Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Kleber Mogador AA NERF? - AA MOD1 Gone...

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,373 posts

I checked the update 8.10 video and in this forum but did not see any Nerfs.   Both my Kleber and Mogador AA mod 1 slot 3 are gone.   I cannot add AA MOD 1 back in slot 3.   Was this a nerf for 8.10 or is this a 8.10 issue? 

Thanks 

This did have me reading more about how AA works and of course 8.10 so not a complete loss.   I just cannot find the answer.  Thanks1233351654_Klebernerf2.thumb.png.5b95bf9a623af63b8e89f00fa1d92071.png

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[-KIA-]
Members
3,465 posts
14,782 battles

It's not like the AA mod were useful on Kléber or any FR DD to begin with.

They gave you compensation for that anyway

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,890 battles

From the patchnotes

It's no longer possible to mount the AA Guns Modification 1 upgrade on ships that don’t have long-range AA defenses. This upgrade will be demounted free of charge from all such ships and stored in the Inventory when the Update is released.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

That mod doesn't actually do anything for Kleber, the recent patch made it where you can no longer install a useless mod. 

Members
1,373 posts
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

From the patchnotes

It's no longer possible to mount the AA Guns Modification 1 upgrade on ships that don’t have long-range AA defenses. This upgrade will be demounted free of charge from all such ships and stored in the Inventory when the Update is released.

Thanks,  I looked and could not find the patchnotes....  My fault thanks again.  

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

Okay looking at the patch notes this is something that makes sense, but I feel should have been advertised a little better than shoving it down at the bottom in the "other changes" section with stuff like new voice-overs and visual fixes.

I'm not sure if it actually worked before this, but if you look at AA Mod 1 and how it was intended to work you'll see the problem: It adds +2 flak bursts to your long range AA. But the effected ships (not just Kleber and Mogador) don't HAVE long range AA, so... What's it being added to? Either the mod was allowing ships that were supposed to have AA between "jack" and "squat" to spontaneously gain flak that they weren't supposed to have, or it did nothing. If it was the latter then they did you a favor, if the former... Well, balance marches on.

Edit: Of course there are three replies in the time it takes me to post this because I'm trying to be thorough. -_-

[K0]
Members
1,755 posts
8,117 battles
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I'm not sure if it actually worked before this, but if you look at AA Mod 1 and how it was intended to work you'll see the problem: It adds +2 flak bursts to your long range AA. But the effected ships (not just Kleber and Mogador) don't HAVE long range AA, so... What's it being added to? Either the mod was allowing ships that were supposed to have AA between "jack" and "squat" to spontaneously gain flak that they weren't supposed to have, or it did nothing. If it was the latter then they did you a favor, if the former... Well, balance marches on.

It was the latter.

Sign in to follow this