You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Leone, Leone, where art thou?

43 comments in this topic

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles

Title says it all. Flamu published the first video of Leone I could find, 10 months ago. 8 months ago Notser posted this video after changes had been applied to the ship. Mind you that Leone, V.U., Yahagi, and Indomitable were all announced at abou,t or exaxtly, the same time.

So I'm just wondering, where is this ship? In the midst of a big Italian event, that's really lack luster considering everything, where is this ship?

Is Wargaming going pass up the chance to sell this ship during the first Italian Tech line release? Though it wouldnt surprise me if they did, as Yahagi didnt come out during the Operation Ten-go anniversary, pass up the opportunity.

Anywho, Wargaming I'm still interested in this ship and hope we can see it sometime soon, especially now with the first Italian line in game.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 6

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

My guess is that WG decided to go ahead with SAP and trampled Leone's development in the process. 

That's my thought too but at the same time they left HE on the other Italians ships. We'll see but I really hoping to finally see her. Who knows, could show up in the shop tomorrow though too.

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
4 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

That's my thought too but at the same time they left HE on the other Italians ships. We'll see but I really hoping to finally see her. Who knows, could show up in the shop tomorrow though too.

Paolo Emilio was "Designed by CCs". :Smile_hiding:

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
19 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I figure Paolo will end up a steel ship (maybe coal) as a Tier 10 destroyer.

[PHD]
Members
1,514 posts
6,444 battles

I suppose with WG getting the RM cruiser fleet out and "adjusted " the DD line is coming later. Plus, if I remember, the DD wasn't  performing all that well and needs to find the right build to represent the line.

Hopefully it will be a good ship, but not a guarantee.  Note Yahagi and Yuduchi (have seen very few of either in PvE, mostly Yahagi with very experienced players on them.)

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

Heyo!

We develop many ships concurrently, sometimes we release them straight after their development, other times we hold them back to release at another time, on the rare occasion ships need to return to development to be re-conceptualized. 

We're currently holding onto Leone for a later date for release. 

So she will be come... Soon™

Fem, 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Sparviero said:

Non-answer answers aren’t real communication. FYI. 

Read between the lines; an Italian DD line is an obvious eventual inclusion and there's a seeming tendency to toss a T5/T6 freebee ship in during these Tree Release Events. London will be for the RN CA's, the Lazo with RU BB's, and I'd wager Leone will coincide with the RM DD's, which I suspect will be the line immediately following RN CA's as they are rapidly running out of new full lines they can add and just splits left, baring submarines.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles
37 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Non-answer answers aren’t real communication. FYI. 

We never announce release dates ahead of time. The answer is just that, we know shes there, we're just not ready to release her yet and are saving her for another day.

Fem, 

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo!

We develop many ships concurrently, sometimes we release them straight after their development, other times we hold them back to release at another time, on the rare occasion ships need to return to development to be re-conceptualized. 

We're currently holding onto Leone for a later date for release. 

So she will be come... Soon™

Fem, 

Thanks for the response Fem.

I am just wondering now if there is a workable compromise to let us know these things a bit more clearly in future but without the need to give up all of WG's plans? 

We now know Leone will rear her hull at some point. However, what about Indomitable? Can we just get a status update, without the plans or a release date? 

Basically can we just get status updates as to where ships are in development after their initial announcements and the usual single subsequent update to changes? Something like:

"Leone has completed its pre-release development and will be released at a future date.

Indomitable has reentered the development phase as we were not happy with her prerelease statics. Look out for future super test and CC reviews."

Just something like that so these ships dont feel so forgotten or feel like they might not ever show up?

I only ask, because for me personally, there is nothing more exciting than getting a new ship line or premium. It's what I look forward to the most in game, new ships. However, it's been nearly a year and I'm still asking where Indomitable and Leone stand. I dont think it's too much to ask, without creating an issue, to simply state that a ship is being reworked or done with testing for eventual future release.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by Skuggsja

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

We never announce release dates ahead of time. The answer is just that, we know shes there, we're just not ready to release her yet and are saving her for another day.

Fem, 

Like I was saying, can you just confirm with us that "you know shes there" so that we know she is there still and hasnt been scrapped or something? Again, no need for release dates or plans, just a status on where she is deveolpment wise or  if shes complete and waiting for release.

