You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryMermaid

Why Does WG Still Only Reward Players Using T5+ Ships?

22 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

Daily missions, and event missions are huge parts of the game and in both cases you need a T5+ ship. I'm grinding Italian cruisers, and despite the long queue for low tier Randoms I like it. The only problem is while I was playing with my Italian Cruisers I wasn't getting any of the event missions/directives done for Italian Cruisers Part 2. 

First of all, come on WG... seriously?! If you're not going to remove the tier requirements for all ships, at least remove them for players grinding whatever new ships you've released.

Second of all, why even have this restriction? Aren't you guys supposed to be trying to attract new players? Doesn't this make newbies feel left out because they don't have any T5s (or they only have one T5 they've decided they don't even like playing).

I bet more people would play low tier games (especially PVP games) if they knew it counted for their daily missions, and low tier gameplay is distinctively different than mid or high tier gameplay, which means if more people play low tier games they won't get bored / burned out from the game as easily and they'll want to play even more

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
1 hour ago, Silisquish said:

at least remove them for players grinding whatever new ships you've released.

No! We all went through the same thing over the past few years. Why should you be any different?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles

It would be nice if we could still advance missions or at least the dailies with tier four ships like we used to be able to do.

[WPORT]
Members
5,531 posts
10,535 battles

I have no problem with giving lower tier ships access to missions and operations.

It may take longer to earn the XP or damage or other mission fulfillment criteria.
But, it would be the player's decision about which ship to accomplish missions & challenges with.

It would also be interesting to have historic scenarios/operations using the ships of low-tier to re-enact their roles of the era (WW-I or earlier, for example).

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 6:57 PM, Feclez said:

Nuff said I think

seal.jpg

I don't think WG is concerned about seal clubbing

I think WG just wants newbies to get to tier 5 as fast as possible, and uses this as motivation. The problem is by doing this they're also removing some of the game content from newbies, so I'm arguing that this is more of a detriment than a benefit when it comes to new players.

I'm also arguing that even for experienced players, they should be encouraged to play low tiers more because, fore reasons I've previously mentioned. If WG wants to, they can create a special MM where players with 1,000+ battles get their own MM in tier 1-4 ships for Random Battles.

If WG really cared about seal clubbers they'd figure something else that actually works, like disabling all level three and four commander skills on low tier ships so someone with a spare 10-pt or 19-pt captain and tons of cmdr xp, or a low tier premium, can't just flat out use OP commander skills at low tiers that no newbie will ever get a chance to use.

The lower tier ships are easy to learn but have a low skill ceiling compared to their higher tier counterparts, so the most effective way to seal club is to put a 10+ point captain on a low tier ship. Having an extra repair party, or 10% more concealment, or radio location or 20% more range or 10% faster reload, these are all level three & four commander skills that make a real difference but WG still allows it.

Edited by Silisquish

[DDCO]
Beta Testers
561 posts
6,172 battles

They could at least make some generic lower reward things for tier II to IV.

Reward the newbies and let me play some of my oldest ships (Arkansas Beta) for old times sake.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,016 posts
22,581 battles
57 minutes ago, Martin31415 said:

Reward the newbies and let me play some of my oldest ships (Arkansas Beta) for old times sake.

Before the new "Daily Missions" were the rage and all you had to do was grind out Daily Crates, I used to play low tier ships all the time. It was just so much fun, I really miss it as I just don't have the time to grind out what needs to be done and play for fun. A low tier campaign could be a blast. 

• Cool 5

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

WG doesn't want to encourage seal clubbing, not even against bots in co-op. My favourite ship in the entire game is at T3 but because these daily missions and event directives discriminate lower tiers, I don't get to play her much anymore. Sometimes I wonder why WG bothers putting T1-4 ships into the game at all.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,016 posts
22,581 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

WG doesn't want to encourage seal clubbing, not even against bots in co-op. My favourite ship in the entire game is at T3 but because these daily missions and event directives discriminate lower tiers, I don't get to play her much anymore. Sometimes I wonder why WG bothers putting T1-4 ships into the game at all.

It does make you wonder for sure. In World of Tanks last month, they actually had a mission for Tank Rewards that required you to use some low tier premium & tech tree tanks. I thought that was pretty cool and can easily see that kind of thing working in Ships. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,685 posts
22,483 battles

I think overall the OP has a point. I'd put the first stage of the daily missions at any tier and then the "hard" mission at T6+.

Something for the newbies and still encouragement to play higher tiers.

