And who cares about XP in the Naval Battles? Sometimes they're based on damage, & you rob us of some of it. Beta Test that, Gasboy!  Well named, BTW!

• Cool 1

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
742 posts
6,679 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong but we get good xp for every plane we shoot down. So why does the damage matter?

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

When I shoot a ship, he gets damage. When he shoots me, I get damage. When a CV hits me with torps, I get damage. When I set AA signals & "control" my gun sectors, I work to damage them but it doesn't count as damage in the damage total? 

And who cares about XP in the Naval Battles? Sometimes they're based on damage, & you rob us of some of it. Beta Test that, Gasboy!  Well named, BTW!

You've completely missed the point.  The damage total that shows up on the main screen is SHIP damage.  Aircraft are not ships.  Hence they do not count toward that main screen number.  In order for it to count, shoot the damned carrier.

... Who cares about XP?  Uh, everybody but you, it seems.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
Just now, Capn_Nugget said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but we get good xp for every plane we shoot down. So why does the damage matter?

Oh man, you're going to open a can of worms... "STATS MATTER!!!111oneoneoneoneoneone" rant incoming.

• Funny 2

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

You've completely missed the point.  The damage total that shows up on the main screen is SHIP damage.  Aircraft are not ships.  Hence they do not count toward that main screen number.  In order for it to count, shoot the damned carrier.

... Who cares about XP?  Uh, everybody but you, it seems.

Saw that. And you missed mine: DAMAGE is DAMAGE! 

• Boring 4

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Because you aren’t damaging the CV, you’re damaging its weapons. 

So when I have a turret knocked out by a salvo, that's not damage? It still counts against me.

[SIM]
Members
4,922 posts
7,996 battles
Just now, AdmNimitz41 said:

So when I have a turret knocked out by a salvo, that's not damage? It still counts against me.

No it doesn’t. You can inflict module damage without damaging a ship’s HP pool. 

• Cool 4

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
1 minute ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Saw that. And you missed mine: DAMAGE is DAMAGE! 

"Sink all enemy ships." is an objective.  "Shoot down all enemy planes." is not.

The aircraft damage counts in the places it matters most: XP.

Aircraft damage is not ship damage.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

When you kill a plane with the new plane damage system you are taking away from possible damage from that sortie. CV's are the only ship where the sortie/salvo can be reduced before it gets to hit.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,197 battles
55 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

If damage done by secondaries is counted, since it is done by a similar, computer driven mechanic, so ought plane damage be counted.

5 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

"Sink all enemy ships." is an objective.  "Shoot down all enemy planes." is not.

It sure as hell is if you're playing against CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
4 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

The aircraft damage counts in the places it matters most: XP.

Aircraft damage is not ship damage.

""Shoot down all enemy planes." is not."   It is if you want to survive the battle! 

"Aircraft damage is not ship damage."  But it's part of the Total Damage & should be counted in it.

• Boring 1

[GONE]
Members
238 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

If damage done by secondaries is counted, since it is done by a similar, computer driven mechanic, so ought plane damage be counted.

THANK YOU!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles

Yeah I forgot about that. Still, it’s only counting ship damage. Shore installation damage doesn’t count either.

Not any more, CVs don’t run out of planes any more, remember?

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

So you go out of your way to intercept all aircraft, moving back and forth across the map multiple times?

Sure, shooting stuff down that crosses your path is one thing, but unless you're in a very strong AA ship, you're actually hoping the CV picks someone else as their target.