You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

STOP RUINING COOPS FOR US again 9x9 joke

142 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles

was looking forward to 9x9 coops till

THERE I WAS trying out the new tr1 IT getting the feel for it and the new 9x9 mode  

and every game is ending now with one red ship left to kill. Never used to happen at tr1, just higher tier.

what's the point of 9x9 if you are going to end it at 8 kills or less,?

How can I ever get a 9 kill game if you are going to end them at 8 now. ?       ( I do have some 8 kill games on record so it is possible)

why do you want to ruin thing for people when 15 seconds more would have ended the game with all the reds dead.

every time you  end the game early just before someone finishes off the ship he is shooting at (when he has it down to just one more hit) You are making people mad, and mad people don't spend money.

is there someone over at wg whose job it is to make the players mad at WG? someone whose job is to introduce something aggravating with each update.,?seems like it! 

fix the game ending algorithm or remove it (better yet)

I play Rands, clan battles , ranked for competing against others, I play coops to relax, have fun and compete against my self, or do some missions better done in coops.  

if you continue to cheat me out of xp causing me to waste flags and camo, cause the game ends 5sec before I finish a kill or cap, you take away much of the reason I play coops and I will cut back my game time not use it to play other mods instead. thus less money to WG .

I am not the only one to complain about this, what part of happy people play more don't you understand.

I was really looking forward to 9x9 and you have ruined it for me with this ending early garbage.

perhaps someone has the idea coop players don't spend money on this game, not true, budget $300 a month year after year on this and 80% spent in coops.

guess that just shows how stupid I am,  should send it to a charity instead.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 7
  • Boring 22

Members
4,462 posts
19,490 battles
6 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

I recently won 1 million bucks in the state lottery. I donated a quarter to charity. What should I do with the remaining $999,999 and 75 cents?  :Smile_unsure:

• Funny 16

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

I had forgotten about the games going to 9x9 in coop and hadn't even noticed until I read this post. What I have noticed is that many, many games are now ending with the 0 point rule (i.e. 'mercy' rule) kicking in... many times with 2 ships left. I haven't seen one end with 3 ships left yet...I wonder if that is possible now.

They didn't need to make any changes to coop to improve it, other than eliminating the annoying, ever-complained-about 'mercy" rule (and I mean in coop only).

Fair Seas

Edited by BattleBard149
spelling errors and grammer
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,541 posts

I will admit, in Random I can see the need for this.  In coop, it really should just be till one team has all their ships sunk.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
15 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

was looking forward to 9x9 coops till

THERE I WAS trying out the new tr1 IT getting the feel for it and the new 9x9 mode  

and every game is ending now with one red ship left to kill. Never used to happen at tr1, just higher tier.

what's the point of 9x9 if you are going to end it at 8 kills or less,?

How can I ever get a 9 kill game if you are going to end them at 8 now. ?       ( I do have some 8 kill games on record so it is possible)

why do you want to ruin thing for people when 15 seconds more would have ended the game with all the reds dead.

every time you  end the game early just before someone finishes off the ship he is shooting at (when he has it down to just one more hit) You are making people mad, and mad people don't spend money.

is there someone over at wg whose job it is to make the players mad at WG? someone whose job is to introduce something aggravating with each update.,?seems like it! 

fix the game ending algorithm or remove it (better yet)

I play Rands, clan battles , ranked for competing against others, I play coops to relax, have fun and compete against my self, or do some missions better done in coops.  

if you continue to cheat me out of xp causing me to waste flags and camo, cause the game ends 5sec before I finish a kill or cap, you take away much of the reason I play coops and I will cut back my game time not use it to play other mods instead. thus less money to WG .

I am not the only one to complain about this, what part of happy people play more don't you understand.

I was really looking forward to 9x9 and you have ruined it for me with this ending early garbage.

perhaps someone has the idea coop players don't spend money on this game, not true, budget $300 a month year after year on this and 80% spent in coops.

Relax. Co-op battles are over quick. Just queue up another one.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,706 posts
18,582 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

. Co-op battles are over quick

Not anymore my friend...

You can expect over 10 min battles with the new format which is IMO not a good thing...

• Confused 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

Each team only starts with 300 points.  It still takes the same number of enemy ship kills to zero out the enemy. You could have 15 ships on the enemy team, and if no one from the friendly team dies to give the enemy points, you will zero out the enemy with only a few enemy kills. 

I do agree, the co-op mercy rule needs to be changed.  Perhaps the mercy rule should only apply after 12 min.  That should give most teams enough time to kill all the enemy without zeroing them out.  The 12 min rule would kick in if the enemy didn't score enough kills to keep the game going (score above 0), so you don't have to chase a lonely CV clear across the map for 4 minutes to finish the game.  