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
Beta Testers
561 posts
6,172 battles
9 hours ago, Martin31415 said:

And what about operations for lower tiers? No seal clubbing in operations and might be more engaging for newbies.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,016 posts
22,581 battles
13 minutes ago, Martin31415 said:

And what about operations for lower tiers? No seal clubbing in operations and might be more engaging for newbies.

This is an awesome idea Martin! 

• Cool 2

[USCC1]
[USCC1]
Members
17 posts
29,277 battles

In some other post, I floated the idea of missions/operations for lower tiered ships (1-4) based on WW-I battles or early in the inter war period such as 1920s. 

usni-lockupH-4c-Member.gif.9f98518b5bdb04ef715d09be8c882bbe.gif

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
715 posts

Short Answer: Money

Long answer: Money, incite sales of premium time / ships.

It is a free to play, you can't expect everything to be aimed at everyone. If you want that, go play a legit game where you pay a raw price. Or something subscription based like MMO RPGs.

This is nothing more then Gacha but on PC instead your phone.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
8 hours ago, Sir_Kimo said:

In some other post, I floated the idea of missions/operations for lower tiered ships (1-4) based on WW-I battles or early in the inter war period such as 1920s.

You can forget about it. WG is only interested in WW2/postwar content.

[4_T_W]
Beta Testers
92 posts
1,176 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Silisquish said:

Daily missions, and event missions are huge parts of the game and in both cases you need a T5+ ship. I'm grinding Italian cruisers, and despite the long queue for low tier Randoms I like it. The only problem is while I was playing with my Italian Cruisers I wasn't getting any of the event missions/directives done for Italian Cruisers Part 2. 

First of all, come on WG... seriously?! If you're not going to remove the tier requirements for all ships, at least remove them for players grinding whatever new ships you've released.

Second of all, why even have this restriction? Aren't you guys supposed to be trying to attract new players? Doesn't this make newbies feel left out because they don't have any T5s (or they only have one T5 they've decided they don't even like playing).

I bet more people would play low tier games (especially PVP games) if they knew it counted for their daily missions, and low tier gameplay is distinctively different than mid or high tier gameplay, which means if more people play low tier games they won't get bored / burned out from the game as easily and they'll want to play even more

Granted, they are having the new mission to get 10 BF containers that can drop tier VII-VIII-IX ships. I see your point though, it can be annoying with restrictions sometimes, however getting to tier V isn't really that bad, it would be bad if the restriction was tier VII-VIII, because boy..the Bismarck took a literal month just to unlock, and that's without using doubloons lol. But ye, but to remove the missions is a bit extreme, as I said, I can see your frustration/point. However I am not criticizing ye at all, just commenting on the subject. But aye. I think the reason for the restriction is because tier V is the middle point in the game, since majority of the players would have a tier V even as a premium etc.

Edited by Wraithunter

[4_T_W]
Beta Testers
92 posts
1,176 battles
On 11/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, Martin31415 said:

Granted, I have played Co-op for the longest time on WOWS since Beta lol. So I do miss playing my Arkansa Beta at tier IV as well. But for those low-tier premium ships like that tier II Premium Japanese battleship (name escapes me right now...lol) that actually would be a cool reward for someone just starting out, I mean its tier II, but for someone having tier II-IV ships, it might be helpful. I mean, I know they have that for the recruiting station, but still. Even if they did low-tier operations, it would be cool if they did historical match ups, even with bots, Japanese vs US etc. Just me though.

Edited by Wraithunter
  • Cool 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,591 posts
4,409 battles

I assume this is because WG wants those new players to grind up the line as fast as possible? I still don't like it; it discourages me from playing low tier simply because I can't make progress on missions with them, including my Ishizuchi.

[AV-J]
Members
4 posts
6,935 battles

while I understand what seems to be WG's desire to push players to get to T5+ as fast as possible, I actually enjoy playing the low tier ships from time to time.  The tactics used are very different at tier II-IV and offer up a unique change of pace.  I think WG is missing out by not also having some campaigns or missions for the lower tiered ships, especially when they do still sell premium ships for those tiers.  Much easier to get someone to drop $5-10 dollars on their first purchased ship than a $50-75 one.

• Cool 2

[WPP]
[WPP]
Members
119 posts
24,804 battles

No reason why they couldn't. I like jumping back and playing my St Louis. A cool gunboat and lots of fun. BUT! Just like I asked last year and this year about changing the stupid "Curse" button to "Player (X) launched torps, it is too easy to do and that won't pay the bill. JMO