You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IgorMortice

Question on Experience

8 comments in this topic

[S_C_K]
[S_C_K]
Members
2 posts
2,682 battles

When you are using your non top tier ship in a navy, or a premium ship, does the experience feed up the chain to the next ship you are trying to unlock?  For Example:  If I need experience on my Iowa, and I play my North Carolina, which is maxed, does the experience go anywhere without have to convert it to free experience?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
Just now, IgorMortice said:

When you are using your non top tier ship in a navy, or a premium ship, does the experience feed up the chain to the next ship you are trying to unlock?  For Example:  If I need experience on my Iowa, and I play my North Carolina, which is maxed, does the experience go anywhere without have to convert it to free experience?

No, sadly. Ship XP on any ship can only feed into researching the ship above it (or ships, if it's at the branch-point of a line split - e.g. Omaha, many Tier 2 cruisers). 

It does, however, contribute its share to CAPTAIN experience - and that can be important to making your captain (and the ship they are on) more potent. Captain experience is never less than ship experience, and as you are in a clan, you're probably getting clan bonuses that mean it's ALWAYS higher.

Members
1,434 posts
17,129 battles
3 minutes ago, IgorMortice said:

No, in your example any ship XP would stay with the NC until you convert it to FXP which can then be used on the next tech tree ship you are grinding towards.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

No, in your example any ship XP would stay with the NC until you convert it to FXP which can then be used on the next tech tree ship you are grinding towards.

Tip:  Never, ever do this....unless your name is Trump or Kennedy or something.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,790 posts
4,631 battles
1 hour ago, IgorMortice said:

Here.  Have some light reading:  Ship Experience.

Members
1,434 posts
17,129 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Tip:  Never, ever do this....unless your name is Trump or Kennedy or something.

Well it isn't a cost effective way of doing things that's for sure...but... how much is peace of mind worth. When confronted with a pay wall ship such as the Izumo more than a few of us FXP past it rather than suffer through the seemingly endless grind.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Well it isn't a cost effective way of doing things that's for sure...but... how much is peace of mind worth. When confronted with a pay wall ship such as the Izumo more than a few of us FXP past it rather than suffer through the seemingly endless grind.

FXP past..sure.   paying a doubloon for 35fxp to do so is nuts in almost every scenario.