• Cool 3

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,002 battles
31 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

How can I ever get a 9 kill game if you are going to end them at 8 now. ?

you really believe that a player should be able to kill the entire enemy team? What do you expect the other 8 live people to be doing while you get to be God against stupid bots that sit still. what an absurd statement. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,598 battles

Honestly, I'd rather have to chase that lonely CV across the map every now and then, rather than have to endure the very common scenario of my shells/torps just about to hit/sink that ship I spent so much effort trying to get... only to have the game end b4 they strike. That is incredibly annoying/infuriating. And yes, I know I can just queue up for another game, but that does nothing to alleviate the soul-killing rage that scenario evokes in me.

• Cool 3

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles

just played some more, all ended at 8 reds killed , wha'ts the point in going to 9?

makes me wonder, what's the point of playing at all

and WG is cheating me of xp !! wasted flags, camo money time etc.

every time a game ends early just before my killing shot, 5 sec before capping finished, or just before completing mission.

or Causing you to lose a "won" Naval Battle star

that's cheating me out of time and money. This mercy stuff is new to the game (just a few update back) and a bad Idea. 

and cranked way to far up.

It's like playing 7 card stud and the Dealer decides to quit at the 6th card which makes you loser.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

you really believe that a player should be able to kill the entire enemy team? What do you expect the other 8 live people to be doing while you get to be God against stupid bots that sit still. what an absurd statement. 

I try to get on at 5am when am only human on team and I have killed all 8 before and was going to get up early to try for 9, but if they will all end now at 8 cant be done,  of course it cant be done when team is full of real people, at least I hope not.

11 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Each team only starts with 300 points.  It still takes the same number of enemy ship kills to zero out the enemy. You could have 15 ships on the enemy team, and if no one from the friendly team dies to give the enemy points, you will zero out the enemy with only a few enemy kills. 

I do agree, the co-op mercy rule needs to be changed.  Perhaps the mercy rule should only apply after 12 min.  That should give most teams enough time to kill all the enemy without zeroing them out.  The 12 min rule would kick in if the enemy didn't score enough kills to keep the game going (score above 0), so you don't have to chase a lonely CV clear across the map for 4 minutes to finish the game.  

now there is an idea that has merit, games can't end early before a min. time has expired.

thanks for thinking and not just bashing like some who get their kicks that way

• Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
2 minutes ago, MEANN said:

If you play at the right time, the chances are high to have well under 8 live players to work with. Those are the best co-op matches one can see if you are in a ship that can carry, as it's not rare to see full bot teams at these times, and the mercy rule kicking in is downright rare.

That said, I don't see what's fun about co-op at prime time. It's just too quick and too easy no matter the tier you play at to have a chance to really learn much, let alone achieve much.

7 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

It's like playing 7 card stud and the Dealer decides to quit at the 6th card which makes you loser.

Not really, as you do technically win, it just doesn't feel like it. It's more like the dealer stops playing at the 6th card and tells you that you win anyways. No matter if you win, now it's a bit of a hollow victory.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

I'll reserve judgment until I've played a few days' worth of battles.

But one of the things the co-op regulars have been worrying about with this change is that it would just increase the number of battles that end with reds still afloat.  The "mercy rule" needs to be tweaked for Co-op, I'd suggest reducing the number of points a team loses for losing a ship by 10 each, so that it rarely if ever kicks in.

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,002 battles
5 minutes ago, landcollector said:

"Sitting still"?  We are talking about Co-Op and not Randoms, right? :cap_hmm: 

so op is a joke, it is not hard, has no skill requirement

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[SVF]
Members
1,727 posts
2,254 battles
2 minutes ago, MEANN said:

so op is a joke, it is not hard, has no skill requirement

Are you saying that Randoms have any skill requirements either?  I question that assertion.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[EQRN]
Members
2,034 posts
17,519 battles

Bumping up the team count doesn’t address the over-too-quickly complaints.  It possibly helps “kill x ship” directives, but not by much.  Co op is already too easy for those.

Co op running too long is due to the advent of reworked bot CVs where the team focuses on the threats on hand, then gets to waste the next few minutes of their lives “racing” to the back of the enemy spawn to blap the bot CV.  Extra lovely when the surviving teams members are Colorado’s.  

The friendly bot CV is quasi useful in pointing people where to go, I guess, but how about a line of code to CV AI that says, when team count = 1, charge the enemy team and get this match over with.

Or the opposite happens and the team goes CV-stupid and all chase down the CV, cuz bot CVs are so deadly - and then we get to “race” back to our own spawn where bots are like “don’t humans know how this game works?”

:cap_old: 

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,104 posts
8,332 battles

Heh, if enough people complain, you know what will happen.

The AI will get tweaked so that they kill players more often, thus solving the problem.....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[IRNBN]
Members
3,397 posts
9,822 battles

Played a dozen or so Co-op matches this morning. Tiers 5-10. Nothing radically different, nothing to get your skivvies in a bunch over, no reason to rant and rave on forums.

Get a grip, OP.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles

It depends on what you're looking for out of co-op.

For the next five days, I want kills, ribbons, damage, wins, and hits from secondary guns and aircraft weapons. Having an extra target to shoot at could make a difference.

• Cool 3