You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Italian Event Phase 2: Directives and Strategies, Start and End Dates..

89 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles

Text thanks to @Kizarvexis, whose post on this matter has better coverage on the event and its earnable bonuses as a whole.

Here I discuss how to complete the directives in what I consider to be the most efficient manner.

All require Tier 5+ ships, and particular mode eligibility is listed. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION VERY CAREFULLY.

image.thumb.png.6eabca3b765efb81c4912c60b6a2e9f2.png

Note that completing a directive means finishing six of the available ten missions in that week (5 days for the first one), to enable you to move on to the next one as soon as it opens. The remaining missions in any directive are worked on in the background while you tackle the next one, an important consideration when earning tokens towards a goal.

Directive I    Started Wed, Nov 13th. 5 days to complete before the next directive opens. 26 days to complete every task.
Complete 6 of the 10 missions. Reward 1 Resolute and Rapid container and 80 Mediterranean Tokens

If You Want Peace, Prepare for War
Get 800 ribbons
T5+ ships in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Fire!
Cause 400,000 HP of damage to ships
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Hard-Hitting
Win 5 battles. T5+ ships in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Combat Proficiency
Earn 18,000 base XP
T5+ ships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twilight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Aircraft Carrier Master: Economics
Earn 1,500,000 credits
T6+ carriers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, and/or Scenario Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Battleship Master: Economics
Earn 1,500,000 credits
T5+ battleships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twilight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Destroyer Master: Economics
Earn 1,500,000 credits
T5+ destroyers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twilight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Cruiser Master: Economics
Earn 1,500,000 credits
T5+ cruisers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twilight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Master of Secondary Armament
Hit enemy ships 450 times with secondary battery
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Takeoff Time, Commander!
Get 80 "Bomb hits", "Torpedo hits", and/or "Rocket hits" ribbons
T6+ carriers in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

STRATEGY: Win your battles and farm your ribbons & secondary hits in co-op. Don't do randoms until you've got the "win battles" condition off the table. It's not possible to do this directive in a single ship unless it has a significant secondary armament and/or you're prepared to YOLO in light cruisers. However, it can be completed without using aircraft carriers, even if it means you don't get all the tokens. Bear in mind that the Twilight event offers a cruiser, a destroyer and a battleship that are eligible for the Economic grinds, and make these very easy to achieve because the credits you must earn are your GROSS earnings, not the final take-home. Parcel up those impressive-sounding numbers (1.5 million credits for example) and divide by five, then pace yourself. Take the six easiest missions for you, then (if you have a broad enough range of ships) farm the rest of the cash grinds over the ensuing three and a half weeks. You'll find they more or less finish themselves.

Directive II    Starts Mon, Nov 18th. 7 days to complete before the next directive opens. 21 days to complete every task.
Complete 6 of the 10 missions. Reward 1 Resolute and Rapid container and 100 (Med) Tokens

In Earnest!
Hit enemy ships 800 times with main battery
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Just Dodge!
Receive 3,500,000 HP of potential damage
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Annihilation
Destroy 10 ships
Reward 8 Med Tokens

The Spoils
Earn 3,000,000 credits
T5+ ships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Aircraft Carrier Master: Base XP
Earn 12,000 base XP
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Battleship Master: Base XP
Earn 12,000 base XP
T5+ battleships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Destroyer Master: Base XP
Earn 12,000 base XP
T5+ destroyers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Cruiser Master: Base XP
Earn 12,000 base XP
T5+ cruisers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Delivering Coordinates!
Help your team cause 65,000 HP of damage upon your spotting
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Destroy the Aircraft!
Shoot down 30 aircraft
Reward 8 Med Tokens

STRATEGY: Main battery hits are easy to farm if you have cruisers or destroyers, somewhat more difficult for battleships (though 800/7 is only 115 a night rounding up, by no means impossible). It is possible to do this directive in a single ship. 3 million credits is 428,572 per night, which is not a terrible ask.  12,000 base XP is 1715/night over the week, in other words playing one ship type exclusively to the end of the first Daily Chain. Obviously, destroyers, fast cruisers and carriers are more likely to spot damage for the team, but it's not impossible in a battleship. Concentrate on one of the base XP tasks, and let the rest finish in the background (according to ship availability) as you progress through directives 3 and 4. It's good that they moved the base XP grinds to an earlier directive this time around; it makes getting all those missions done a MUCH less stressful and time-pressure-intensive task.  The Twilight event is still running for the entirety of this directive, and offers at least one battleship, cruiser and destroyer for your use if you don't have one or more of these ship types. 

