You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Hoodwink

Her Majesty the Queen

13 comments in this topic

Members
197 posts
1,338 battles

The tier VI RN BB HMS Queen Elizabeth - my favourite ship in my fleet that isn’t Emile Bertin. (Tier VI is as high as I’ve gotten thus far.)

B91D06DA-EC17-45A2-A41B-F138DEB60544.thumb.jpeg.963a20b1ba7e07e327e70605e5a52bcb.jpeg

Thus far I’ve been unable to find an in-depth review of this ship on this site, and I fear my relative noobishness makes me under qualified to do one myself. Having said that I will say that from my own experience her main battery guns are real spankers, her AA is genuinely scary, she hates torpedoes and her turret traverse time is measured in weeks.

Is there a review that I’m missing? What are other people’s experience/opinions of her? Given that she is Warspite’s sister ship, how is she similar/different?

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles

Look up Mouse’s Warspite review.

Warspite got a turret traverse upgrade since the original of that review, that the QE didn’t get, and I think the QE has better AA.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
4 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I think the QE has better AA.

QE's AA is murderous against T6 planes because her secondaries are all 4.5-inch dual-purpose. Warspite's secondary battery is six-inch and optimised for surface gunfire. QE might be somewhat more sluggish. 

I haven't sailed my QE in a while, but I can't bear to get rid of her for some reason.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I haven't sailed my QE in a while, but I can't bear to get rid of her for some reason.

Same here, but no mystery about the reason: She’s good.

Back when the DoY event was going on, earning the QE (when you could earn the T6 ships after getting the event ship) was the endgame plan for me, because she was the gateway to the KGV.

It became a keeper along the way.

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,285 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

feel the same about my Wyoming. never got rid of her.

Between the two, I find Warspite to be the superior ship. She seems to have better luck with her AP shells doing damage. The fact I also have deleted a few ships from long range (using spotter) doesn't hurt either.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,723 battles

Congratulations. 

I sold my Warspite because I couldn't handle the slow ship.

I have to many T6 premium ships to keep the slow battleships.

Her guns at that tier are very strong.  

When you hit someone, they know it.

[TSIOF]
Beta Testers
48 posts
5,717 battles

Seriously, if you like the QE, ghet the Old Lady (Warspite). Warspite got me through the Beta. Her guns used to be legendary accurate... Until Russian bias took foot and overshadowed her. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
46 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

feel the same about my Wyoming. never got rid of her.

Between the two, I find Warspite to be the superior ship. She seems to have better luck with her AP shells doing damage. The fact I also have deleted a few ships from long range (using spotter) doesn't hurt either.

The Warspite has more consistent guns.  And I've loved her since she was first available.  And she will delete ships up close, I've had secondary duels at 4-5km range with Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, and  insta-deleted them both from about 80% health because 5/8 and 6/8 main battery shots hit.  Fabulous guns on her.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts

33 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:
bloody hell WG please give her turrets some WD40!:Smile-angry:

WD-40 actually sucks as a lubricant. They would be using a good grease.

To the OP:

Edited by Snargfargle

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,897 posts
17,945 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Hoodwink said:

What are other people’s experience/opinions of her? Given that she is Warspite’s sister ship, how is she similar/different?

I have 684 games with her.  She is one of my most played ships.  I had Warspite originally, but once QE came out, I just couldn't resist her AA build.  She still has good AA these days, but under the old CV system her AA was murderous to any CV...even the T8s.  In those days, MFAA doubled the AA punch.

I still run her AA spec'd, as I still enjoy what she brings in that area; of course, MFAA is no longer a beneficial choice due to the mechanics change.

Just eight guns, but they're 15 inchers, which is a good punch at T6.  And good range with the spotter.  Many a red cruiser has felt the punishing punch from her long range touch in the early moments of the game. 

Even when I'm bottom tier'd and there are T8 monsters on the prowl, I don't feel small.  I don't care what your tier...underestimate my QE...give me a solid shot...and I'm going to deliver some hurt.   

Overall, a joy to play.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
2,741 battles

Guns seem super-floaty and limited to close ranges unless your target fails to manuever. They do well in close range engagements, but this is hampered by the ship having glacially slow turret traverse and a pinata's armor scheme. I was very happy to send mine to the breakers.

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,786 battles

Ah the good old QE! I really enjoyed the British BB line up until the KGV (in all honesty, I have not invested too much time in her). As long as you can deal with the painful turret traverse, she will pay you in dividends.