You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: 0.8.11 will have gift crates for T10, steel snowflakes for T8 and T9 ships ONLY if they are in your port.

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles

This time around, THERE WILL BE NO DOUBLE-DIPPING OR AUTOMATIC CREDITS ON SNOWFLAKES FOR RESET LINES.

DO NOT RESET ANY LINES BEFORE CHRISTMAS IF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU CAN GET BACK UP TO TIER 9. OTHERWISE YOU WILL MISS OUT A CHANCE OF STEEL.

The previous double-dip was allowed because it was very short notice. It's not happening again.

Granted, you may decide that the amount you miss out on (75 per T8 or T9 ship) isn't important to you, BUT YOU NEED TO MAKE THAT CALL WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Tier 10 ships will offer premium boxes which may contain ships or other things not yet specified, so this applies for them as well. 

ETA: Wait till 0.8.11 starts. Farm the flakes. THEN reset as much as you want.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 9

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,448 posts
6,499 battles

Thanks for heads up. Makes the decision of whether to do another reset this next season rather easy...   Could technically cost you two steel ops.  T8 & T9 .  Seems counter intuitive of them to me?    But I can wait to redo another line without hesitation.       

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,470 battles

How did double dipping work?  You could play a ship for the snowflake, sell it, buy it back and get another snowflake?  If so, first I’ve heard of it, and abysmal programming on WG’s part. :cap_old:

In any event, newly purchased ships have always come with snowflakes when such an event was going on.  Beyond lame, WG. :cap_viking:

There’s going to be a lot of people who aren’t going to see this and be pissed.  I know I didn’t plan on buying any ships, short of a tech tree sale, before 8.11.  

And ships from Christmas boxes don’t get snowflakes, either?  :fish_palm:

Edit: I appreciate the thumbs up, but I goofed royally and didn’t get the gist of the OP.  I’ll leave my post intact as a monument to going off half cocked after glossing over a post and looking the idiot.

Edited by FrodoFraggin
  • Cool 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
807 posts
9,683 battles
4 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

How did double dipping work?  You could play a ship for the snowflake, sell it, buy it back and get another snowflake?  If so, first I’ve heard of it, and abysmal programming on WG’s part. :cap_old:

In any event, newly purchased ships have always come with snowflakes when such an event was going on.  Beyond lame, WG. :cap_viking:

There’s going to be a lot of people who aren’t going to see this and be pissed.  I know I didn’t plan on buying any ships, short of a tech tree sale, before 8.11.  

When the research bureau first came out people started resetting lines. Then the French flakes started not long after, I think it was French but whatever. So for that French flake event WG gave double dips to players who had already reset lines meaning you earned the rewards automatically for any lines/ships you reset when the bureau was released. If you re-ground those lines you could also get rewards for each ship you earned back. Hence the double dip.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
9 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

How did double dipping work?

Double dipping worked for one of the French events because people had reset lines before it was announced that the event would have snowflakes. So that was WG's way of making it up to them. They were credited the flakes for eligible ships that had been reset, and they were allowed to claim them AGAIN if they could grind back up to them before the event was over.

In any event, newly purchased ships have always come with snowflakes when such an event was going on.

And they still will. I never said they needed to be there at the start of the event; I simply said they need to be IN YOUR PORT, i.e. not in reset status.

There’s going to be a lot of people who aren’t going to see this and be pissed.

That's why I'm doing a PSA on it now. People who don't read the news pages and don't come here for information have only themselves to blame, I'm afraid.

And ships from Christmas boxes don’t get snowflakes, either?

I never said that. I only said that you will only be able to get flakes from ships that are physically in your port

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
8 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Had nothing to do with whether you owned a ship at event start, and I've seen nothing to say that ships you buy or get after the Snowflake event starts will be excluded.

This was about the Regrind Bureau, which gave you credit for lines you'd reset, and then let you get credit again if you got them again during the event in question. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
11,763 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wait till 0.8.11 starts

When will 0.8.11 start?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
6 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

When will 0.8.11 start?

Four weeks from Wednesday, if all goes according to plan.

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,807 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu Are you saying that if I want to buy a bunch of T8/T9 tech tree ships, they have to be in port before 0.8.11? Or can I still buy them after that patch to farm the steel? Honestly I think I'll probably sell T10's I don't use (aside from farming credits with missouri every day for the next month) to get all of the steel, AFTER  I get the crates for those T10s. If I can't buy tech tree T8/T9 ships after 0.8.11 comes out and get steel for them, that'll suck.

EJ

[PVE]
Members
4,259 posts
18,597 battles
56 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This time around, THERE WILL BE NO DOUBLE-DIPPING OR AUTOMATIC CREDITS ON SNOWFLAKES FOR RESET LINES.

DO NOT RESET ANY LINES BEFORE CHRISTMAS IF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU CAN GET BACK UP TO TIER 9. OTHERWISE YOU WILL MISS OUT A CHANCE OF STEEL.

The previous double-dip was allowed because it was very short notice. It's not happening again.

Granted, you may decide that the amount you miss out on (75 per T8 or T9 ship) isn't important to you, BUT YOU NEED TO MAKE THAT CALL WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Tier 10 ships will offer premium boxes which may contain ships or other things not yet specified, so this applies for them as well.

ETA: Wait till 0.8.11 starts. Farm the flakes. THEN reset as much as you want.

Thanks for the heads up.  These changes seem to get missed by a lot of players whom "just play the game..."   Again, thanks.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles
16 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Are you saying that if I want to buy a bunch of T8/T9 tech tree ships, they have to be in port before 0.8.11? Or can I still buy them after that patch to farm the steel?

I'm saying that this time around you can't reset them and expect to be granted the flakes just because you possessed them at some stage. You actually have to have them physically in your port at some stage during the event and actually play them for a win (even if in co-op). By all means reset those lines AFTER, but make sure you score the flakes first.

The rule has always been that ships obtained during the event count for it. I don't expect that to change.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu