Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xS27x

PSA: RESEARCHABLE EVENT SHIPS DONT COME WITH SLOTS

8 comments in this topic

[127MM]
Members
46 posts
9,508 battles

EDIT: sorry my google skills failed... just now noticed the post about compensation (3 port slots)... that'll teach me to post half asleep 

gonna leave this up for now in case anyone else also missed the announcement (mods please move/delete or whatever if it is the appropriate action for the thread and sorry for the trouble >.< )

I know its nearing the end of event but decided to give others the heads up since I got a rude awakening when it asked for 300 dubs to unlock the last event ship, and since you cant even sell them, AND that most people I talked to ingame were not aware either figured id post here to try get the warning out to more players. 

(EDIT: yes this was confirmed to have been unintentional) No idea why they did it like this... hope its just a lazy oversight and not something intentional and will not be back in future events.... along with the "surprise mechanics" (one can dream, right?)

I really like the general idea of this event overall and had alot of fun playing this game mode, but these design choices do take some shine out of it.

Edited by xS27x

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,656 battles

Actually, Raid the Filth runs for another two weeks. Saving/Sunray operations end on Weds though.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
4 minutes ago, xS27x said:

No idea why they did it like this...

They were trying something new and it went sort of wrong.

On the other hand, as they announced quite a few days ago now, they're letting us keep the slots that come with the three "starter" event ships (Steel Lancet, Rust Nightfall, Maverick) as compensation.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,630 posts
11,201 battles
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On the other hand, as they announced quite a few days ago now, they're letting us keep the slots that come with the three "starter" event ships (Steel Lancet, Rust Nightfall, Maverick) as compensation.

Yep... those extra slots will come in handy for the buy-back of some of the T9's for the snowflake event.    I'm good with extra port slots.

To get the extra slots for the filth, I just sold a couple of T4s.   Will buy them back after the event.  Maybe...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, cuz THAT's never happened before! (Took 10 minutes to type this I was laughing so hard!)

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, cuz THAT's never happened before! (Took 10 minutes to type this I was laughing so hard!)

I can sort of understand how this one got missed.  With the test server accounts, they give a bunch of port slots, so it probably never even occured to anyone to test what would happen if you got the event ships and didn't have any slots (and it may not have actually even been possible).  Someone obviously missed a step in their QA process but....stuff happens. 

What I really want to know is, why did they even bother programming this into the tech tree to begin with?  The previous process of completing missions to get the ships was working fine.  Seems like someone had some free time and programmed this up on a late Friday afternoon.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,029 posts
17,443 battles
1 hour ago, DiddleDum said:

Yep... those extra slots will come in handy for the buy-back of some of the T9's for the snowflake event.    I'm good with extra port slots.

Perhaps for your specific case, but in general it would be more cost effective to buy back T8s, since they reward the same amount of steel.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles
32 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

What I really want to know is, why did they even bother programming this into the tech tree to begin with? 

Classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing, or what the right hand was doing, or the feet either for that matter. Welcome to WoWs.

Sign in to follow this