Directive III    Starts Mon, Nov 25th. 7 days to complete before the next directive opens. 14 days to complete every task.
Complete 6 of the 10 missions. Reward 2 Resolute and Rapid containers and 100 (Med) Tokens

Conquer and Rule
Get 20 "Defended", "Captured", and/or "Assisted in capture" ribbons
Reward 8 Med Tokens

These Aren't the Modules You're Looking For
Damage 40 ship modules (AA counts)
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Scout
Get 25 "Spotted" ribbons
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Never Too Much Experience
Earn 50,000 XP
T5+ ships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twilight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Aircraft Carrier Master: Fierce Commander
Earn 50,000 Commander XP
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Battleship Master: Fierce Commander
Earn 50,000 Commander XP
T5+ battleships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Destroyer Master: Fierce Commander
Earn 50,000 Commander XP
T5+ destroyers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Cruiser Master: Fierce Commander
Earn 50,000 Commander XP
T5+ cruisers in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, Twlight, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Ammunition Depletion
Cause 1,000,000 HP of damage to ships
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Destroy Thy Enemy
Destroy 15 ships
Reward 8 Med Tokens

STRATEGY: Ship kills and cap-related ribbons are best farmed in co-op. You will arguably pick up the module smashes and the damage in the process of doing both. Spotting ribbons are best done with an aircraft carrier if you have one, but destroyers and fast cruisers can also fulfil this role well. Remember that it's "spotting ribbons", not "be first to spot", so the carrier can't completely spoil it for the DDs. Commander XP is always at least equal to ship XP, so if you concentrate on one ship type for four nights and play to the second daily crate, that will fulfill that task AND clear out the 50,000 ship XP task as well. Let the rest finish in the background as you tackle directive 4. The Twilight mode is available FOR THE FIRST TWO DAYS OF THIS DIRECTIVE ONLY, and offers at least one battleship, cruiser and destroyer if you want to grind hard and use them to farm Commander XP in ship types you might not have. 

Directive IV    Starts Mon, Dec 2nd. 7 days to complete. 
Complete 6 of the 10 missions. Reward 2 Resolute and Rapid containers and 100 (Med) Tokens

Officer Courses
Earn 80,000 Commander XP
T5+ ships in Random, Co-op, Ranked, Scenario, and/or Clan Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Strengthening the Basics
Earn 20,000 base XP
Reward 8 Med Tokens

There Can Be Only One Winner
Win 10 battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Creditmania
Earn 3,500,000 credits
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Aircraft Carrier Master: Damage
Cause 500,000 HP of damage to ships
T6+ carriers in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Battleship Master: Damage
Cause 500,000 HP of damage to ships
T5+ battleships in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Destroyer Master: Damage
T5+ destroyers in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Cruiser Master: Damage
T5+ cruisers in Random, Co-op, and/or Ranked Battles
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Carnival of Venice
Get 1,800 ribbons
Reward 8 Med Tokens

Best of the Best
In 10 battles, join the top 5 in your team by base XP received
Reward 8 Med Tokens

STRATEGY: This is the home stretch. Winning battles should be done in co-op and gotten out of the way first. Even with nine ships now in co-op, coming fifth or higher should not be hard unless you absolutely faceplant every time, and it shouldn't be impossible to finish the "win 10" and "finish top 5" tasks together. The credit mission is 500,000 credits a night (before battle costs are deducted, let me remind you). 80,000 commander XP is 11428/night, or playing to the second daily container every night. 20,000 base XP is 2858 a night, but this is spread across ALL ship types. Three good random games a night can do this for you. Causing 500,000 damage in one night is NOT hard if you play well or consistently, and it might even pay to use one ship type every night (as many as you have) and clear those missions one at a time. The Twilight mode is not available in this directive.

REMEMBER THE GENERAL RULES:

1) Finish the minimum number of tasks as quickly as you can, so you can move on to the next directive's tasks ASAP.

2) Credit earning tasks are ALWAYS based on the number of credits you win BEFORE battle costs are deducted, the best case scenario, and credits farmed in Daily Chain missions count towards these totals.

3) Ship XP bonuses are given in Daily Chains on dates ending in 4 and 9; use them well. Credit bonuses for daily chains, providing up to 300,000 credits overall, are available on dates ending in 8 (i.e. 8, 18, 28 November and December).

4) Unfinished tasks from earlier directives you've finished continue to be worked on in the background; use this to complete the more onerous missions you decided to bypass.

