Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AriochIV

"Midway" mission and Saipan rental

8 comments in this topic

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles

I completed the "Midway" mission and was awarded a Saipan for 24 hours. Except I already have a Saipan.

A 6-point captain came along with the deal. Do I get to keep him, or is he going to turn into a pumpkin tomorrow? I don't see anything in the UI that indicates he is time-limited.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,913 battles

From the event page:

Please note: if you already own either or both aircraft carriers, you will not receive the rental or any compensation for the ship. However, you will still receive the Commander.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,113 posts
19,208 battles
3 hours ago, AriochIV said:

I completed the "Midway" mission and was awarded a Saipan for 24 hours. Except I already have a Saipan.

So how lucky do you feel? (At least you do keep the Captain)

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

So how lucky do you feel? (At least you do keep the Captain)

A 6-point captain ain't nothing.

And it's not like I did anything special to complete the mission.

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles

Well its my first tier 8 CV to try. Not sure its worth even playing more then the few times i tired it in the 24hrs i get it. Its damage potential does seem high per rocket, torp, or bomb, but the squadron size is terrible for how long of a restoration time planes have. With that squad size at tier 8 it should be blazing fast restore time. If you get uptiered you are lucky to get one shot off before all planes are down. With a high service cost for CVs its not easy to make much in credits. Skip playing as a team with that ship, just gotta farm what little damage you can.

Im about to unlock the lex, looks like a better all around carrier. 

Anyone know if you get your credits back or at least the mods put in inventory after it goes away?

Edited by Quor_Dresden

Members
1,072 posts
7 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Well its my first tier 8 CV to try. Not sure its worth even playing more then the few times i tired it in the 24hrs i get it. Its damage potential does seem high per rocket, torp, or bomb, but the squadron size is terrible for how long of a restoration time planes have. With that squad size at tier 8 it should be blazing fast restore time. If you get uptiered you are lucky to get one shot off before all planes are down. With a high service cost for CVs its not easy to make much in credits. Skip playing as a team with that ship, just gotta farm what little damage you can.

Im about to unlock the lex, looks like a better all around carrier. 

Anyone know if you get your credits back or at least the mods put in inventory after it goes away?

That's Saipan.  Higher tier a/c, lower quantities, slow regen.  Those Tiny Tims can hurt CLs pretty easily, but can be a pain to hit DDs with.  Can be done, but not as easy, as say, Enterprise 5-inch rockets.

Enterprise, otoh, lower tier a/c, and fast regen.  Kaga is similar to Enterprise, but has tons already on deck, and not quite as fast on the regen.

Edited by agm114r

Sign in to follow this