You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gmrbull

Smoke Generator Mod and Italian cruisers

6 comments in this topic

[5D2]
[5D2]
Members
384 posts
8,374 battles

Any plans for this mod to be open to Italian cruisers? Right now it can’t be used?

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I don't think they need it.  The mod is designed for ships that only puff a small long duration cloud and only have a few puffs.  The Italian ships continually puff their cloud for as long as their smoke generator is on, but it only lasts for a few seconds.  The effect is a moving cloud, and the Italian ships can actually move at high speed when puffing smoke, where other ships cannot.  Because of this, the smoke mod isn't needed to provide extra cover for their ships.

[EQRN]
Members
2,033 posts
17,512 battles

Nothing says a given upgrade has to be available to any ship that has the consumable.  I would not be terribly surprised if WG forgot the things even exist.  Alternatively, the way they tuned the Italian smoke may make the mod unusable, like if it made the puff too short the Italians would not disappear at full throttle.  In any event, yes, WG should publicly address the topic to put it to rest.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
16 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Nothing says a given upgrade has to be available to any ship that has the consumable.  I would not be terribly surprised if WG forgot the things even exist.  Alternatively, the way they tuned the Italian smoke may make the mod unusable, like if it made the puff too short the Italians would not disappear at full throttle.  In any event, yes, WG should publicly address the topic to put it to rest.

They have. In the articles about the new Italian cruisers, it is mentioned that the mod is not compatible.

[EQRN]
Members
2,033 posts
17,512 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

They have. In the articles about the new Italian cruisers, it is mentioned that the mod is not compatible.

I'm batting zero all day, I'm outta here.  Thanks Kiz :cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
19 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I'm batting zero all day, I'm outta here.  Thanks Kiz :cap_like:

:Smile_teethhappy: NP. Have a good day. :Smile_honoring: