Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ADHDChief

wth is with izumos dispersion

30 comments in this topic

[ARP]
Members
27 posts
2,831 battles

So I'm 3km from a yorck, aim midway between the water and deck, fire 9 shells and hit 1, Just ducking 1. I thought wg buffed izumos sigma to 2.0 not 0.2

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

Izumo is the original Free EXP sink.

Even with some buffs to make it look playable on paper it will still always be a turd. 

It was my first T9, ever...I still have yet to grind through it some 4 years later. People will jump in and say it is a decent ship, which stats wise it's not the worst T9 BB, but I'd say it is probably the least enjoyable to play. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

Just released this morning, just in time for this thread.

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
4 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Even with some buffs to make it look playable on paper it will still always be a turd. 

It was my first T9, ever...I still have yet to grind through it some 4 years later. People will jump in and say it is a decent ship, which stats wise it's not the worst T9 BB, but I'd say it is probably the least enjoyable to play. 

You clearly havent played fdg- that’s the worst ship in game by far.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles
5 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

No, I haven't outside of PTS, my German BB play consists of Scharnhorst and Tirpitz as they are both arguably better/just as good as their tech tree counter parts and Im not a big secondaries fan, and Kremlin is a thing now. 

which stats wise it's not the worst T9 BB, but I'd say it is probably the least enjoyable to play. 

I addressed your lot here....as I KNEW someone would drive by FDG snipe this thread.

And as for Flamu, if you watch his streams regularly you will know that everytime he takes out Izumo, he says something to the effect, "Oh man yeah the buffs were needed, this ship is not so terrible anymore" and then precedes to complain about how unenjoyable the ship is for the rest of the battle. :cap_haloween:

It's just an Anti-Fun ship for *most* people, especially if you are coming fresh from an Amagi....Im sure like all ships there are those that think its the best thing since honey on bread but that is not the general opinion. 

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
6 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

No, I haven't outside of PTS

I addressed your lot here....as I KNEW someone would drive by FDG snipe this thread.

And as for Flamu, if you watch his streams regularly you will know that everytime he takes out Izumo, he says something to the effect, "Oh man yeah the buffs were needed, this ship is not so terrible anymore" and then precedes to complain about how unenjoyable the ship is for the rest of the battle. :cap_haloween:

It's just an Anti-Fun ship for *most* people, especially if you are coming fresh from an Amagi....

I actually liked my time spent in her pre buf. Took her out once post buff for some flakes.

fdg is still the worst ship in game by far.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,656 battles

You need to buy the new lazy stupid boring PA premium to get an Izumo with good dispersion.

[-K-]
Members
8,333 posts
14,112 battles
30 minutes ago, ADHDChief said:

So I'm 3km from a yorck, aim midway between the water and deck, fire 9 shells and hit 1, Just ducking 1. I thought wg buffed izumos sigma to 2.0 not 0.2

Scary thing is.....it used to be much worse.

15 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I dunno.  Mutsuki and Kawachi say hello.

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Scary thing is.....it used to be much worse.

I dunno.  Mutsuki and Kawachi say hello.

If you wanna go low tier: mikasa, nuff said. I always regretted having missed her for free, when wg gave her for rent last month i no longer regret but was actually happy when she disappeared.

[-K-]
Members
8,333 posts
14,112 battles
14 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

They need to motivate you to buy the better Izumo somehow:

image.thumb.png.6b8e6d3831faccbf73895c68631d9dfc.png

True.  But unless a CC with some major influence praises the ship, I can't see many people pining for a Pan-Asian Izumo, no matter how buffed it is.  Especially since being T9, she'll likely be a special resource ship.  Even if she's a pretty competent ship now, Izumo's long-standing reputation is too tarnished for people to forget.

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
515 posts
18,784 battles
12 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Pan-Asian Izumo

Wait.... What?...  What!?... A Pan Asian.... WHAT!?.....

Who came up with this idea?.... Reload Booster?, A Pan Asian BB..... What!!!???

