Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stormbringer924

Is it even worth it?

5 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
100 posts
14,216 battles

With the latest round of clan war's, I keep thinking to myself, Is it even worth it to do this anymore. I have noticed over the last several month's that WG has been pushing peep's into the high tier's by very interesting method's. I'll keep it brief.

releasing t9-10 ship's with plenty of gimmick's

RB= Having peep's regrinding entire line's to facilitate 1 ship T10 ohio

releasing italian cruiser's where the only good one's are t8-10

thunderer released to take heat off of them for the obvious russian bias in clan war's

As it stand I only participate with my click during clan war's maybe once per week as I find it boring and not very fun.

As it is there are only 1 BB worth taking (kremlin) , 2 cA/CL (smollensk/moskva) maybe a DM if russian ships not avail., 1-2 DD's  (kleber/shima)

There are not very many option's for ship's in this meta. I long for the day's where all the BB's were viable. Same with cruiser's. 

Just not feeling the love when it come's to WG and there used to be alot of it.

Hope they have an awakening soon, but i'm not going to hold my breath.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 2

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

You're just plain wrong on the clan battles side of things. Kremlin is arguably not the best pick, Yamato being a strong top tier choice and the oddball repub still pulling its weight. As for cruisers, Stalingrad and Yoshino are also highly sought after picks while DM, Henri, etc. still work. DDs shima and Kleber are both great, but the Daring is also extremely successful. 

• Boring 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,658 battles
38 minutes ago, Stormbringer924 said:

With the latest round of clan war's, I keep thinking to myself, Is it even worth it to do this anymore. I have noticed over the last several month's that WG has been pushing peep's into the high tier's by very interesting method's. I'll keep it brief.

releasing t9-10 ship's with plenty of gimmick's

RB= Having peep's regrinding entire line's to facilitate 1 ship T10 ohio

releasing italian cruiser's where the only good one's are t8-10

thunderer released to take heat off of them for the obvious russian bias in clan war's

As it stand I only participate with my click during clan war's maybe once per week as I find it boring and not very fun.

As it is there are only 1 BB worth taking (kremlin) , 2 cA/CL (smollensk/moskva) maybe a DM if russian ships not avail., 1-2 DD's  (kleber/shima)

There are not very many option's for ship's in this meta. I long for the day's where all the BB's were viable. Same with cruiser's. 

Just not feeling the love when it come's to WG and there used to be alot of it.

Hope they have an awakening soon, but i'm not going to hold my breath.

No it isn't. You beat up on bad players, and you get rolled by guys that that do team push ups while keeping their headphones on between games.  It's the most comical game mode in the game. Stuff 8 really good players on one team and then wonder what happens....

Members
6,621 posts
20,658 battles
3 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

You're just plain wrong on the clan battles side of things. Kremlin is arguably not the best pick, Yamato being a strong top tier choice and the oddball repub still pulling its weight. As for cruisers, Stalingrad and Yoshino are also highly sought after picks while DM, Henri, etc. still work. DDs shima and Kleber are both great, but the Daring is also extremely successful. 

It has nothing to do with the ships, clans filter the best players and then within said clan, re filter again and again. 80% of the clans can't even field a team most nights. And if they do they have to pull players like Sydney Mohammed Clayton and Jugdish.

See the source image

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,217 posts
21,455 battles
1 hour ago, Stormbringer924 said:

Is it even worth it to do this anymore

Ehh,

You are forgetting the inherent bias that exists because typically the newest ships are most quickly snapped up by those who have the most resources (ie the most experienced players).  Don't worry, as the general public gets them we will drive those stats DOWN (please see Black/Flint).  That said, while Kremlin is very strong, well-played counters do exist to it and it is NOT the best BB for all situations.  The others all have strengths/weaknesses as well.

As to the rather unique ships being released lately, TY WeeGee.  If every DD was a Shima, every cruiser a DM, every BB a Yamato it would be BORING.

If you are tired of T9/10, take a break.  I love T5, T7/8.  Some even like T1-3 (although I think their heads need examining).

Edited by Warped_1

Sign in to follow this