You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pugilistic

Tier IV, 9 vs 9, 3 CV's per side

103 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,100 battles

Oh, such fun; ships that were designed before CV's existed or while they were experimental and therefore have essentially no AA facing 3 carriers. Helpless 20 kt BBs  getting boxdropped. Only 6 surface ships per side. 

There is zero counter to a 3 way, 2-3 run boxdrop on an Ishizuchi or Ark Beta even with an Orion and a cruiser in AA range of the attack. 

Game made my eyes bleed. That was the easy button squared, an ATM of damage and XP.  And these were tier 4 ships, its an order of magnitude worse for tier 3's facing carriers. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 11
  • Boring 2

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,378 posts
20,047 battles

What makes my eyes bleed is were almost a year into it and WG still think everything's just fine down there

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,069 posts
36,066 battles

What kind of mind thinks that is a good idea?

T4 used to be a ton of fun.... sadness....

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,217 posts
21,439 battles

I'm not a CV hater (never have been) but it is stupid 3x3 CVs still exist.  Nobody likes that.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

What makes my eyes bleed is were almost a year into it and WG still think everything's just fine down there

I have been running tier 5 quite a bit and those 3 CV matches are not happening every time and I have seen a lot of matches with no CV's. They know about the problem but there is no fix that doesn't bring additional problems.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,069 posts
36,066 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I have been running tier 5 quite a bit and those 3 CV matches are not happening every time and I have seen a lot of matches with no CV's. They know about the problem but there is no fix that doesn't bring additional problems.

of course changes will make additional problems. But those idiotic 3v3 CV matches are almost universally hated. Lets have the other problems, please.

• Cool 6

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

of course changes will make additional problems. But those idiotic 3v3 CV matches are almost universally hated. Lets have the other problems, please.

I would like to see some hard data on how often these three CV matches are happening. It may be that they are rare enough that they don't consider it worth "fixing".

• Cool 1

Members
1,072 posts
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I would like to see some hard data on how often these three CV matches are happening. It may be that they are rare enough that they don't consider it worth "fixing".

9x9 with 3 CVs a side is a queue dump.  That means people waited 3-5 minutes to get that.  

• Cool 3

Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles

People have been complaining about this for well over a year. WG just doesn't care. I used to love playing T4 battles but no more. Instead, newer players have to wait over 2 minutes to acquire enough players for a battle. Again, I''ll repeat myself.... WG simply doesn't care or they would have done something about so many CVs in low tiers. OP post won't change anything. A year from now it will be the same.   

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
9 minutes ago, agm114r said:

9x9 with 3 CVs a side is a queue dump.  That means people waited 3-5 minutes to get that.  

That or co-op and the tree CV's all queued up within seconds of each other and since there is always a matching tier CV in the queue in co-op it took all three.

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles

Like the other guy said they dont give a shiSt$T. It only takes a few games down there to see that it doesn't f-work. Too many CV's in queue OK dump them in Co-Op with Bots once they hit overflow. 

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA

[KNCOL]
Members
107 posts
7,783 battles
37 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is because T5 and T4 matchmaking differ significantly. Primarily, that T5s can see +2 and T4s can only see +1. So of course you don't see as many problems at T5. The MM will match you with T4,5,6 and 7. T4s get T3,T4,T5

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,100 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That or co-op and the tree CV's all queued up within seconds of each other and since there is always a matching tier CV in the queue in co-op it took all three.

It was randoms, and there were more CVs in queue than any other class except cruisers. 

I have wondered about the prevalence of 3-CV games and so ran Yubari for about a dozen games lately. I got 3 3-CV games, one with one, several with two and one or two with none. Two was most common, and I see why, it’s easy mode especially if you get some Tier III targets. 

• Cool 1

[TRU]
Members
606 posts
18,278 battles
8 minutes ago, agm114r said:

I played one this morning like that as a CV.  I would have to agree that 6 carriers in a match are too many for most of the surface ships.  I waited for just over a minute to get into the 9x9 game.  

What I noticed in this game was that just one carrier, the enemy Hermes with one torpedo per drop, would cause all of our BBs to turn and give their broadsides.  Our BBs mainly got massacred from enemy guns trying to avoid torpedoes that only do 2 to 5k damage.  Enemy cruisers burned them, and the enemy BBs did huge chunks of broadside damage.  It looked like a parking lot full of burning DUIs as the friendly BBs would hit each other and then blare their horns.  Their DD was of little consequence rushing one of our cruisers who deleted him.  