Edited by Sidelock

[-K-]
Members
8,333 posts
14,112 battles
2 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Wait.... What?...  What!?... A Pan Asian.... WHAT!?.....

Who came up with this idea?.... Reload Booster?, A Pan Asian BB..... What!!!???

No reload booster here.  It just states "increased main battery reload".

[-BMV-]
Members
515 posts
18,784 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

No reload booster here.  It just states "increased main battery reload".

Oh right, read it wrong. My bad.

[INTEL]
Members
1,769 posts
15,679 battles

I'd sure like to know how FDG is worse than Izumo.

Near as I can tell Izumo has exactly 3 stats that on paper are better than than FDG.

- Horizontal Dispersion, Sigma, and shell velocity.  IME all three of these actually make her gun performance worse. Tighter shell groupings combined with higher velocity (flatter arcs) results in a lot of total wiff salvos, especially at close range where its common to see an entire salvo sail completely over a target or fall short.

Izumo has a smaller super making it much harder to focus but the massive expanse of 32mm armor on her bow and above the belt make it more than a wash IMO.

FDG, is faster, has a better rudder shift, actually has AA that can threaten a stock T8 CV's planes. More HP,  better armor, far less 32mm armor on the hull. Serious secondaries with 1/4 pen. Main guns have far faster reload and turret traverse. Better HE fire chance. Then there's that hydro consumable...

IMO/E FDG is a far better and more flexible BB than Izumo in battle. She just sucks are the campy bow tanking 20km meta

Edited by Ares1967

Members
4,311 posts
4,580 battles

Izumo is alright. Not exciting but gets the job done as far as guns and armor go. AA is okay? and the secondaries are a joke. I had an enjoyable experience with Izumo, but i'd rather use my Musashi instead as she can do the same job but better. Izumo is more accurate though. Were you zoomed in or out for that shot? It makes a difference when it comes to close range elevation. 

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,173 posts
9,416 battles
8 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

FDG has turtleback insane damage secondaries. Izumo has neither. 

OP simply experienced IJN hate code. When he jumps to Yamato he will be wondering why its sigma is the best despite the $#@ shells missing ships by wide margins at ANY range.... and the why Kremlin gets magical super accuracy at close range and Yamato does not at long range. 

Tsushima still hurts and burrnnnnsss. 

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles
6 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

FDG has turtleback insane damage secondaries. Izumo has neither. 

OP simply experienced IJN hate code. When he jumps to Yamato he will be wondering why its sigma is the best despite the $#@ shells missing ships by wide margins at ANY range.... and the why Kremlin gets magical super accuracy at close range and Yamato does not at long range. 

Tsushima still hurts and burrnnnnsss. 

Quit your "IJN is bad" pity party.

Looking at all the posts you made,you havent made an effort to actually learn how to play IJN ships better, and instead keep on demanding WG to dumb down their playstyle to "low-risk high-reward" and throwing in the "WG is still salty about Tsushima" joke that's stale now.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles
15 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

While I will say Izumo before her buffs sucked balls badly, post-buffs she's okay, a middling performance Tier IX BB.  She does better than both FDG & Iowa.

The one thing Izumo never had an issue with are her guns, even in the pre-buffs era.  Good BB guns are always relevant.  Before her buffs she was easy to spot at the start of the game, easy to HE Pen, easy to keep on fire, but I still respected her guns.  Her buffs fixed a lot of those issues.  IMO the only thing negative about her today is the weird turret arrangement.

You want least enjoyable?  Go and give some encouraging words to the German BB players while you think an IJN BB has it bad.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles

IJN dispersion "flavour" is that it is really bad at closer ranges. Having replayed the Izumo recently, I'd say that it's a mighty fine ship now. Many strengths and few weaknesses. FDG has also become quite good at its tier since it's buff. I'd put both slightly above Iowa in power.

15 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

If you wanna go low tier: mikasa, nuff said. I always regretted having missed her for free, when wg gave her for rent last month i no longer regret but was actually happy when she disappeared.

