Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Cupcake

When did the...

17 comments in this topic

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles

Yes I know, clickbait title.

So to the subject at hand...

When did the Duke of York get the extra heal? Decided to play it, and first thing I noticed was I had 5 heals available.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles

Patch 0.8.6.  She also had her heal boosted from 0.5% per second for 28s up to 0.6% per second for 28s and the reset timer changed  from 120s to 90s.  This was to compensate for lifting her citadel up.

• Cool 2

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Patch 0.8.6.  She also had her heal boosted from 0.5% per second for 28s up to 0.6% per second for 28s and the reset timer changed  from 120s to 90s.  This was to compensate for lifting her citadel up.

how are you so wise and helpful all the time?

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
1 minute ago, Benched_ferlyfe said:

how are you so wise and helpful all the time?

I have a patent dislike for seeing people waste money for want of having all of the facts.  I'm in a position to help, so I help.

• Cool 12

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I have a patent dislike for seeing people waste money for want of having all of the facts.  I'm in a position to help, so I help.

Appreciate it.

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

thats incredibly kind of you, i wish their were more of you to go around

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles

Keep in mind that the citadel change is hella significant, not only raising her citadel up a deck but also abutting it against the exterior of the hull.

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
9 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

There's pretty much zero reason to play DoY over KGV.

Bringing her Repair Party up on par with King George V was a good move.  Now the differences between them are less pronounced with the most obvious differences being:

• King George V has better firepower with her (much) faster reload.
  • Duke of York provides better AA defense and Hydroacoustic Search.

If AA defense had more value, I'd call them about equal.  However, it doesn't, so King George V is still hands-down better.

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
9 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

There's pretty much zero reason to play DoY over KGV.

I can rotate a cpt thru it for first win bonus?

Hydro?

Historical reasons?

Improved AP?

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
15 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I can rotate a cpt thru it for first win bonus?

Hydro?

Historical reasons?

Improved AP?

Hydro's the only somewhat relevant one. I'll take better reload and the ability to mount an aircraft over historical reasons just about any day.

In the end, life as a BB is about putting more shells on target than the other guy. KGV can start an engagement sooner, and hit the enemy more times over the course of a battle. Believe me: I like DoY better as a real-world ship, but it amounts to little when the shooting starts.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

In the end, life as a BB is about putting more shells on target than the other guy. KGV can start an engagement sooner, and hit the enemy more times over the course of a battle. Believe me: I like DoY better as a real-world ship, but it amounts to little when the shooting starts.

I'd argue that this is more a cruiser thing. For BBs it's putting shells on target at the right time and hoping RNG decides that it, indeed, is the right time. :Smile_teethhappy:

Part of why I can't stand Scharnhorst, for example. Sure, more is more, but if that more has less value than other flavors of more, why have that flavor of more? After all, Lyon is also more, but in a very holy crap the sky is falling sort of way. Likewise, Dork may put less shells down range than KGV, but those shells she can put down range have an improved ability to avoid being bounced, really helping you ensure a cruiser you try to blap is, indeed, blapped.

Heck, this is echoed in large cruisers, too. Sure, you give up DPM over other cruisers, but you gain the ability to absolutely devastate cruisers if you take a shot at the right time, and Alaska and Dork have quite a lot in common in this regard: they both have improved bounce angles that allow them to really punish cruisers that misplay.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
61 posts
9,609 battles
19 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Bringing her Repair Party up on par with King George V was a good move.  Now the differences between them are less pronounced with the most obvious differences being:

If AA defense had more value, I'd call them about equal.  However, it doesn't, so King George V is still hands-down better.

Doesnt DoY have better autobounce angles for her AP though?

[WG-CC]
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
1 minute ago, Nihon_Senkan_Yamato said:

Doesnt DoY have better autobounce angles for her AP though?

She does.  But I value reload over autobounce by a long shot.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,208 battles

They ruined the line honestly, especially with the god awful dispersion of the line.  Just got to the conqueror, what a waste of my time.  Only shining light was the Monarch surprisingly.

[-K-]
Members
8,349 posts
14,149 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 1:17 AM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I like to rotate my ammo usage on these ships (rather than just rely on HE), so I kind of prefer Duke of York for the improved AP angles.  Plus, that hydro is a great tool when looking to be a bit more aggressive.  I'm likely in the minority here, though.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,890 posts
17,938 battles
On 11/13/2019 at 1:18 AM, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Historical reasons?

Yep.  There is history in that ship.  And if there is a Scharnhorst on the reds...well...all the better.

Sign in to follow this