Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Next Ranked Season - World of CV's and Smols = Pain

29 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,161 posts
24,156 battles

Zoup let out that the next ranked season will be T10's. CV's will make their debut. 8 vs 8 format. I'm not a fan of CVs in competitive. Smols though? Eh, I have one. So I can live with that. It's gonna e painful grind though.

• Boring 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,464 posts
6,520 battles

CVs were in last T10 ranked and one before that and before that even.   

• Cool 1

[AFK]
Members
429 posts
13,024 battles

Is why i will play Khabarovsk

6 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Zoup let out that the next ranked season will be T10's. CV's will make their debut. 8 vs 8 format. I'm not a fan of CVs in competitive. Smols though? Eh, I have one. So I can live with that. It's gonna e painful grind though.

unknown.png

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

One word for you on all that: Kleber.

Between Cvs and dealing with Kleber 2 competitive types in a row, no thank you to ranked.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles

Any tier other than T10 would've been highly welcomed in this case.

With that being said, I really, really wish WG would try out a multi-tiered Ranked season at some point in the future.  For example:

R25-R20: T6 ships only

R19-R15: T7 ships only

R14-R10: T8 ships only

R9-R5: T9 ships only

R4-R1: T10 ships only

At least in this case, there becomes greater ship variety throughout a single season, while (hopefully) reducing burnout from spamming the same few ships at the same tier all the way to R1 (or whichever rank you choose to stop at).  There's going to be a point where everybody gets sick of fighting the same Colbert/Smolensk/Haragumo spam ships all the way through the ranks.

• Cool 3

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,458 battles
43 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

And I'm going to love the challenge of playing DD in it.

[AFK]
Members
429 posts
13,024 battles
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Kléber

Kléber have counter, play Movska (also have good AA and good against Smolensk), Daring, Z52, La République, Le Bourgogne, Khabarovsk and some other. Don't forget he have very bold playstyle without smoke and heal.

I m wait the beginning of season, my Khabarovsk will rule the sea.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
32 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

With that being said, I really, really wish WG would try out a multi-tiered Ranked season at some point in the future.  For example:

At least in this case, there becomes greater ship variety throughout a single season, while (hopefully) reducing burnout from spamming the same few ships at the same tier all the way to R1 (or whichever rank you choose to stop at).  There's going to be a point where everybody gets sick of fighting the same Colbert/Smolensk/Haragumo spam ships all the way through the ranks.

I'm pretty sure they did something like this a while back and people hated it.

There were two tiers and iirc, it was something like R12-R25 were T8 and below that was TX.

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles
21 minutes ago, tugdual said:

Kléber have counter, play Movska (also have good AA and good against Smolensk), Daring, Z52, La République, Le Bourgogne, Khabarovsk and some other. Don't forget he have very bold playstyle without smoke and heal.

I'm guessing you haven't played many, if any, CBs this season.

• Cool 1

[AFK]
Members
429 posts
13,024 battles
7 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I'm guessing you haven't played many, if any, CBs this season.

Only one hundred.

[-KAK-]
Members
136 posts
6,491 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

I'm pretty sure they did something like this a while back and people hated it.

There were two tiers and iirc, it was something like R12-R25 were T8 and below that was TX.

Didn't they also change the protected rank from R12 to R10 with the tier split? I think that was where a lot of the hate was directed since it kept more people in the 10 and lower bracket.

It's been awhile though so I could be wrong.

[TOG]
Members
4,161 posts
24,156 battles
1 minute ago, Benched_ferlyfe said:

i cant wait to get heavily outplayed by a 40% player in a cv.

And if he's on your tm? Ugh...

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,002 battles
7 minutes ago, Benched_ferlyfe said:

cause balance (you are too good)need to level out the need for skill, inclusion, and feelings are important. not skill

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles
6 minutes ago, MEANN said:

cause balance (you are too good)need to level out the need for skill, inclusion, and feelings are important. not skill

asashio/conq/cv and smolensk are just a few lazy attempts by poor game developers at closing the skill gap

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles
21 minutes ago, tugdual said:

Only one hundred.

In no world is 63 100, my friend. The stats show you aren't handling Kleber well, either. There's a reason for that, very, very few are, the only real counter to a Kleber right now is...another Kleber, or lots of Klebers. Kleber, for competitive, is broken. Hell, it's broken in Randoms. It's a mini HIV that's harder to hit, harder to find, with a higher RoF, and no citadel.

[AFK]
Members
429 posts
13,024 battles
1 minute ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

The stats show you aren't handling Kleber well, either

But i don't have some problem to manage enemy Kléber with some of ship. I m to aggressive with Kléber, and i not train them a lot. I prefer Khaba, i play him close playstyle of Kléber, but i have more experience.

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,461 battles
7 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

In no world is 63 100, my friend. The stats show you aren't handling Kleber well, either. There's a reason for that, very, very few are, the only real counter to a Kleber right now is...another Kleber, or lots of Klebers. Kleber, for competitive, is broken. Hell, it's broken in Randoms. It's a mini HIV that's harder to hit, harder to find, with a higher RoF, and no citadel.

Smolensk is a pretty good counter to Kleber.

[TOG]
Members
4,161 posts
24,156 battles
1 hour ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Smolensk is a pretty good counter to Kleber.

Vice versa.

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

They used to do this (maybe not quite so many tier changes, but a few). But apparently the players preferred just one tier. And it’s also annoying going through a win/loss/win/loss cycle right at the cusp of a tier change as you have to flip between ships, making practicing aim more difficult etc.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,464 posts
6,520 battles
1 hour ago, Benched_ferlyfe said:

40% CV is hard counter to purple magics...you know, like rock paper scissors......   I intentionally keep all my T10 CVs in the 40% range so I can have this extra advantage.  Color us short bus bullies.  There is no counter to our power that I am aware of, maybe setting up sneaky AA blob trap which us window lickers will fall for every time.  The lure of such a big smear of red targets is unavoidable to the less IQ than shoe size crowd.  

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

I intentionally keep all my T10 CVs in the 40% range so I can have this extra advantage.

i sure hope you are doing it intentionally , otherwise yikes

• Funny 1

Members
1,373 posts

Tonight I am going to start playing my Kleber with a full AA build plus flags etc.

Is there a better camo that from above looks like water.  What camo do CV’s hate the most? 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Members
1,373 posts
3 hours ago, tugdual said:

I would agree that Radar Cruisers have been the most effective against my Kleber.  I can’t single out one. 

Sign in to follow this