You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ray_P

Venezia seriously

58 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
692 posts
4,978 battles

had 2 or three of them in each battle so far,   they drill you and don't really take much damage.   The latest installment in rolling out new OP ships?

• Confused 1

Members
1,430 posts
17,106 battles
17 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Italian ships are OP threads have already started. Cool.

But they were beaten by several weeks with the Italian ships are trash threads.:Smile_teethhappy:

They can't be both... can they?

• Funny 3

[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
3 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

But they were beaten by several weeks with the Italian ships are trash threads.:Smile_teethhappy:

Ask Schrödinger?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[WOLFC]
Members
690 posts
25,461 battles

Weren't the ricochet angles of SAP buffed in this patch? Was that enough to take Italian cruisers from being under powered to over powered?

Or is it that the tier 8 to 10 ships soaked up all the ship goodness leaving none for tiers 5 to 7. I saw a number of comments before this patch dropped that the Amalfi was significantly better than the other ships that were available during early access.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles
7 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

Weren't the ricochet angles of SAP buffed in this patch? Was that enough to take Italian cruisers from being under powered to over powered?

Or is it that the tier 8 to 10 ships soaked up all the ship goodness leaving none for tiers 5 to 7. I saw a number of comments before this patch dropped that the Amalfi was significantly better than the other ships that were available during early access.

I'll take door B on that one. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
57 minutes ago, Ray_P said:

had 2 or three of them in each battle so far,   they drill you and don't really take much damage.   The latest installment in rolling out new OP ships?

Last week they sucked, according to this forum.

Could you folks pick one and stick to it?  In case you were wondering why people don't take you seriously, this is why.

Beta Testers
894 posts
3,449 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Could you folks pick one and stick to it?  In case you were wondering why people don't take you seriously, this is why.

No, the other ones sucked. 

Not the first time the line is essentially baiting you to free XP the top ship. WG has done some variant of that since original Izumo.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

Consider that most people who have a ton of fxp available are veteran players who can immediately get the TX. Also consider that most of these players are going to be above average.

Are you really surprised a new ship that was available a few hours ago seems strong? You can take any boat and give it to good players and it will seem strong.The Stalingrad outrage of a few years ago is exactly this situation. Take a boat and give it to the top 5% of players and it's going to look strong.

In a few weeks, people will start lamenting how OP the Venezia is because it has higher damage/winrates than boats that have been around for 3 years. Just wait.

[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Right now only hardcore players and potato fan boys are rolling out Venezia. So he's probably playing against il capo dei capi. :Smile_hiding:

[-BMV-]
Members
514 posts
18,754 battles
53 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

5253557-5589173159-brace.jpg.d89a1b293d67070d607d1e0e9cd30178.jpg

[SYN]
Members
15,858 posts
12,803 battles

during testing, the T9 and T10 were very good, according to the tester(s).

[KSC]
Supertester
2,263 posts
13,886 battles
1 hour ago, Ray_P said:

Don't really take much damage?

New OP ships?

1697654429_giphy(6).gif.de219e5fee7d9919038dcb5dfaa001ec.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
774 posts
12,235 battles

Italian ships have been a tough play.  It would have been a hard sell for the casual player.  The angle of impact for the SAP rounds has been buffed this update.  Perhaps it's made for a significant improvement.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,027 posts
13,273 battles
51 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Sure, that would make them TOP ships (Trash/OP Ships)!

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Mere hours after the update.

Members
3,081 posts
6,604 battles
29 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

No, the fuller statement would be that the early access ships sucked (as well as the Tier V Genova, a premium which was easily achieveable), and most people with some experience conceded that this was mostly Raimondo Montecuccoli and Trento that suck, and that the line improves with Zara and Amalfi. It would be par for the course for Wargaming to give us early access to a line that only starts to get good at the very top tier of the early access ships, which coincidentally also seem to be the ones least likely to drop from crates. That's what they did with the French destroyers, too. Everything up to Vauquelin was pretty well panned, Vauquelin was so-so, and Le Fantasque had fans, but Mogador and Kleber are well regarded.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 2

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,130 battles
1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

Ask Schrödinger?

Schrödinger's dry dock

A ship can be OP, UP and normal all at the same time. You wont know until you open the dry dock.

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

From everything I've seen they take plenty of damage if you hit them, but they have high alpha low ROF. There was a buff of I think 5 degrees ricochet angle which I don't think is enough to go from garbage to OP. Give it time to reach the average players, since that's what the game is balanced around.

• Cool 1

Members
85 posts
21 battles
47 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

Venezia never had the nerfed ricochet angles applied to her. Even now her angles are still better than the other Italian SAP ships.

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles

I find the strength of the line to be spreading damage around. If you're in a team battle and rotate shots at multiple ships you can really impact a fight. If you want to be the guy that spams the same ship, not so much. 

Members
1,373 posts

I am sorry if you cannot adjust slightly to play the new line of ships. I had zero issue with Genova or the others up to Tier 8.   I was the only one who I saw using the Smoke stack smoke.   Up to full speed and you are covered.

Nose in and getting spammed.  All you have to do is go full speed ahead, hit the smoke and nobody sees your getting away.

Yet again and again.....sunk.  The AP works fine BTW. 

Venezia  - I might get it. 

If these ships frustrate you learn about how and when to use the new smoke stack smoke. IMHO far bigger deal than SAP rounds. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,512 battles

tier 1-8 italian ships and possibly tier 9 sucks.  The tier 10 vene is good from Aerrons review on it on youtube.  The tier 10 vene is actually fun to play he said where the rest of em were not.