Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quor_Dresden

Permanent camo

15 comments in this topic

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles

I was looking into permanent camos for some of the ships I may what to keep as i move up the tech trees. Then I noticed just from tier 6 to 7 it doubles in cost. Is it a special kind of paint change from one tier to another? ( said with sarcasm ) All the stats are the same on the comos. I would understand if each tier gave higher stats on permanent camos. I got no problem with micro transactions to keep the game going but i think this is a bit on the nutty, greedy side. Does it continue to double as you got up tiers?

Anyway I was looking for alternative ways to get permanent camos. Besides the special offer ones that are from what I see just for specific ships. And my search through the armory didnt help. 

Are there other ways of getting permanent camos by other means then 1000 doubloons and up?

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
5 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

I was looking into permanent camos for some of the ships I may what to keep as i move up the tech trees. Then I noticed just from tier 6 to 7 it doubles in cost. Is it a special kind of paint change from one tier to another? ( said with sarcasm ) All the stats are the same on the comos. I would understand if each tier gave higher stats on permanent camos. I got no problem with micro transactions to keep the game going but i think this is a bit on the nutty, greedy side. Does it continue to double as you got up tiers?

Anyway I was looking for alternative ways to get permanent camos. Besides the special offer ones that are from what I see just for specific ships. And my search through the armory didnt help. 

Are there other ways of getting permanent camos by other means then 1000 doubloons and up?

They give away a decent amount of permanent camos through events, but they aren't always ongoing.  For example, they had a space event a little while ago that gave out Bionic camos for a lot of mid tier ships.  Tier 10 camos are pretty hard to come by, but thats the end game so its expected.

Premium and Reward ships come with perma camos too, so if you can grind to get those ships, they already have it (among other benefits).

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

some events etc have permanent camos for specific ships, others like Halloween have them for specific tiers

tier X are 5000 doubloons

tier IX are 4000 doubloons

tier VIII are 3000 doubloons

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

I'd advise against any permacamos for ships lower than tier 10 unless you have a ship that you really play often after you've unlocked a higher tier, or if you just have a lot of disposable income. The 50% xp bonus isn't that great given you'll eventually accumulate tons of expendable 100%xp camos, which are better for grinding. The T10 permacamos have bonuses much better than T9 and below, and are almost mandatory for playing T10 ships without losing credits. Save your doubloons for those would be my advice. 

Note that you can get free permacamos for the Bismark by purchasing Hunt for Bismark crates in the arsenal. 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,919 posts
15,335 battles

WG had been very generous so far

This year Halloween event, Twighlight battle - collecting filth -------- you can get a perm camo for t8,t9,t10

Traditionally, xmas event - marathon style gave perm camo for x5 of t6

Or buy perm camo

Currently Premium shop offer some ---- think of it as long term investment, the perm camo out weight the doubloon

Or

If you complete the campaign, you get premium ship ------------ There is 1 now offer t6 IJN dd, Shinoneme <-- she got perm camo

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
20 minutes ago, b101uk said:

some events etc have permanent camos for specific ships, others like Halloween have them for specific tiers

Well thats to bad. I would buy for some of the ships I like but 1000 already seems a bit nutty even if it was tier X. 

Members
1,373 posts

Don’t buy.   

Unless the forums tell you that it is a ship you will keep.  

Tier 10 is about the only ones that make sense and there is a very good argument against them. 

Event free perm camo is always good! 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
17,743 battles
1 hour ago, b101uk said:

I have seen these costs cut in half numerous times for various in-game sale events through the years. OP could always wait for that to happen again. Pretty sure it will.

Respects,

Am

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
85 posts
12,877 battles

While I appreciate the free permanent camos and I am not complaining about receiving free items. I very much like the Bismarck damaged camo it lets me immerse myself in the period the game is representing loosely.  I just wish that the reward camo was more realistic and less...well silly.

I like to play warships not space ships or monster ships.

[GWG]
Members
6,954 posts
13,500 battles

I bought my T9 camo for the Baltimore -- then they moved it to T8.  Now it's on the little used Buffalo.

Bought T9 camo for the Essex for half price.  Essex went away, was refunded FULL price for the camo.  Camo went back on sale and I bought T9 camo for the Iowa and the FDG.

Another T9 ship that required camo (because it's awesome) is the Fletcher.  Paid full price.

T9 ships I don't have camo for are: Seattle, Izumo, Ibuki, Roon, and Udaloi. 

FDG, Fletcher, Ibuki and Udaloi are grinders - and the others are elited and kept just for snowflakes.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
2 hours ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Well thats to bad. I would buy for some of the ships I like but 1000 already seems a bit nutty even if it was tier X. 

Just depends on how much you are going to play a ship.  If you are going to play it a lot, over a long time, it's a good value for the money.  If you are only going to play it once in a great while, not so much.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,940 posts
15,492 battles
2 hours ago, Quor_Dresden said:

As others have mentioned, certain mid tier ships can have premium camos for free from various events over the years. 

But even so, I would recommend waiting for a camo sale - they are typically 50% off and if there is no pressing immediate need, waiting for the sales is very handy. 

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
54 minutes ago, Targeted said:

While I appreciate the free permanent camos and I am not complaining about receiving free items. I very much like the Bismarck damaged camo it lets me immerse myself in the period the game is representing loosely.  I just wish that the reward camo was more realistic and less...well silly.

I like to play warships not space ships or monster ships.

ya, this is another reason I made this thread. It is all nice and good that these events have some permanent camos, but I dont have an interest in a crocodile ship. Really looking for more options on a more normal permanent camo.

8 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I would recommend waiting for a camo sale - they are typically 50% off

I guess I will try and wait for this. When do they typically have the sales? I heard Christmas has ship slot sales, anything else coming around that time I should save for? 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,940 posts
15,492 battles
41 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

ya, this is another reason I made this thread. It is all nice and good that these events have some permanent camos, but I dont have an interest in a crocodile ship. Really looking for more options on a more normal permanent camo.

I guess I will try and wait for this. When do they typically have the sales? I heard Christmas has ship slot sales, anything else coming around that time I should save for? 

I’m not sure there is a strong pattern to the sales, but if memory serves they happen about once or twice a year. 

Christmas would be a good candidate. 

Sign in to follow this