Mikasa is quite good if it weren't for the major fault of always being bottom tier which ruins the ship entirely. It also doesn't help that it is mandatory to have a proper captain on her.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

While I will say Izumo before her buffs sucked balls badly, post-buffs she's okay, a middling performance Tier IX BB.  She does better than both FDG & Iowa.

The one thing Izumo never had an issue with are her guns, even in the pre-buffs era.  Good BB guns are always relevant.  Before her buffs she was easy to spot at the start of the game, easy to HE Pen, easy to keep on fire, but I still respected her guns.  Her buffs fixed a lot of those issues.  IMO the only thing negative about her today is the weird turret arrangement.

You want least enjoyable?  Go and give some encouraging words to the German BB players while you think an IJN BB has it bad.

I have never, and will never consider German BBs....a line designed around secondaries making up for crappy main guns sounded like a bad idea at conception, and still sounds like a bad idea to me to this day. I enjoy my Scharny, but with the exception of Bayren the rest of the German BB line might as well just provide a fire works show spraying secondaries into the wind while blazing 3 fires on their decks eating massive super structure damage from 100mm shells. That is my opinion on them at least. 

I see far more people exclaim how much they love their secondary German BBs than I see people say..."Wow, this Izumo, totally the bee's knee's"  I would say the thing that keep me from playing Izumo is exactly it's guns, not the configuration as I don't really mind the setup, most BBs don't get their rear guns in play unless you want to eat a lot of damage anyway, but the complete and utter disappointment I feel every time I shoot them. They literally do nothing but bounce or overpen, I can citadel a Yamato reliably in just about any T8+ BB given the proper opportunity, but in Izumo, nah might as well just full hp ram in that guy. Im sure not everyone has that issue but I would play my Iowa all day, every day over an Izumo.  

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Is there any historical basis for a pan Asian version of a paper ship or is this just [edited] china pandering with a completely fantasy ship? It shouldn't be in the game at all, the entire line is questionable but this goes too far.

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,746 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

the one thing Izumo never had an issue with are her guns, even in the pre-buffs era.  Good BB guns are always relevant.  Before her buffs she was easy to spot at the start of the game, easy to HE Pen, easy to keep on fire, but I still respected her guns.  Her buffs fixed a lot of those issues.  IMO the only thing negative about her today is the weird turret arrangement

i think i'm going to have to disagree, i just finished the punishment or umm.. sorry "grind" to get past the Izumo and i can't be any happier..  

I had trouble with Nagato but the Zumo.. was brutal.. Accuracy is marginal even with the buffs, penetration of AP at any distance past say 10k seemed marginal at best even with plunging fire..  Burned like a tinder box, less than stellar secondaries and AA although rated high didn't seem to function all that well.   And if your not bow on or close to it.. ouch. not that that little issue is not common among all the ships.

I like the IOWA much better, can't say about FDG have not got there yet..  And all this proves is that Each ship plays differently for each player, what i hate others love and what i love others hate.. 

One thing i recently figured out with the Izumo was at least for me i could not aim at the water line or even leave a little water between the reticle and the boat.. everything seemed to fall short, so i moved up to between deck and mid level on the sides and that worked much better.. 

[WOLF3]
Members
302 posts
9,567 battles
22 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Izumo is alright. Not exciting but gets the job done as far as guns and armor go. AA is okay? and the secondaries are a joke. I had an enjoyable experience with Izumo, but i'd rather use my Musashi instead as she can do the same job but better. Izumo is more accurate though. Were you zoomed in or out for that shot? It makes a difference when it comes to close range elevation. 

If you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you could explain how zooming in or out can effect hits. I get the same thing from time to time and wonder if its me or not.

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles
16 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

If you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you could explain how zooming in or out can effect hits. I get the same thing from time to time and wonder if its me or not.

zooming out increases the minimum elevation angle of your guns. It matters for shots at "point blank" range.

Sign in to follow this