Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Need help opening less recent crates

10 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

The way that crates are set up is the crate you can open is the most recent one you got. So, if I want to open Crate B, but I got Crate A more recently, I have to open Crate A before I open Crate B.

This shouldn't be a problem unless there is a reason to not open Crate A. With Wargaming containers (which contain a day of premium), there now is. I want to open some Italian cruiser containers that are "blocked" by Wargaming containers.

Is that not possible?  

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles
9 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Is that not possible?  

Why should it be? The contents are set when you obtain the crate not when you open it. You have the option to open 1 crate at a time, the most recent one received followed by each one in that order or open all crates if you have 3 or more. 

There is absolutely no reason to not open a crate as soon as it is received since regardless of how many you hoard or for how long you hoard them the contents will not change.

Members
3,074 posts
6,554 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Why should it be? The contents are set when you obtain the crate not when you open it. You have the option to open 1 crate at a time, the most recent one received followed by each one in that order or open all crates if you have 3 or more. 

There is absolutely no reason to not open a crate as soon as it is received since regardless of how many you hoard or for how long you hoard them the contents will not change.

Not correct - OP's point is if you are a free-to-play player and earn 24-hour premium time Wargaming crates, which are fairly common, it would be reasonable to want to stockpile them for a time you know you can play a lot while still wanting to open your other crates.

The premium time starts when you open the crate. You wouldn't want to kick off 24 hours of premium time right before you go on a trip or something, you'd want to save it for a free weekend at home with time for gaming.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 2

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles
4 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Not correct - OP's point is if you are a free-to-play player and earn 24-hour premium time Wargaming crates, which are fairly common, it would be reasonable to want to stockpile them for a time you know you can play a lot while still wanting to open your other crates.

The premium time starts when you open the crate. You wouldn't want to kick off 24 hours of premium time right before you go on a trip or something, you'd want to save it for a free weekend at home with time for gaming.

One has no idea that premium time is in the crate, nor anything else for that matter. So how the heck would opening the crate of ones choice make any difference. By the way the same activation applies to crate/award obtained premium time to those who buy premium time.

So I am 100% correct. 

Members
3,074 posts
6,554 battles
20 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

One has no idea that premium time is in the crate, nor anything else for that matter. So how the heck would opening the crate of ones choice make any difference. By the way the same activation applies to crate/award obtained premium time to those who buy premium time.

So I am 100% correct. 

... if you read the site notifications, you know what's in them. There's always premium time in Wargaming crates. If you do the PTS missions, which is where most of them come from, they flat-out tell you the rewards are a Wargaming crate on the main server with 24 hours of premium time.

• Funny 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles
10 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

If you do the PTS missions, which is where most of them come from, they flat-out tell you the rewards are a Wargaming crate on the main server with 24 hours of premium time.

Well then, what is the problem? When the PTS crate is awarded on the primary account then just don't open it until you are ready to use that 24 hours premium time which you are going to waste some of it any way. What difference does it make if you have to open a dozen crates before the PTS award crate is ready to open.

Why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

I want the game made exactly as I want it to be to suit me oh horrors!

Members
3,074 posts
6,554 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Well then, what is the problem? When the PTS crate is awarded on the primary account then just don't open it until you are ready to use that 24 hours premium time which you are going to waste some of it any way. What difference does it make if you have to open a dozen crates before the PTS award crate is ready to open.

Why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

I want the game made exactly as I want it to be to suit me oh horrors!

It's a small quality-of-life improvement in a long list of UI improvements that could be made.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
8 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

This reply is ABSOLUTELY correct.

Thanks for posting.

8 hours ago, skillztowin said:

not a feature in the game yet

What if I submit a ticket to CS? Surely, ever-helpful CS can help.

8 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

So I am 100% correct. 

Sorry, I have to call this ignorance.

8 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

... if you read the site notifications, you know what's in them. There's always premium time in Wargaming crates. If you do the PTS missions, which is where most of them come from, they flat-out tell you the rewards are a Wargaming crate on the main server with 24 hours of premium time.

100% correct.

8 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

What difference does it make if you have to open a dozen crates before the PTS award crate is ready to open.

The problem here is, you have to open the PTS award crate before you open the dozen of crates. I want to open the dozen of (non PTS award) crates and none of the PTS award crates.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

Something else that I want to add if a WG employee reads this.

The value of certain containers drops over time. For example, there are containers that drop eventium which are "useless" after the event is over. (Technically, not useless as it is auto-converted for credits. But having that eventium and getting to decide how to spend it is better than an auto-convert to credits.) Also, there are containers that drop missions (for ships and such) which are "useless" after a certain amount of time because the mission will have expired by the time it is dropped.

I learned recently that I have 2 Rogue Wave containers (This event is months ago!). Now if WG could remove those from my account, and then credit my account with 2 new ones, I could open the Rogue Wave containers I have. Or, WG could simply open them for me.

Thanks for your understanding and help, staff.

Sign in to follow this