You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AriochIV

Any Way to Get Italian Tokens Now?

13 comments in this topic

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles

I'm a little bit irritated that they switched to a new currency for the second phase of the Italian Cruisers event. It would be nice to get the permanent camouflages for the Zara and Amalfi when I grind them out (I already bought the one for the Trento, which I got through a container mission), but with the shift to "Mediterranean Tokens" in the new missions, and no versions of the camos that can be bought with the new currency, am I just out of luck?

Edit: And I mean aside from buying the Premium Containers at 1250 doubloons for 50 Italian tokens. No thanks.

Edited by AriochIV
  • Boring 2

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, AriochIV said:

I'm a little bit irritated that they switched to a new currency for the second phase of the Italian Cruisers event. It would be nice to get the permanent camouflages for the Zara and Amalfi when I grind them out (I already bought the one for the Trento, which I got through a container mission), but with the shift to "Mediterranean Tokens" in the new missions, and no versions of the camos that can be bought with the new currency, am I just out of luck?

The only way to get Italian tokens now is with doubloons by buying the Italian Cruisers Premium Container in the Armory. The rate is 1,250 doubloons for 50 tokens.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d036f814d6060c9c3a1220adf89a01c.png

• Cool 1

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles

I noticed those just as you posted. Permanent camos for Italian cruisers that I probably will never play again would be nice, but not $50 and $75 nice. It would be cheaper just to buy the regular permanent camos.

Edited by AriochIV

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

Unless I have it backwards you can complete the directives for those tokens.

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Or you can complete the directives.

The directives that award Italian Tokens are gone; the new ones award Mediterranean Tokens.

I completed all the old directives anyway.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, AriochIV said:

The directives that award Italian Tokens are gone; the new ones award Mediterranean Tokens.

I edited my post and I did get it backwards, my bad. The only way to the the previous tokens is to buy the premium containers which have 50 Italian tokens in each.

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

i may be wrong but shouldn't these permacamos be available as additional/alternative as well? kind of like how the french dds have the regular permacamo and the "fancy" alternative permacamo?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
8 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

i may be wrong but shouldn't these permacamos be available as additional/alternative as well? kind of like how the french dds have the regular permacamo and the "fancy" alternative permacamo?

Yeah, I think they are available for doubloons, I only have the Trento & Zara and already have the camo on them.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
19 minutes ago, AriochIV said:

If you did all the old directives and only spent on camo, you should've gotten all 4 permacamos free.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
4 hours ago, AriochIV said:

Edit: And I mean aside from buying the Premium Containers at 1250 doubloons for 50 Italian tokens. No thanks.

Temporary currencies usually only are earned in one patch. You have the next patch to still spend them, but are usually only earned in the first patch they appear in.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-089-italian-cruisers/

WGiqngB.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/italian-cruisers-the-rules/

1FFlZRp.jpg

• Cool 1

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles
12 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

If you did all the old directives and only spent on camo, you should've gotten all 4 permacamos free.

Yes, but then I wouldn't have gotten Genova and Trento and I would have had even less tokens to spend. Would have seemed a bit weird to buy camos I can't even see for ships I did not yet own.

It's not a big deal; if Trento's perma-camo is any indication, they don't look very good anyhow. It's just that the incentives for what to spend token on seem somewhat... perverse.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
2 minutes ago, AriochIV said:

Yes, but then I wouldn't have gotten Genova and Trento and I would have had even less tokens to spend. Would have seemed a bit weird to buy camos I can't even see for ships I did not yet own.

It's not a big deal; if Trento's perma-camo is any indication, they don't look very good anyhow. It's just that the incentives for what to spend token on seem somewhat... perverse.

I have around a dozen perma-camos waiting for me to get to those ships. The perma-camos will wait patiently in your inventory for you to get to the ship.

• Cool 1

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
On 11/14/2019 at 2:18 PM, Kizarvexis said:

I have around a dozen perma-camos waiting for me to get to those ships. The perma-camos will wait patiently in your inventory for you to get to the ship.

^THAT. which is why I too had the confidence to get some permacamos when i had the chance even though i dont have those ships. Example: I know the Unsinkable Sam camo is waiting for me if I will ever get to play a German BB line and work up to a Bismarck.

• Cool 1