Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Post-match: 1 min

10 comments in this topic

Members
6,152 posts
9,801 battles

After match is officially over, let the remaining shells and torps have 60 seconds to complete their travel time before post-battle results or no?

Cause it is annoying to get excellent shot or torps off and nope, game ends before they strike.

But IDK--sounds like more server-side work for WG.

Your thoughts?

• Confused 1

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

If you extended the match by 1 minute after the game is over, it wouldn't actually be over would it?  Not sure what this would accomplish. A game needs rules as to when it ends (unless that game is soccer). 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,137 posts
8,353 battles
8 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

If you extended the match by 1 minute after the game is over, it wouldn't actually be over would it?  Not sure what this would accomplish. A game needs rules as to when it ends (unless that game is soccer). 

True, but look at basketball. Games get won by shots that are in mid-air when the buzzer sounds.

I might not be inclined to do it for torps, because they take so long to travel, but I would be ok with it for shells in flight, as if the player is going to dodge, he's in the middle of doing it when the match ends, and 10-15 seconds of forced continuation of maneuvering doesn't seem too onerous.

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles

I like it. Victory or defeat would flash up on the screen but a delay before going to the stat screen would be great. See final shots, say good game or one last insult for those that must do so. I have always found the instant end to be annoying. I been in conversations near the end that just get cut off. Rude really for an online game to do so.

Maybe instead of 1 min just leave a button on the screen that you can hit when your done watching shells drop or saying something in chat.

Edited by Quor_Dresden

[AFW-]
[AFW-]
Members
294 posts
14,241 battles
24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

True, but look at basketball. Games get won by shots that are in mid-air when the buzzer sounds.

I might not be inclined to do it for torps, because they take so long to travel, but I would be ok with it for shells in flight, as if the player is going to dodge, he's in the middle of doing it when the match ends, and 10-15 seconds of forced continuation of maneuvering doesn't seem too onerous.

but their games dont end if they reach a max score nor do they use a negative score system. Also if you allow it for shells then you have to allow it for torps. we have all seen torps just a few yards away then cut to the battle results screen.

My vote is no to the OP. it doesnt help anything but personal ego

[RLGN]
Members
14,330 posts
25,270 battles
47 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Isn’t there something like a game-end delay in Tanks? Like you cap a base, but there’s a few seconds delay before the game ‘ends?’ (Because shells in flight might reset the cap?) I’m not exactly sure, just that there seems to be a delay.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

As long as no xp or credits are gained, but honestly I think it'd be more effort for the Devs than it's worth.

I agree.

Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles

This happened to me once in Narai. We were getting pressed hard at the end until I was the last ship left, and then I blew up. And the end music played, and we won. With our entire team sunk.

Would have felt like we earned it if the game ended when we met the operation conditions, but as you know ops goes on a bit after conditions are met.

We won, but it felt like a loss.

Keep it the way it is

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Hoops can't dodge or fire back.

Sign in to follow this