Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Five Ships Get Air Def Expert in One Game

17 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, henrychenhenry said:

Very nice of the Kaga.

And Enterprise, too. Just drop some useless fighters and bam, that's a huge amount of planes shot down!

[HKC]
Members
604 posts

Got my first such medal yesterday in my Texas.   Was in the cap and the two CVs - the last of their team - went nuts trying to take me out.  Trouble was that as they closed they lost ability to actually maneuver to attack, and eventually they advance so close I was simply shooting the planes down as they rose from the decks.

Ended up with 95 planes shot down.

[NUWES]
Members
3,139 posts
10,775 battles
27 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Got my first such medal yesterday in my Texas.   Was in the cap and the two CVs - the last of their team - went nuts trying to take me out.  Trouble was that as they closed they lost ability to actually maneuver to attack, and eventually they advance so close I was simply shooting the planes down as they rose from the decks.

Ended up with 95 planes shot down.

Nice work. :)

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
1 hour ago, mofton said:

pLaNez aRE lImITeD.

It depends on how the individual CV is balanced. With my Ark Royal, I can feed full squads into T8 AA pretty much with impunity, because it's practically impossible to deplane. I've actually given multiple AA expert medals out in such matches, and still won and done well, even at the end of the match I was able to rotate through 6 plane squads. If you feed full squads into T8 AA with Indomitable, you are going to be facing some tough decisions within 8-10 minutes, and can expect to be practically useless in the later third of the battle. Ark certainly isn't stronger than Indomitable overall (though I think Ark is a much stronger CV than she's given credit for), but they are balanced entirely differently.

Matt

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,467 posts
6,532 battles
9 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

shot-19_11.13_21_27.06-0801.thumb.jpg.a065c999c3f6eec523833338b3e1b728.jpg

Actually I'm pretty sure only 2 ships got AA defense expert?   Carriers can not receive?   

[DPG]
Supertester
646 posts
15,866 battles

Since the rework I had recieved only 1 such award. 

Last night, two consecutive matches in t8 Massachusetts I run fighter, and faced two t8 CV's both matches, earned aa expert in both consecutive games.

One match my div mate did also., collectively, three of us shot down 96 planes... The one cv captain in each battle did throw away several fighter squadrons trying to keep us spotted... A waste, but I'll take it! The squadrons kept coming... 

And even with us managing the dual cv focus all game, sinking six enemies including one of the CV's , our team lost... Stomp or be stomped lately... 

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
41 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Actually I'm pretty sure only 2 ships got AA defense expert?   Carriers can not receive?   

Not so:

2019-11-14.thumb.png.09d69b4a848baa16f7da0b2e4935a463.png

Matt

Members
2,640 posts
4,263 battles
3 hours ago, mofton said:

pLaNez aRE lImITeD.

Four on one team,  one on the other,  one team had a KAGA.  So do us all a favor and shut up.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,467 posts
6,532 battles
1 hour ago, mobryan said:

Not so:

2019-11-14.thumb.png.09d69b4a848baa16f7da0b2e4935a463.png

Matt

hmmmm?   Wiki has this wrong..  Never even looked at my own?   

Icon_achievement_AIRDEFENSEEXPERT.png   In a single battle, destroy at least 35 aircraft. Can be obtained once per battle. Can only be earned by a destroyer, cruiser, or battleship.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,666 posts
14,787 battles
1 hour ago, Palladia said:

Four on one team,  one on the other,  one team had a KAGA.  So do us all a favor and shut up.

Three words, such rage...

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,738 battles

Frankly I couldn’t care less, CV’s suck. There’s no counter play other then click a botton and just dodge so if 50 planes were shot down I honestly don’t care, WG could buff AA and I still wouldn’t care. Cvs ruin gameplay change my made-up mind.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Sign in to follow this