5) If you didn't have enough ships at Tier 5 or above to do well this time around, treat it as a learning experience. Expand your fleet. Yes, that includes carriers; they are handy tools to have around. That doesn't necessarily mean "buy premium ships".

6) Pay attention to modes. If you have T6 ships or better, the Operations can be a great place to farm XP. Use Twilight mode while it's still available (until early morning Pacific Time 27 November) for cash and XP grabs. Just remember that things like damage, ship kills and placings don't count in these modes because they make it too easy, so you might want to clear those tasks first in randoms or co-ops before devoting yourself wholeheartedly to special modes.

7) IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF ALL THREE SURFACE SHIP TYPES (Cruiser, Destroyer, Battleship) AT T5 OR ABOVE, USE THE TWILIGHT MODE TO HELP COMPLETE CASH, BASE AND COMMANDER XP DIRECTIVES WHILE IT REMAINS AVAILABLE. THIS MODE OFFERS AT LEAST ONE OF ALL THREE TYPES, BUT CEASES TO FUNCTION AFTER THE EVENING OF NOVEMBER 26th. However, you MUST have at least one T5+ ship of your own to do the remaining missions and complete the directives.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 10

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,712 posts

To me, this appears completeable with only a bit more than it takes to finish the two daily chains each day, all in Co-op, with days to spare on some Directives.

Would be nice if the normal Ops rotation were running during this series of Directives, but it's not a make-or-break thing.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
13 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Would be nice if the normal Ops rotation were running during this series of Directives

Are you sure it's not?

Twilight battles is still running until Nov 27, but someone else made a post this morning that normal ops are back in place of Transylvania/Sunray. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,050 posts
16,750 battles

Nice work and thanks for putting it together.

Another thing to note is to use Dragon flags and expendable camo with the appropriate rewards if you have them.  This will significantly reduce the time to complete XP, FXP and EXP tasks.

I don't know what Operations are back in rotation after the Halloween event, but getting enhanced XP, FXP and EXP is very rewarding in Operations as opposed to Co-Op and Randoms.  Wins are also more reliable than Randoms (well, most of the time).  Stack your Dragon flags and camo in Operations and a few of these tasks can be knocked out in as little as 2 or 3 battles.

Edit: looks like you covered the Operations

Edited by ClassicLib

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,712 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you sure it's not?

Twilight battles is still running until Nov 27, but someone else made a post this morning that normal ops are back in place of Transylvania/Sunray. 

I haven't been on since the patch dropped.  I had thought that the normal rotation would be gone until the Holloweird "stuff" was over with.

If normal rotation is back, that's great. 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I haven't been on since the patch dropped.  I had thought that the normal rotation would be gone until the Holloweird "stuff" was over with.

OPs and Twilight battle are two separate modes.

Members
3,085 posts
6,617 battles
13 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Good news: Normal rotation is back.

Bad news: It's Newport this week.

Good news: Directive 1 is probably the easiest to grind without a lucrative operation.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
1 hour ago, ClassicLib said:

Another thing to note is to use Dragon flags and expendable camo with the appropriate rewards if you have them.  This will significantly reduce the time to complete XP, FXP and EXP tasks.

I deliberately left those out because newer players who've just clawed their way to a small selection of Tier 5 ships might not have enough to be of any use. It's the same reason I haven't been specific about the sorts of ships one should use, as it's no good telling someone who's barely unlocked the Kirov (for example) that a Chapayev or Donskoi can clear such and such a task in a single random battle. 

For my part, I'll be using the heavy hitters very little if at all. I have twelve ships at Tier 7 (nominally, including two T6 carriers) that I want to try to grind up to T8 before Snowflakes end in January, and I'm making it a point to use them and them only unless there's something that I ABSOLUTELY need a different ship for. I'll be spamming the Ark Royal a bit to clear her bonus missions, but apart from that I'll mostly be staying away from my premiums and other ships because they won't advance those grinds.

It's by no means an absolute-beginner level of choice for sure, but it's a fair reflection on where I was about a year ago and it's probably easier for a beginner to identify with that than with the broad range of premium and tech-tree ships at all tiers to 10 that I've manage to assemble in the past 12 months.

Members
429 posts
13,008 battles

Farm ribbon in coop is bad idea, is to short and only 7 opponent, i will farm less than normal battle.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
6 minutes ago, tugdual said:

Farm ribbon in coop is bad idea, is to short and only 7 opponent

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Co-op has had 8 opponents for some time now, and as of today it rose to 9.

