Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Invisible DD while collecting filth

13 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,384 posts
16,178 battles

Should have known when I saw a single  clan division of 3 in the team screen that things would go badly with any truce. Anyway, I was being shelled (and torped) by their DD and never saw it the whole time. It was chasing me for some time, guns firing the whole time. Are the concealment/gun bloom rules different in that scenario?

[HINON]
Members
13,253 posts

Which DD was it? Also keep this in mind when playing that game mode.

wu6zrP0.gif

Edited by RipNuN2

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,686 battles

We clan up hoping to survive a failed truce. If by some chance two teams get in the third tends to honor it. Lol. Reminds me of the wild west waiting at the portal. Who might draw first... hmm.

[CVA16]
Members
5,384 posts
16,178 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Which DD was it? Also keep this in mind when playing that game mode.

Don't remember but I think it was T10. Tough to be prepared to kill something you can never see. Normally, smoke runs out, torpedoes need to reload, when the DD fires in open water, you can see it. I was in a BB, team was behind me as I raced to get the clockwise 200 Filth spot and engage (and kill) the bot Crocosaur. All this while being blapped by their Cruiser and BB

Members
727 posts
9,871 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Should have known when I saw a single  clan division of 3 in the team screen that things would go badly with any truce. Anyway, I was being shelled (and torped) by their DD and never saw it the whole time. It was chasing me for some time, guns firing the whole time. Are the concealment/gun bloom rules different in that scenario?

The guns are secondaries, so they do not affect concealment when they fire.

[CVA16]
Members
5,384 posts
16,178 battles
24 minutes ago, WernerHerzdog said:

Decided not to play the offered DD (saw too many die early). Their guns are secondaries??? DD with no main guns? Accuracy seems too good for that.

I first though there was some inviso-consumable but that should have eventually run out.

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,141 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Well, we (My Clan) often do the Twighlight battles and we always honour any truce agreement. I think it's far more likely if the div is not in a clan and not on discord with each other that you will have a rouge one who does not honour (or maybe even agree to) the Truce. Our Moto for Twighlight is "we shoot at whatever shoots at us" We are very warey but also forgiving. But I also have no doubt theres gonna be Liars who say they want a truce then shoot you first chance they get.

[CVA16]
Members
5,384 posts
16,178 battles
37 minutes ago, TRN2LA said:

Well, we (My Clan) often do the Twighlight battles and we always honour any truce agreement. I think it's far more likely if the div is not in a clan and not on discord with each other that you will have a rouge one who does not honour (or maybe even agree to) the Truce. Our Moto for Twighlight is "we shoot at whatever shoots at us" We are very warey but also forgiving. But I also have no doubt theres gonna be Liars who say they want a truce then shoot you first chance they get.

Nope, these were three ships from the same clan. They never agreed (that I saw) to the truce but didn't deny it either. My first clue was seeing them coming right at me, CCW and shooting at me. Obviously their plan from the start was to attack other teams.

Still haven't seen an answer why I could not see their DD. See the bot DDs all the time when they start shooting.

Members
727 posts
9,871 battles
6 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Decided not to play the offered DD (saw too many die early). Their guns are secondaries??? DD with no main guns? Accuracy seems too good for that.

The guns on the Steel Lancet and Angler are secondaries but they're heavily buffed from regular secondaries. Mutantovsk is regular guns and it gets spotted when it shoots, same as usual.

Edited by WernerHerzdog
  • Cool 1

Members
97 posts

You can make a meme build with the Steel Lancet (IX) or Angler (X) to make the secondaries fire beyond their concealment.

Steel Lancet can fire up to 6.25km with concealment of 5.4km, with 4 gun barrels pointing forwards. This is what you probably faced.

Angler can fire up to 5.62km with concealment of 5.4km, which doesn't leave much room for error.

• Cool 1

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,141 battles
On 11/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Nope, these were three ships from the same clan. They never agreed (that I saw) to the truce but didn't deny it either. My first clue was seeing them coming right at me, CCW and shooting at me. Obviously their plan from the start was to attack other teams.

Still haven't seen an answer why I could not see their DD. See the bot DDs all the time when they start shooting.

yeh sorry buddy, other than them being outside of detection range I cant explain that. I understand your frustration at lack of answers to your question

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
On 11/14/2019 at 4:09 AM, DanSilverwing said:

You can make a meme build with the Steel Lancet (IX) or Angler (X) to make the secondaries fire beyond their concealment.

Steel Lancet can fire up to 6.25km with concealment of 5.4km, with 4 gun barrels pointing forwards. This is what you probably faced.

Angler can fire up to 5.62km with concealment of 5.4km, which doesn't leave much room for error.

@Sabot_100 This would be why.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,450 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, WernerHerzdog said:

The highest tier DD has actual gun control. pretty effective to, even against Cruisers.
The Mutantovsk

Edited by Ericmopar

Sign in to follow this