You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

0.8.10 brings Blyskawica (Pan-European/Polish T7 premium DD) to the Armory for 51K coal.

66 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles

image.thumb.png.ad4e9c998bdbdeec9727ca023ca00bab.png

Now the free-to-play crowd has access to a Tier 7 premium destroyer. This could be very important, given that last year's Christmas directives required T7 ships for some tasks. 

Granted, they will have to do a lot of captain grinding, but the current Twilight battles and the last four weeks of Halloween have offered a ready source of Elite Commander XP for all those willing to take advantage of any freebie on offer.

• Cool 3

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

Nice, all of those people that paid I think $45 for it, sold a stealth firing ship that was advertised as such, can now additionally appreciate having it given away for a paltry amount of coal.

• Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Now the free-to-play crowd has access to a Tier 7 premium destroyer. This could be very important, given that last year's Christmas directives required T7 ships for some tasks. 

Granted, they will have to do a lot of captain grinding, but the current Twilight battles and the last four weeks of Halloween have offered a ready source of Elite Commander XP for all those willing to take advantage of any freebie on offer.

Nice this could give me a reason to start playing a bit more often again

[GRAVE]
Members
1,272 posts
18,801 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Interesting. I really want a Pan-EU ship, so when the inevitable Credit Directives show up, I now have a ship that can be used for getting extra rewards from those directives (whether it be Med. Tokens this patch or Shipbuilding tokens next one.) However, my main goal is to get enough coal to get Thunderer for Christmas with the resetted ship coupon (my current one is going on Bourgogne) and spending 50k coal now isn't going to aid in that. However, 50k coal is fairly easy to get back in one month's time (in the three months since I got Smolensk I've went from 2k to 151k, even with buying an engine boost upgrade in that time.) so I could gain back what I lost by the end of 8.10. Also, I'm low on port slots, and armory ships come with them, so I'll get a port slot as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
25 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Nice, all of those people that paid I think $45 for it, sold a stealth firing ship that was advertised as such, can now additionally appreciate having it given away for a paltry amount of coal.

Maybe you could find it in your heart to feel happy for all the people who can't afford to pay anything, and now have access to what's still a half-decent Tier 7 premium destroyer.

I also invite you to imagine what would happen if stealth firing still existed.

Imagine Smolensk being able to stealth fire.

Reflect on that for a while and you will understand why they took this ability away GLOBALLY for every ship in the game.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles

Effective in its maneuverability is a stretch honestly with 5.8 rudder shift and only 39 knots, which is only slightly higher than average speed.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
7 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Effective in its maneuverability is a stretch honestly with 5.8 rudder shift and only 39 knots, which is only slightly higher than average speed.

Methinks a bit of copy-pasting from long ago went into this, but even a mediocre premium can be worth having if it can be had without paying real money. And as @tfcas119 pointed out, it offers a free ticket to Pan-European directive missions (which are often easier than most) for people who either don't want the Friesland or don't have enough FXP for it. Considering the magnitude of the missions that can be bypassed, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Members
91 posts

In the spam of almost 3 years, from before the OWSF removal in March 2017 until now, November 2019, paying money for a Błyskawica went from:

2017: Buying a workhorse of a premium ship and one of the top dogs at it's tier. Actually OP if enemy destroyers didn't understand how to counter you.

To:

2019: Wasting money on a powercreeped, half-decent-at-best premium ship you can get for free with coal. 

Powercreep is one heck of a thing.

Edited by SheikTheDog
  • Cool 3

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

I guess it wasn't selling considering how massively powercrept it is so they decided to put it in the armory. It's mediocre as hell.

[KNCOL]
Members
788 posts
1,749 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe you could find it in your heart to feel happy for all the people who can't afford to pay anything, and now have access to what's still a half-decent Tier 7 premium destroyer.

This is the world of whineship community they will be never happy and will just cry and complain about anything and everything 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,950 battles
1 hour ago, _Caliph_ said:

I feel like I've been HAD . I payed cold hard plastic cash for that Polish Destroyer when it first came out ,  and now players can get it for free ! ! !

• Funny 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,595 posts
2,433 battles
5 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I feel like I've been HAD . I payed cold hard plastic cash for that Polish Destroyer when it first came out ,  and now players can get it for free ! ! !

Yes, now you can get it for free... 3 years after it first came out.

• Cool 1

[RCNW3]
Members
1,923 posts
19,120 battles

Was a great destroyer, now just Meh... but for a small pile of coal you get a decent pew,pew,pew dd with very forgettable torps- 

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts

This is great news. I was saving fxp for Friesland. But I can have this now and get Friesland later. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles

I'll be watching this a lot:

I agree that vs. T8 and T9 could be, um, interesting, especially if you don't have the spare elite commander XP to throw at least a 10 pointer on it.

Members
206 posts
2,310 battles

I for one am excited by this.  With the 25% off armory coupon for ships, the Blys is 38,250 coal.  One can't go wrong at that price!   Yeah many consider it a mehboat now but that is the label everything gets that is not borderline OP these days IMO.    I feel the Blys is pretty solid to very strong if played to her strengths and avoid forcing her into situations that she doesn't have the tools to deal with.  

So she will be mine!  Yes, she will be mine!

[KMK]
Members
218 posts
12,961 battles

The problem is that now you face more tier IX, and thats a problem (happened to me with scharn)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,719 posts
12,636 battles
59 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

People focus on rudder shift, but the stat that really matters is turning circle. Warspite is a torpedo dodging monster with a 15 second rudder shift. Why? A tight turning circle.

IIRC it is second only to Sims.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,719 posts
12,636 battles
2 minutes ago, Feyevich said:

The problem is that now you face more tier IX, and thats a problem (happened to me with scharn)

Very true.

Scharnhorst can compete at T9 if played well.

Sims can at least poop 10.5k LOLtorps once a minute.

Blyskavica? If it's T9 heavy, about all you can do is spot and stay alive until late game.

• Cool 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
6 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

People focus on rudder shift, but the stat that really matters is turning circle. Warspite is a torpedo dodging monster with a 15 second rudder shift. Why? A tight turning circle.

It has a 610m circle which is middle of the road. Plenty of DDs turn tighter but just as many turn worse. The rudder is a bit slow though, especially since it and the engine get knocked out almost every shell that lands near you.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
11 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

The rudder shift is much more important when gun dueling other destroyers. Turning circle makes little difference here.

Members
80 posts

Sure it's an older ship but the armoury is in dire need of some T7 and T8 ships. The only one right now is Flint, and that's steel. This is better than WG continuing to ignore the calls to add some mid-tier ships.

I'll probably get it at the full price and save my coupon for a steel ship.

Edited by anonym_972eLbRf1E53

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Methinks a bit of copy-pasting from long ago went into this, but even a mediocre premium can be worth having if it can be had without paying real money. And as @tfcas119 pointed out, it offers a free ticket to Pan-European directive missions (which are often easier than most) for people who either don't want the Friesland or don't have enough FXP for it. Considering the magnitude of the missions that can be bypassed, that's nothing to sneeze at.

I didn't say it was bad by any means. I have one myself with a 19 point captain I regularly use in Narai. I also used the Blyskawica to finish ranking out in the last tier 7 Ranked Sprint.