You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Minevoiagian

Should Arpeggio ships get special quirks?

31 comments in this topic

[SIAS]
Members
1 post
3,127 battles

Like maybe something that reflects it in the show like

Hiei gets faster turret traverse

Myoko gets longer range 

Haguro gets better rudder shift or speed

Nachi gets lower detect or something like that

Ashigara gets some other main gun buff

And Takao gets actual premium economy perks

Don't know but it would kind of be nice for those who played the game that much earlier to get something on those collectible ships

• Boring 2

[GWG]
Members
6,948 posts
13,490 battles

Hiei is PINK for those special missions after you TeamKill someone.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,891 battles

If they add Maya, there is a special quirk I want to see :Smile_trollface:

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

If you give the ships perks that their clone parent doesn't have, then you have to offset that with some other nerf as well, to maintain balance.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles

How about no, since they got the ship for free.

• Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
128 posts
17,451 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

How about no, since they got the ship for free.

Exactly This. 

There are far better items Devs can work on. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

I don't think so.

I'm just glad they finally get camo bonuses. I felt so much stealthier when I took my Takao out for the first time after the patch... or at least I would have if it wasn't a double CV game.

• Funny 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,225 battles

Only incentive WG has is to make Takao completely different from Atago, as then you have reason to buy Atago. Now, maybe if another ARP crossover came, but as of right now there's no reason.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

I'm happy about the change to make the skins into free perma-camo.

Not going to call the OP's idea bad (and I don't care if the ships were free), in isolation it has its appeal, but the balance issue just looms too large.  Better to leave the ships as they are.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
4,307 posts
4,577 battles

Only unique quirk i'd ask for is to model them differently. Kinda like how Kagero, Yukikaze, Proto-Kagero Asashio and Harekaze are all slightly different from each other. Except Takao already looks like Takao, so uh . . .

Edited by Yoshiblue

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,990 posts
5,814 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

It would be nice if they became available again.  Won't happen, but....

It was also said HSF would never return as well, since the studio that made it went bankrupt. And yet here we are. Never say never I guess.

3 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Only unique quirk i'd ask for is to model them differently. Kinda like how Kagero, Yukikaze, Proto-Kagero Asashio and Harekaze are all slightly different from each other. Expect Takao already looks like Takao, so uh . . .

Well, thing is that Atago's model, that ARP Takao uses, is actually the recycled alpha test Takao. So it'd be kinda hard for ARP Takao to not look like Takao.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
590 posts
4,130 battles

I played my cruisers last night, haven't played the BBs yet, but it didn't feel any different after the recent buff that allowed the colorful skins to actually act as basic camo.  Still can't knock getting a buff to a free ship I've had for years.  Thanks WG!

Now I just need the two Dragon ships to complete my Myoko clone sets, because apparently you can never have too many Myokos. 

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
11 minutes ago, HayabusaZ said:

I played my cruisers last night, haven't played the BBs yet, but it didn't feel any different after the recent buff that allowed the colorful skins to actually act as basic camo.  Still can't knock getting a buff to a free ship I've had for years.  Thanks WG!

Now I just need the two Dragon ships to complete my Myoko clone sets, because apparently you can never have too many Myokos. 

I'm glad that they have the basic type 5 camouflage benefits.  However I do agree that each ARP ship should have one thing just a little bit special to differentiate it from the others. NOTE: I'm not a big anime fan nor do I speak/understand Japanese, so I can recognize different voices for the unique captain assigned to the ARP ship but I don't consider that sufficient variability to play one over the other. Since I don't know the anime story line I can't verify but I'd assume that in the stories the ships did have different characteristics.  Could be as simple as a built-in flag (i.e., Sierra Mike is benefit of ARP X and India Yankee is benefit of ARP Y). 

If not, and you remove the ARP unique camouflage and mount any other camouflage then you just have:

11 minutes ago, HayabusaZ said:

Myoko clone sets, because apparently you can never have too many Myokos. 

While I like the Myoko (I sold mine because I have the ARPs), other than captain retraining in a hurry I can't see any reason to have more than one.

Members
91 posts

Vessery just confirmed on Reddit that ARP and Dragon ships will get economic bonuses for their camouflage in early 2020. So they will be essentialy tech-tree ships with the full benefits of a normal permanent camouflage for the tier. Seems like a good deal for ships you could get for free.

Edited by SheikTheDog

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Each of them gets its own daily bonus, its own "snowflake" during events, etc. 

Snowflake is a once a year (or so) frequency so I would say that's not really a reason to play a specific ship on any given day.  Yes, there's a daily bonus (and if you are retraining an IJN captain without spending elite commander XP or dubloons or FXP) but I have 144 ships. On any given day I play different ships (because there's a difference in play and/or performance in that ship).  Having several Myoko clones is nice, but it would also be nice if there was some variability other than appearance (or captain voice over) is all that's being suggested/requested.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
1 minute ago, dashtardly said:

Snowflake is a once a year (or so) frequency so I would say that's not really a reason to play a specific ship on any given day.  Yes, there's a daily bonus (and if you are retraining an IJN captain without spending elite commander XP or dubloons or FXP) but I have 144 ships. On any given day I play different ships (because there's a difference in play and/or performance in that ship).  Having several Myoko clones is nice, but it would also be nice if there was some variability other than appearance (or captain voice over) is all that's being suggested/requested.

We've had multiple "snowflake" events during 2019 -- they just weren't literally snowflakes.

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

We've had multiple "snowflake" events during 2019 -- they just weren't literally snowflakes.

I have over 144 ships and I don't play them ALL EVER, except when there's a snowflake event (and even then, it's over several days to get them all done). I'm talking about a reason to play on a daily basis.