I have completed directives of this type entirely in co-op. It allows for a more reckless style of play that makes harvesting ribbons easy. I know what I'm doing.

Combine ribbons with farming wins and you will see that I am right.

[INTEL]
Members
3,050 posts
16,750 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Co-op has had 8 opponents for some time now, and as of today it rose to 9.

I have completed directives of this type entirely in co-op. It allows for a more reckless style of play that makes harvesting ribbons easy. I know what I'm doing.

In a fast-firing DD or cruiser in Co-Op I get 200 ribbons or more per battle.  I can complete 2 - 4 Co-Op battles in the same time as a Random.

Smolensk and Colbert are hilarious fun too (if you have them of course).

Edit: And I deliberately shoot AP at armor so that I get a lot of shatters with minimal damage.  I'm farming ribbons, not damage. 

Edited by ClassicLib

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
22 minutes ago, tugdual said:

Farm ribbon in coop is bad idea, is to short and only 7 opponent, i will farm less than normal battle.

15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

In a fast-firing DD or cruiser in Co-Op I get 200 ribbons or more per battle.  I can complete 2 - 4 Co-Op battles in the same time as a Random.

Smolensk and Colbert are hilarious fun too (if you have them of course).

These^^^^

Bots like to knife fight, so a secondary BB can really rack up the secondary hits ribbons. You can use the high ROF ships on bots when they are focused on someone else with little to no retaliation.

Members
3,085 posts
6,617 battles
25 minutes ago, tugdual said:

I think it's best to farm in co-op while you need wins, because co-op is the fastest way to get wins. There are fewer farming opportunities in co-op but greater chance of surviving to do your farming the whole match, and the matches typically only take 60% or less of the amount of time you are in a random.

When I need wins and ribbons, I take a light cruiser into co-op and just farm main battery hits. That's why Smolensk is a thing. This way you can farm ribbons, wins, damage, and damage ribbon (Fire, Citadel, Torp Hit, Flood) directives fast all at the same time.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
18 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Ribbons are easy.

I thought it was Earth girls who were easy, but there you go; you learn something new every day. :Smile_teethhappy:

I knocked over everything except the cash grinds and the Base XP last night. I'm starting to display the special talent that tells me when my Random team is going to lose five minutes into the battle, and no, it's not Matchmaking Monitor. :Smile_trollface:

It literally drove me to drink. I finished the evening with a beer I didn't have on the table at the start. :Smile-angry:

On the other hand, my Gadjah Mada is just 30K XP from a Hsienyang (and I picked up an Arsonist into the bargain), and my Gneisenau is about 25% done. Oddly enough, of all my unfinished T7 cruisers, the one I have closest to finishing is my most recent acquisition, my early-unlock Zara; the XP cost from the B hull to the Amalfi is quite low, and I'm 20% done on that one, having already power-ground the first 15K to get her tokens at the end of last patch. Shchors, on the other hand... I'm something like 10K into that one, starting from scratch. Fortunately she feels pretty good even stock, because I'm going to be so close to the bone for buying the T8 successors to all these things that I'm not even going to buy B modules or upgrade slots until the T8's are in my port and the snowflakes are off.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
19 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

He'll figure it out .......  And, thanks for the over view.  Directive one is finished all in COOP and presented no real issues.  I am still curious that this second Italian go-around has no "major prize" at the end?   That makes the entire event less important.  Although, free flags and stuff are nice, having a solid and valuable "objective" is a real reason to "play this game...."  This feels like Las Vegas when you insert "tokens" and pull the handle for rewards..........yuk; Slimy......   And, the 9x9 now leaves three ships at the end instead of two because of the mercy rule.........

Having all of those Random knuckleheads in COOP is a real pain though....  I'm seriously not fond of their "get out of the way", negative comments and negative karma antics.  I've had to forward several replays to our host and report quite a few because of negativity, hostility and bad sportsmanship.....  I wish they'd stay in Randoms and not ruin COOP for those of us whom play there "just to stay in the game"......

Good work and thanks for the outline....

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,712 posts
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

He'll figure it out .......  And, thanks for the over view.  Directive one is finished all in COOP and presented no real issues.  I am still curious that this second Italian go-around has no "major prize" at the end?   That makes the entire event less important.  Although, free flags and stuff are nice, having a solid and valuable "objective" is a real reason to "play this game...."  This feels like Las Vegas when you insert "tokens" and pull the handle for rewards..........yuk; Slimy......   And, the 9x9 now leaves three ships at the end instead of two because of the mercy rule.........

