You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pete_Darling

What happened to Multi Tier Ranked?

9 comments in this topic

[W_H_S]
Members
582 posts
16,350 battles

What ever happened to multi tier Ranked. Now I'm not talking about tier split like Sprint, I mean there was a season that we couple play T7 or T8 iirc. With the CV's being allowed this season it would be nice to be abl;e to play some T9 ships as well as T10. Just been a thought running in my head every T10 Ranked we have as there are a lot of T9's that I would easily take into a T10 battle and am more comfortable in such as Friesland, so I figured I would see what other people thought.  

• Confused 1

[1984]
Members
4,120 posts
19,840 battles
9 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

What ever happened to multi tier Ranked. Now I'm not talking about tier split like Sprint, I mean there was a season that we couple play T7 or T8 iirc. With the CV's being allowed this season it would be nice to be abl;e to play some T9 ships as well as T10. Just been a thought running in my head every T10 Ranked we have as there are a lot of T9's that I would easily take into a T10 battle and am more comfortable in such as Friesland, so I figured I would see what other people thought.  

Those were like the first ranked seasons. The player base was collectively at tiers 5-8 at the time. And even then both tiers played in the same match, so your tier 9 would still be seeing a tier 10 cv. 

They dont do it anymore imo because they want/expect everyone has already ground to tier 10.

Edited by monpetitloup

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,464 battles

It gave everybody angst because they would get put with teammates who brought lower-tier ships, and assumed they were going to lose.

[W_H_S]
Members
582 posts
16,350 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

It gave everybody angst because they would get put with teammates who brought lower-tier ships, and assumed they were going to lose.

Yea I know people presume but the difference in T9 to T10 in most cases is negligible and there are a few T9's I'd like to play against a CV meta 

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
100 posts
14,132 battles

I have lot's of t9's that I would love to run. many of them I do better in while taking on t10's

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,464 battles
11 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

Yea I know people presume but the difference in T9 to T10 in most cases is negligible and there are a few T9's I'd like to play against a CV meta 

The problem isn’t that you could choose to bring a better ship, it’s that your ally may choose to bring a worse one.

[W_H_S]
Members
582 posts
16,350 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

The problem isn’t that you could choose to bring a better ship, it’s that your ally may choose to bring a worse one.

In all fairness, even at T10 you can get the guy that only has one and doesn't really know how to play it 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,464 battles
4 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

In all fairness, even at T10 you can get the guy that only has one and doesn't really know how to play it 

Absolutely. But just like rental ships, people will fixate on any tiny visible thing and freak out about it. Seems like everyone is looking for an excuse to lose (as long as it’s not their fault).

• Cool 2

[W_H_S]
Members
582 posts
16,350 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Absolutely. But just like rental ships, people will fixate on any tiny visible thing and freak out about it. Seems like everyone is looking for an excuse to lose (as long as it’s not their fault).

That is the most true! This morning myself and my DC got reported in my Freisland and his Yugumo because we got caught out by a Black with no way to disengage. Irony of it was we had half the team being with us that did nothing about him or his friends and just cuddled the island. When it came down to it the loss was neither our fault nor theirs but things could have been done differently to change the tide. I do suppose in Ranked you don't have the coordination that do in division or Clan