Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

May RNG be ever in your favor. Sansonetti and Venezia achieved.

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles

7CFtynj.jpg

 

The RNG gods were with me on this day. :Smile-_tongue:

Please be smart and grind.

 

Quote

[–]Vessery   WG 14 points 5 hours ago 

Rewards for the event were set taking the probability of duplicates into consideration. Note that duplicates of the Resolute and Rapid collection are exchanged on the 4 to 1 ration instead of more familiar 5 to 1.

The probability of completing the collection is based on the numbers of containers you get:

  • 25 containers - 60,88%
  • 28 containers - 94%
  • 30 containers - 96,77%
  • 37 containers - 99.999991%

So, if you get all the possible containers, including those you get for tokens, you will get the full collection almost guaranteed. 

 

 

Edited by Sparviero
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,199
[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
6 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

7CFtynj.jpg

 

The RNG gods were with me on this day. :Smile-_tongue:

Please be smart and grind.

 

 

 

Congrats.

I got Brindisi and Venezia as well and I also finished the Collection for Sansonetti. I got a 22 pak of crates and got the EXACT number of pieces needed. 14 + 8 duplicates. At the 4/1 exchange rate the 8 duplicates gave me the 2 needed to finish the 16 for the collection. Also got a lot of good stuff in the crates as well.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles

Hah just replied in your thread. The same. Before paying money I think all should read the odds and decide for themselves of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,954
[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
11 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

The RNG gods were with me on this day. :Smile-_tongue:

Please be smart and grind.

No truer words were spoken.

By "Venezia achieved", I assume you FXP'd to her? There seems no other way to do it on the morning of release.

Naturally if you had early-unlocked the Amalfi, it was possible to have had the XP sufficient to get at least the Brindisi A hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No truer words were spoken.

By "Venezia achieved", I assume you FXP'd to her? There seems no other way to do it on the morning of release.

Naturally if you had early-unlocked the Amalfi, it was possible to have had the XP sufficient to get at least the Brindisi A hull.

Nah I had a million free xp waiting. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
334 posts
13,544 battles

So is Venice a hard counter to Smolensk? Any radar or hydro?

Edited by custer_14
Any radar or hydro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
13 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

So is Venice a hard counter to Smolensk? Any radar or hydro?

Not at all. No utility and unless you are well versed at using spotter plane and hitting things in smoke good luck. The sheer spread of a broadside means you might hurt them.

 


I was sad to see Lesta went the even lazier route and didn't give a proper recce aircraft. :Smile_hiding:

 

I was hoping this one might see the light of day after all. Originally planned recce aircraft for the Littorio class. I mean Lesta already went lazy with the mattress radar when there were more traditional choices for radars available. :Smile-_tongue:

Caproni_Ca.316.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,199
[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No truer words were spoken.

By "Venezia achieved", I assume you FXP'd to her? There seems no other way to do it on the morning of release.

Naturally if you had early-unlocked the Amalfi, it was possible to have had the XP sufficient to get at least the Brindisi A hull.

That was what I did. Had like 220K XP on Amalfi which let me get Brindisi. I then used FXP to upgrade Brindisi and then get Venezia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,199
[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
36 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

So is Venice a hard counter to Smolensk? Any radar or hydro?

Just moving smoke, DCP, heal, and spotter or fighter. 

I would not want to fight a Smolensk (with even a half way decent player behind it) in a Venezia. Super long reload for starters and the ship is ginormous with questionable armor! Smolensk can chew it up (as can most ships). Venezia is fast though and surprisingly maneuverable. Gun accuracy is ok so it could whomp a Smolensk and survive the encounter certainly. But a hard counter? Nope. Not even a soft one. Venezia doesn't feel bad like so many of the other new ITL Cruisers but not sure I would call it good either (yet - need more games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles

The torpedo tubes seem rather delicate. Spend 2 points to get the enhanced skill which lets you have 10.8km torps but now you have to chose between making the spotter a bit better or making modules more durable. Looks like I will drop the spotter module.


 

3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just moving smoke, DCP, heal, and spotter or fighter. 

I would not want to fight a Smolensk (with even a half way decent player behind it) in a Venezia. Super long reload for starters and the ship is ginormous with questionable armor! Smolensk can chew it up (as can most ships). Venezia is fast though and surprisingly maneuverable. Gun accuracy is ok so it could whomp a Smolensk and survive the encounter certainly. But a hard counter? Nope. Not even a soft one. Venezia doesn't feel bad like so many of the other new ITL Cruisers but not sure I would call it good either (yet - need more games).

Yeah the turning is ridiculous. It appears we are in an alternate timeline where Teseo Tesei survived and returned from the Malta raid with RN Hydroshield™ technology. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,199
[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
4 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

The torpedo tubes seem rather delicate. Spend 2 points to get the enhanced skill which lets you have 10.8km torps but now you have to chose between making the spotter a bit better or making modules more durable. Looks like I will drop the spotter module.


 

Yeah the turning is ridiculous. It appears we are in an alternate timeline where Teseo Tesei survived and returned from the Malta raid with RN Hydroshield™ technology. :cap_haloween:

It surprised me how good the rudder is for such a long ship. Sort of Vanguard like. AND I just realized I never did the slot upgrades for it or Brindisi. I have been playing without them so no SGM2. OY! :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

I haven't lost the tubes yet. I always take PM (bots never miss and always get fires, module damage, and big hits). I did take TA as well. 10.8km range is more than enough. +7 knots extra speed, for the loss of 2.7km range, is a no brainer in Co-op. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It surprised me how good the rudder is for such a long ship. Sort of Vanguard like. AND I just realized I never did the slot upgrades for it or Brindisi. I have been playing without them so no SGM2. OY! :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

I haven't lost the tubes yet. I always take PM (bots never miss and always get fires, module damage, and big hits). I did take TA as well. 10.8km range is more than enough. +7 knots extra speed, for the loss of 2.7km range, is a no brainer in Co-op. 

 

Oh yeah been doing the double steering upgrade. :Smile-_tongue:

 

I just noticed another silliness. Why lesta is the 90/50 having a 6.3km secondary range but a 4.6km aa bubble? :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,954
[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
1 minute ago, Sparviero said:

Oh yeah been doing the double steering upgrade. :Smile-_tongue:

 

I just noticed another silliness. Why lesta is the 90/50 having a 6.3km secondary range but a 4.6km aa bubble? :cap_fainting:

Because the AA has to reach UP as well as OUT, and that decreases the distance from the ship to which your guns can reach. A triangle with a hypotenuse of 9.3km and a floor of 4.6km corresponds to an elevation angle on the guns of about sixty degrees. Check the mount specifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because the AA has to reach UP as well as OUT, and that decreases the distance from the ship to which your guns can reach. A triangle with a hypotenuse of 9.3km and a floor of 4.6km corresponds to an elevation angle on the guns of about sixty degrees. Check the mount specifications.

Do you really think the 90/50 and follow on studies were limited to a ludicrously low 60°? :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,954
[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
16 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Do you really think the 90/50 and follow on studies were limited to a ludicrously low 60°? :cap_fainting:

No, I don't, but it's a reasonable working angle. If it were higher, your AA range might be even shorter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, I don't, but it's a reasonable working angle. If it were higher, your AA range might be even shorter!

You do realize the 90mm had a better range and fc than the French which gets a longer range in game? What you are trying to claim is a flaming pile of [edited]?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,031
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,379 posts
15,783 battles

Wow grats! Tonight I will play my first battle with the tier 1.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×