I thought our clemson lost his mind charging an Italian cruiser and missed with his one side of torps.  I tried to assist him and dropped my Hosho torps and the cruiser turned broadside into the Clemson's 2nd set.  The balls on that one lol.   

Now we get up to high tiers, I rarely see CVs.  If I do, there is one per side.  The AA is strong enough in some cases to melt planes, but you can still get two and rarely three strikes on a DD or a target that had their AA damaged.  If they are within a group AA bubble, better make that first and only strike count.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,100 battles

This has to be a terrific discouragement to any new players coming through Tier III. 

WG is grinding up the seed corn. 

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
19 minutes ago, Constalation said:

That is because T5 and T4 matchmaking differ significantly. Primarily, that T5s can see +2 and T4s can only see +1. So of course you don't see as many problems at T5. The MM will match you with T4,5,6 and 7. T4s get T3,T4,T5

I have seen quite a few tier 4/5 matches with no CV's and it is frustrating to have a hungry Texas or even the October Revolution and no planes.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,116 posts
19,208 battles

When are you going to understand that this was done on purpose to meet the goals of having somewhere safe for new CV players to learn and to force experienced players to not stay and play in the lower, seal clubbing tiers. WoWs wants you to move up where they can take your money, and this is just one way of making you do it.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
16 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

It was randoms, and there were more CVs in queue than any other class except cruisers. 

I have wondered about the prevalence of 3-CV games and so ran Yubari for about a dozen games lately. I got 3 3-CV games, one with one, several with two and one or two with none. Two was most common, and I see why, it’s easy mode especially if you get some Tier III targets. 

I had to point out that it could have been co-op because they just went to 9 vs 9 today but yeah, that is definitely a queue dump.

[RLGN]
Members
14,312 posts
25,245 battles

Needed to play some Hermes games recently, because reasons.

That thing is just awful compared to even Langley, never mind even the recently nerfed Hosho. All it was really good for was shooting down planes from other carriers.

Of course; if your team isn’t mashed potatoes then it can go around and kill secure in the endgame; but against players with enough brain cells to comprehend WASD, it’s next to useless.

(edit)

No wonder all I saw in most of the games were Langleys and Hoshos. In just one game, all four carriers were Hermes.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,100 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I had to point out that it could have been co-op because they just went to 9 vs 9 today but yeah, that is definitely a queue dump.

Completely reasonable conclusion. I was just clarifying, wasn’t meant to be snarky. 

• Cool 1

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
85 posts
12,915 battles

CV need to be hard capped at 1 per side and 1 per side only. This would eliminate  queue dumps and as I see it would only entail a longer wait for a match for a player that chooses to play CV. The individual could always choose a different class! Instead WG decide to ruin the experience for the rest of the players, who then spend the battle being the recipients of 'wack a mole'!

From a marketing perspective I just do not get it, please the minority at the expense of the majority! Just down right stupid.

• Cool 5

[FORM]
Members
1,638 posts
11,378 battles
1 hour ago, Pugilistic said:

Oh, such fun; ships that were designed before CV's existed or while they were experimental and therefore have essentially no AA

Some actually have no AA at all. I won't taken my Dreadnought out, no point in it now with 3v3 CVs being possible and 2v2 CVs being more common than anything else... the Dread is just a big, slow, easy target. No fun at all in that. Sit near the friendly CV and hope to get enough AA cover from that? Yah, nope... I'd rather not bother.

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
28 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

This has to be a terrific discouragement to any new players coming through Tier III

The fact that it almost certainly drives away X% of new players, and yet they haven't done anything about it, says loads about WG management. 

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, Targeted said:

CV need to be hard capped at 1 per side and 1 per side only. This would eliminate  queue dumps and as I see it would only entail a longer wait for a match for a player that chooses to play CV. The individual could always choose a different class! Instead WG decide to ruin the experience for the rest of the players, who then spend the battle being the recipients of 'wack a mole'!

From a marketing perspective I just do not get it, please the minority at the expense of the majority! Just down right stupid.

It would not eliminate queue dumps, it would increase them. Yeah there would only be one CV but the rest of the match might be two BB's, two cruisers, and a DD. In a tier 4 top tier match the CV would be laughing maniacally since there are only a couple of ships in tier 4 that could threaten their planes and all but new players would know which ships to stay clear of. A hard two might work but not a hard one.

• Cool 1