You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Black Friday "B Ships" Purchase ? Opinions

58 comments in this topic

Members
1,373 posts

1437455250_LennigradB.thumb.png.4d6f157ef462896ca3085c0be04b5114.pngAdded content dedicated to Black Friday:  

• VII Scharnhorst B,  
  • VII Sims B,  
  • IX Alaska B
  • VIII Graf Zeppelin B

Besides that, for all Black ships including those from last year, we added commemorative flags, Commanders, patches, and backgrounds. Details on how to receive them will be published on the website.

These are the four Black Ships that will be issued. 

I am interested in the Alaska B but do not want to part with $77.  So what is your opinion on any of these ships? 

SORRY BUT LENINGRAD IS THE ONLY SHIP PAINTED BLACK I HAVE.....Not a Black Friday Ship....Defense of Leningrad Anniversary. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Cool 1

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles

I don't see the point of adding the "B" to the name. Are they trying to entice collectors who already have one to buy another?

I'd like an Alaska at a reduced price, but I'm reluctant to buy one with a "B" plastered on the end of its name.

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts
5,735 battles

Sims is a fun bote, despite carrying lol-worthy water mine torps; she has a really high XP modifier IIRC.  I don't do CVs, so can't offer an opinion on GZ.  Scharnhorst is a fun ship if the MM cooperates.  These days with the RU BBs and other new lines she hasn't aged as well as she might - YMMV.  I like her and still take her out now and then, but its a lot more work than it used to be to get good results.  I enjoy Alaska; she is a solid cruiser at tier 9 but if the price is putting you off then save your money and grind out a Puerto Rico.  By all accounts, she is a bigger potentially better Alaska and can seemingly be earned for free.

Just my opinion though.

[-TKS-]
Members
827 posts
14,560 battles

oh man as good as the mass b looks that Alaska will be drop dead gorgeous.  Might have to get it which would force me to play it after spending so much .  

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,215 battles
22 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

None of these ship have black friday deal price.

So I pass.

Prices have been released? Where? Have not seen them?

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,215 battles

Alaska is the only one that might interest me, but only under $50.00

Was hoping for a Georgia B or Montana B.

• Cool 1

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles
6 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Prices have been released? Where? Have not seen them?

First post they say 77 USD / 522 HRK

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

I'm sure they will have "surprise mechanics" crates as well.  That's how I got my 3 ships from last year.

I already have all of these though.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,344 posts
12,376 battles

Wonder if they will do the doubloon missions on the regular ships so they end up being free like last year.

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,754 battles

I'm not interested in any of them.  I got an Alaska with free XP, very pleased with it.  I would not pay what they are asking for it.  I bought my Scharnhorst long ago, very pleased with it.   I don't care for DD's or CV's much so I'm not going to buy one.

So, IMHO the Scharnhorst is the only ship I would consider buying.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
3 hours ago, AriochIV said:

I don't see the point of adding the "B" to the name. Are they trying to entice collectors who already have one to buy another?

I'd like an Alaska at a reduced price, but I'm reluctant to buy one with a "B" plastered on the end of its name.

I personally see it more as a scam so they can give you the same ship you already have while stating "buh buh buh it''s a different bote".

I read that in the notes and instantly understood what scam was about to be pulled.   All of the "B" models need to be done away with.  If they want to offer up a camo, so be it, but scamming people with "B" variants should be illegal.  This of course coming from someone that believes most illegal items should be legal. 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,660 posts
2 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

I personally see it more as a scam so they can give you the same ship you already have while stating "buh buh buh it''s a different bote".

I read that in the notes and instantly understood what scam was about to be pulled.   All of the "B" models need to be done away with.  If they want to offer up a camo, so be it, but scamming people with "B" variants should be illegal.  This of course coming from someone that believes most illegal items should be legal. 

If you have the non-black version as well, they are useful to obtain more snowflakes and other win bonuses.  Also nice that you only need one Captain for two boats.

Also you assume the purchaser already has the non-B variant. 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
19 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

If you have the non-black version as well, they are useful to obtain more snowflakes and other win bonuses.  Also nice that you only need one Captain for two boats.

Also you assume the purchaser already has the non-B variant. 

My issue is that when a bundle / reward is offered up for a ship of a certain tier with "no duplicates yielding doubloons" the purchaser ends up getting screwed over because getting a B version isn't getting another ship, it's getting a camo'd ship.  No thanks.

Members
1,660 posts
4 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

My issue is that when a bundle / reward is offered up for a ship of a certain tier with "no duplicates yielding doubloons" the purchaser ends up getting screwed over because getting a B version isn't getting another ship, it's getting a camo'd ship.  No thanks.

You must dislike the HSF Graf Spee as well then.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,255 battles
7 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I am using $77 from the Alaska shown in the North American  Premium Shop....but if they want to discount I think that is GREAT! 

Alaska.thumb.png.0da26ee50b77b2bfca651a44e8f1b4af.png

I got the Mass last year and it was quite a bit cheaper than the normal if I remember correctly.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
21 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

I got the Mass last year and it was quite a bit cheaper than the normal if I remember correctly.

They were all cheaper than their standard counterparts, but I have to admit I'd rather spend FXP on a standard Alaska than buy a Black one. Still, I'm sure the crates will be good for anyone who wants to take a chance AND who values whatever else comes in them if you don't get a ship (because something always does). 

If you DON'T value the guaranteed content, don't buy the crates. If you CAN'T make good use of a duplicate, don't buy the ship. It's as easy as that.

[INTEL]
Members
3,057 posts
16,792 battles
5 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

I don't see how it's a scam unless we agree to redefine the word.  You will be presented with a price, you pay your money and get a copy of an existing ship with a different permanent camo.  It's pretty straightforward.  You choose to buy it or not.  If you do, you know what you're paying for.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
5 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

I don't think the word scam means what you think it means.

You get exactly what's on the tin: A premium ship with black and silver camo.  The ships perform the same as their non-black-and-silver sisters.  No one is getting scammed.

I wish they would also sell perma-camo of that colour scheme.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
847 posts
2,029 battles

I'm close to having enough free xp for Alaska, but I'd gladly buy the black version instead if it's offered at a decent discount, close to the regular price of a tier 8 premium.

That much of a discount is likely a pipe dream, so I'll probably end up using my free xp.

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

I was hoping to get Mass and Asashio this BF. Very disappointing they aren't bringing those back. This year's group seems like a lazy cash grab with some of the oldest T7 prems in the game on offer then they threw in Alaska so they can keep the bundle price the same or higher.

Given this companies history I would expect the crate rng to be worse too.

Edited by ksix