You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Junkieturtle

Please fix custom music bug that causes crashes

3 comments in this topic

[WREKR]
Members
448 posts
17,228 battles

As title states, there is a bug that is causing game crashes if you are using the custom music option. Removing the music files from the UserMusic folder fixes the crashing.

I have used the custom music folder since the day it was patched in, which had to be 2-3 years ago at this point. It is the same music files, in the same folder, on the same hard drive, with the same install of the game. Not once have a I crashed because of these until last week. Sometime between Saturday the 2nd and Thursday the 7th, WG made some kind of change to the game that has introduced this problem. Prior to that, not a single crash because of custom music. Not one.

And no music was added or changes of any kind made by me to the game folder or the custom music folder and it's contents. Nor where there any changes made to my computer, both hardware or software.

I am posting this in the hopes that this issue is added to the fix list sooner rather than later.

Edited by Junkieturtle

[WOLF8]
Members
517 posts
8,926 battles

I think one of the devs kinda hinted that it might be fixed/addressed in next update.  Guess those of us affected will find out tomorrow...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,410 posts
15,866 battles
3 hours ago, Junkieturtle said:

As title states, there is a bug that is causing game crashes if you are using the custom music option. Removing the music files from the UserMusic folder fixes the crashing.

I have used the custom music folder since the day it was patched in, which had to be 2-3 years ago at this point. It is the same music files, in the same folder, on the same hard drive, with the same install of the game. Not once have a I crashed because of these until last week. Sometime between Saturday the 2nd and Thursday the 7th, WG made some kind of change to the game that has introduced this problem. Prior to that, not a single crash because of custom music. Not one.

And no music was added or changes of any kind made by me to the game folder or the custom music folder and it's contents. Nor where there any changes made to my computer, both hardware or software.

I am posting this in the hopes that this issue is added to the fix list sooner rather than later.

I agree that this should be fixed.

However have you considered Spotify? Soooo much better.