You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Saw this Just Now

16 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts

New Captains in the armory Nikolay Kuznetsov,Da Rong,Quan Rong  available  for coal and doubloons in 8.10

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,097 posts
14,317 battles

And Blyskawica for 51,000 coal.

This is a BIG bonus to the free-to-play crowd, who now have free access to a Tier7 premium destroyer, and is arguably worth delaying my acquisition of Thunderer.

image.thumb.png.4a0d19cfaf9c5a5ae36854fbe3235572.png

• Cool 2

[KMK]
Members
218 posts
12,922 battles

I recently decided not to go for Thunderer and Somlensk, and buy Okt Rev and Aigle, and now... this. For me is GREAT.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles
34 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

New Captains in the armory Nikolay Kuznetsov,Da Rong,Quan Rong  available  for coal and doubloons in 8.10

How about those Red, White & Green tracers?  0:48 .... get to work, modders!  :Smile_teethhappy: 

edit: ah, nvm, that's for the new commander. 3:00 ... still, it would be cool on all the Italian ships

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles
25 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Kuznetsov must be one hell of a commander to go for 175,000 coal.

If skilled Commanders go for 35k Coal or 1,500 Doubloons ...175k translates to 7,500 Doubloons ... or about $30. 

That's a little "rich" ... but if you have the coal and no other use for it, he's still free just for playing.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
35 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

If skilled Commanders go for 35k Coal or 1,500 Doubloons ...175k translates to 7,500 Doubloons ... or about $30. 

That's a little "rich" ... but if you have the coal and no other use for it, he's still free just for playing.

143305708_NikolaiCmdr.JPG.9b7056cbdefbb4c7b36680681a3a9423.JPG

• Cool 1

Members
229 posts
904 battles

I really like the Aigle, and the Blyskawica seems similar. I'll be grabbing it from the Armory when it comes out.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles
44 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I think the price is punishment because many players didn't bother to get him when that ridiculous grind to earn him was put into the game. You only have to look at the "will wait" posts from around that same time to see that many didn't bother. 

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,751 battles
3 minutes ago, logane0616 said:

I really like the Aigle, and the Blyskawica seems similar. I'll be grabbing it from the Armory when it comes out.

The Blys is not much like the Aigle..  i have had both for quite some time..  matter of fact not even close to me...

Blys has super slow torps with not so great damage, the Aigle now has decent torps, not super fast but great damage and now do 8k.. 

Blys - Decent guns can be a bit floaty at distance and better turret rotation compared to Aigle, although Blys is not real fast either. 

- Aigle has more punch with it's guns.. higher caliber.. helps.

Both break fairly easy.. Specially the Blys seems like something breaks every time a shell wizzes by.. 

AA for both is well.. not so good.. 

I'll take the Aigle over the Blys all the time.   Even though i've had the Blys longer..  

And i'll bet you will get another 20 folks telling you the exact opposite.

So.. grab it!  your experience may differ from mine completely.  or not.. 

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,039 battles
28 minutes ago, logane0616 said:

I really love the Blyskawica, and the two play quite differently.  Blyska is more of a rangey gunboat, think Russian DDs; Aigle is better at cap bullying because of the HP pool and the shell arcs.  I actually prefer the Blyska to the Leningrad because the gun arcs are so comfortable, even though the Leningrad's got better maneuverability and torp spreads. 

Here's the build I use on it.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD501&modules=11111&upgrades=143300&commander=PCW001&skills=336773121&ar=100&consumables=211&lang=en

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles
2 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I really love the Blyskawica, and the two play quite differently.  Blyska is more of a rangey gunboat, think Russian DDs; Aigle is better at cap bullying.  I actually prefer the Blyska to the Leningrad because the gun arcs are so comfortable, even though the Leningrad's got better maneuverability and torp spreads. 

Here's the build I use on it.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD501&modules=11111&upgrades=143300&commander=PCW001&skills=336773121&ar=100&consumables=211&lang=en

I got the Aigle when it first came out ... and even with the improved torps, I still don't play it as well as the Blys.  Blys is  the DD I want if I have to go against a Leningrad in a knife fight.  It just works for me.

So yes, @S16_Hunter, there will always be differences of opinions ... luckily we have a lot of choices.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,097 posts
14,317 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

From what I saw and heard you get the ship for completing the Collection?

He's correct only to the extent that Darth Vader murdered Luke's father ("...so what I told you was true, from a certain point of view").

Here is the full story:

The things you do to earn the shipbuilding tokens to build Puerto Rico also give you the collection items, but the end reward for the collection is not specified at the Link.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,903 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I think the price is punishment because many players didn't bother to get him when that ridiculous grind to earn him was put into the game. You only have to look at the "will wait" posts from around that same time to see that many didn't bother. 

Whoever said "Good things come to those who wait" … never had to deal with WG :)

Still no IJN captains 

Edited by Commander_367