Having all of those Random knuckleheads in COOP is a real pain though....  I'm seriously not fond of their "get out of the way", negative comments and negative karma antics.  I've had to forward several replays to our host and report quite a few because of negativity, hostility and bad sportsmanship.....  I wish they'd stay in Randoms and not ruin COOP for those of us whom play there "just to stay in the game"......

I think the "major prize" is supposed to be the Italian commander.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

He'll figure it out .......  And, thanks for the over view.  Directive one is finished all in COOP and presented no real issues.  I am still curious that this second Italian go-around has no "major prize" at the end?   That makes the entire event less important. 

Well the unique captain is what you earn.

5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Second that.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
7 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I am still curious that this second Italian go-around has no "major prize" at the end?   That makes the entire event less important. 

That IS the case, and if you're prepared to wait until next year and blow coal on armory crates to get him that way, it's an opportunity to take a break if you want.

But in my opinion, this is one of the easiest directive sets I've seen since I started paying real attention to mission structures. I'm not holding my breath, because I expect 0.8.11 to be a shocker given the prize that's up for grabs (a free (?) T10 supercruiser), but the changes they've made to directives since the horrors we had mid-year are starting to feel like they read my critiques on those events and acted on them. Everything I said sucked about those events has been more-or-less rectified. I don't want to be TOO quick to take credit for that, but I do wonder.

What I wait to see with interest is whether 0.8.11 is horrifying in every extent, or whether it is merely exhaustingly LONG but with fairly easily manageable components (like the Cossack grind was last year). 

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
3,050 posts
16,750 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What I wait to see with interest is whether 0.8.11 is horrifying in every extent, or whether it is merely exhaustingly LONG but with fairly easily manageable components (like the Cossack grind was last year). 

I think it will be the latter, with some encouragement to buy crates to complete it if you aren't diligent or just want to skip the grind.

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
788 posts
11,936 battles

I work shifts, so I was off this morning and easily got to 5 of 6 for the first one using a Massachusetts with a secondary spec.  Of course in Co-Op so I could get in as many games as I could before work. I'll finish the 6th tomorrow

Members
3,085 posts
6,617 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1 hour ago, ClassicLib said:

I think it will be the latter, with some encouragement to buy crates to complete it if you aren't diligent or just want to skip the grind.

I'm less sanguine about this because they said that the build will take a long time and happen in real time, but you will be able to accelerate it with doubloons and shipbuilding tokens. I am thinking the most likely result is you'll need every single (or close to it) freely available shipbuilding token to finish the grind by the end of the update.

I'm neutral on that, I mean, a Tier X ship should be hard to earn for free. It will be a little different thought, because if whatever you buy for shipbuilding tokens or doubloons accelerates the construction rate for Puerto Rico, then obviously purchases made early on will have more value than those made late in the update, since rate increases purchased early will have shorten your grind by more than those purchased late. This will skew value toward doubloon purchases, which can probably be made up front, whereas obviously you will need to earn shipbuilding tokens during the update.

With the current token system for most events, it's most cost-efficient to play as much as you can and then decide whether it's worth paying cash to make up for any tokens you weren't able to earn. Here you'll be rewarded for guessing accurately ahead of time rather than deciding to make up the shortfall at the last minute.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
1 minute ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm neutral on that, I mean, a Tier X ship should be hard to earn for free. It will be a little different thought, because if whatever you buy for shipbuilding tokens or doubloons accelerates the construction rate for Puerto Rico, then obviously purchases made early on will have more value than those made late in the update, since rate increases purchased early will have shorten your grind by more than those purchased late. 

Careful. The way Russian translates into English (at least in official announcements here) means that misunderstandings are easy. They could easily mean construction PROGRESS, and I have a funny idea that that's what they do in fact mean.

I know where you're coming from, but I'd wait until all the details are out and read things VERY carefully before I made any firm decision in that regard. The PTS may also give us something of an idea, with some other ship standing in for the PR the way Shinonome did for the PEF last year.

Members
3,085 posts
6,617 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Careful. The way Russian translates into English (at least in official announcements here) means that misunderstandings are easy. They could easily mean construction PROGRESS, and I have a funny idea that that's what they do in fact mean.

I know where you're coming from, but I'd wait until all the details are out and read things VERY carefully before I made any firm decision in that regard. The PTS may also give us something of an idea, with some other ship standing in for the PR the way Shinonome did for the PEF last year.

That's totally valid, and if nothing else, Wargaming has taught me to read everything carefully and also wait to make purchases, praise, or complaints until the changes actually arrive, because Google Translate is not always their friend, or ours.