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,671 posts
12,400 battles
5 hours ago, Sparviero said:

No, we came up with some design concepts that the team liked and wanted to run with.  Not everything we suggested was implemented.  

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
4 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Read between the lines; an Italian DD line is an obvious eventual inclusion and there's a seeming tendency to toss a T5/T6 freebee ship in during these Tree Release Events. London will be for the RN CA's, the Lazo with RU BB's, and I'd wager Leone will coincide with the RM DD's, which I suspect will be the line immediately following RN CA's as they are rapidly running out of new full lines they can add and just splits left, baring submarines.

I thought a Pan Asia BB line was coming next.

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
12 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I thought a Pan Asia BB line was coming next.

At the very least this looks like the start of the Chinese Tank Destroyers saga Part Two.  :cap_like:

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
30 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

No, we came up with some design concepts that the team liked and wanted to run with.  Not everything we suggested was implemented.  

Sounds like Design by CC to me. 
giphy.gif

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
7 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Title says it all. Flamu published the first video of Leone I could find, 10 months ago. 8 months ago Notser posted this video after changes had been applied to the ship. Mind you that Leone, V.U., Yahagi, and Indomitable were all announced at abou,t or exaxtly, the same time.

So I'm just wondering, where is this ship? In the midst of a big Italian event, that's really lack luster considering everything, where is this ship?

Is Wargaming going pass up the chance to sell this ship during the first Italian Tech line release? Though it wouldnt surprise me if they did, as Yahagi didnt come out during the Operation Ten-go anniversary, pass up the opportunity.

Anywho, Wargaming I'm still interested in this ship and hope we can see it sometime soon, especially now with the first Italian line in game.

Italian cruisers were chosen to come First Is All  not Italian DD's no other reason needed  

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
8 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Italian were chosen to come First Is All  not Italian DD's no other reason needed

I have no idea what you're getting at here. The ship first appeared from CCs 11 months ago. That's almost a year now that the ship hasnt surfaced or had any public updates about its testing or completion.

Also, it doesnt matter if Italian CAs came out before Italian DDs. WG releases premiums before the tech lines come out for most nations. The latest announced premiums include a Pan Asian Battleship for example. However, if they're going to release a line of a certain nation and have had a premium sitting in storage from the same nation, I see no reason it couldn't be tied in.

Edited by Skuggsja

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
18 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Italian cruisers were chosen to come First Is All  not Italian DD's no other reason needed  

11 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I have no idea what you're getting at here. The ship first appeared from CCs 11 months ago. That's almost a year now that the ship hasnt surfaced or had any public updates about its testing or completion.

Also, it doesnt matter if Italian CAs came out before Italian DDs. WG releases premiums before the tech lines come out for most nations. The latest announced premiums include a Pan Asian Battleship for example. However, if they're going to release a line of a certain nation and have had a premium sitting in storage from the same nation, I see no reason it couldn't be tied in.

Meant to add  cruisers  to the Italian  and they add one class at a time unless your saying it's premium in which case when they feel like it  th?id=OIP.P83uhoDejH4c7WSXygupEgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Cool 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
17 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Meant to add  cruisers  to the Italian  and they add one class at a time unless your saying it's premium in which case when they feel like it  th?id=OIP.P83uhoDejH4c7WSXygupEgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Oh just a miscommunication. 

Yes, Leone is a Tier 6 premium that was announced and tested with Yahagi, Indomitable, and V.U. so it's been 11 months or so and I'm just wondering where it is at. Just like T61 and Slava, it has disappeared. I was thinking it might be tied into the Italian release as it's one of the only nations capable of a full tech line without one. I thought it would be a bigger deal than it is and was just hopeful Leone would finally make an appearance.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,664 posts
14,756 battles

Pretty sure WG aren't hanging their hats on the $30 of revenue the estimated two sales of that boat will generate...

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles
49 minutes ago, mofton said:

Pretty sure WG aren't hanging their hats on the $30 of revenue the estimated two sales of that boat will generate...

Well, the money is already invested. Model is made and programmed basically. I'm sure there are enough whales that will just buy it to have it to sell more than two. Plus 30 USD is 1917.88 in rubles lol

Edited by Skuggsja