You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Balance Smole

87 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,002 battles

when the mino was brought into the game they did not give her HE because it would unbalance the game. Enter SMOLE, mino with HE. I was in a match this morning, and watched a smole charge the cap cause the dd died, smoke up in the cap kill 1 bb 1 cruiser and make the rest of the bbs at the cap run away. How can one boat be able to suppress 3 t 10 bbs and a cruiser? How is that is anyway ok? If the mino would have been over powered and broken by having smoke and rate of fire would break the game?

HELLO......JUST BECAUSE IT IS RUSSIAN DOENT MAKE IT LESS BROKEN!  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 7

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,464 posts
6,520 battles

tenor.gif?itemid=10754940

• Cool 9

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,002 battles
3 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10754940

YES AGAIN, AND AGAIN UNTIL WG NERFS THAT BOAT. EVERYDAY. MAKE AT LEAST THE SMOKE FIRE DETECT 12K. THAT WAY THEY ON HAVE 4KM THAT THEY CAN PUNISH YOU, NOT 13K

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,380 posts
20,047 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

morning!

It was fun burning down your Bourgogne the other night, smolensk is fun

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,275 posts
18,670 battles
9 minutes ago, MEANN said:

when the mino was brought into the game they did not give her HE because it would unbalance the game. Enter SMOLE, mino with HE. I was in a match this morning, and watched a smole charge the cap cause the dd died, smoke up in the cap kill 1 bb 1 cruiser and make the rest of the bbs at the cap run away. How can one boat be able to suppress 3 t 10 bbs and a cruiser? How is that is anyway ok? If the mino would have been over powered and broken by having smoke and rate of fire would break the game?

Our host's point is to make this game an arcade, cooperative FPS........  And that, is why we are seeing what we are seeing over the past year and a half !  Faster, more gun oriented, Free-for-All's that are dynamic and decisive that encourages spending via OP/Meta builds that CAN DOMINATE......  No more and no less for the spending model they are using.....  We need to get use to it because the Genie is out of the bottle at the cruiser line split and can't be put back..... 

How can you say something is "out of whack" and at the same time, take a serious look at the Halloween/Twilight event and wonder why?? 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
16 minutes ago, MEANN said:

haha-u-are-funny-go-to-gulag-19296050.pn

The Smolensk does beg the question why the Kutuzov is still a banned premium as it is no more problematic when IFHE is taken and at least is less stealthy/no heal.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,719 posts
12,636 battles
7 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

It was fun burning down your Bourgogne the other night, smolensk is fun

*Looks at username.*

*Looks at beam of Smolensk.*

*Giigles like an idiot.*

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
16 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Troll    or should I say 'Trollie'.

By the way I think I was the Shcmolie in your game this morning and you're welcome...kills secured!

• Cool 1

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
18 minutes ago, MEANN said:

I was in a match this morning, and watched a smole charge the cap cause the dd died, smoke up in the cap kill 1 bb 1 cruiser and make the rest of the bbs at the cap run away. How can one boat be able to suppress 3 t 10 bbs and a cruiser?

In short, it can't. The smolensk player was stupid to try that, and the players he fought off were even worse to allow it.

• Cool 8

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,461 battles
4 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

In short, it can't. The smolensk player was stupid to try that, and the players he fought off were even worse to allow it.

Hit the nail on the head.  Smolensk is no doubt OP but it's also pretty easy to kill.  Trust me, I've gotten blapped pretty early in several games in mine. 

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles
47 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This right here. The ships the Smolensk took out/diverted played very, very badly to allow this to happen, and the Smolensk itself was extremely stupid for trying it. Sure, it worked this one time, but it won't work much, and now this player thinks it will, and will hurt his/her/its teams in the future.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,104 posts
8,332 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

when the mino was brought into the game they did not give her HE because it would unbalance her

No, the Mino didn't get HE because that was whole point of the entire line.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Smolensk is really really fragile. 

Just shoot the damn thing.

It really isn't that fragile; for one guns over 406mm (I.E. nearly all that will see her) will fail to arm their shells at angles less than ~15 degrees off broadside (due to the thickness not being enough to arm them) and she has a 50mm citadel roof, meaning even Yamato's shells will bounce. She is in the paradoxical tankieness that the Minotaur shares of being so ill armoured that the way this game works, she is one of the more tanky ships at her tier. Really only CA's (8
+) can reliably and repeatedly citadel her at all ranges; most BB's will struggle at most ranges if she is unangled.

3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No, the Mino didn't get HE because that was whole point of the entire line.

The RN CL's had HE initially, and through most of testing. It was removed because it was felt the HE + Smoke combo was too potent. How Belfast is, is how they were all set to be, just with a Heal and torps instead of its radar.

Edited by _RC1138

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,131 posts
4,088 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Smolensk is really really fragile. 

Just shoot the damn thing.

Damn, why haven't I thought of that? Oh, right, that would be the smokescreen it carries with it. And high enough gun velocity to comfortably shoot from out of radar range.

That said, if one is dumb enough to get in radar range of a Des Memes, it's history. 8" AP really rips it up because it doesn't overpen. It's also easier to smoke fire because of the high ROF. So yes, if you can see it it's easy to deal with. That's the problem though, you usually can't see it.

It's not Belfast broken, but it's worse than Kutuzov (which wasn't OP, strong, but not OP). WG used to be worried about the Smolensk problem. So worried that they took the extraordinary step of removing HE from RN CLs. Apparently such balance concerns don't apply to Russian ships.

Edited by AJTP89

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

when the mino was brought into the game they did not give her HE because it would unbalance the game.

No, You're wrong... The British LC line, were only meant to have AP because that was the point of the line. Exceptions

• The Leander
  • The Exeter
  • The Belfest
  • The Black Swan

The only unbalance I manage to see.. Is how the above mentioned ships, are floating citadels for their tiers.

1 hour ago, MEANN said:

I was in a match this morning, and watched a smole charge the cap cause the dd died, smoke up in the cap kill 1 bb 1 cruiser and make the rest of the bbs at the cap run away. How can one boat be able to suppress 3 t 10 bbs and a cruiser?

Team failed... That means

• DD fail, AP from a DD can citadel and sink a Smolensk
  • Cruiser fail, especially the high caliber guns failed to sink it.
  • Lastly BB fail, just aim and shoot at its vicinity... High tier gives BBs a guaranteed citadel to just about any cruiser with 152mm to 155mm caliber guns.

With a lot of capabilities I noted that failed to sink the Smolensk, considering the threats he has to face I noted above (compared to a BB)... Mean, compliment that Smolensk driver and stop complaining..

Any other potato Smolenks driver wouldn't have done what you described he did.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,242 battles

Just need a range nerf if anything. I have killed a few with my Wichita, when they are near islands. I use islands to get close, stay undetected, rush in, pop radar, kill them. Takes a while sometimes. Have to be sneaky. Usually they are focused on some BB. If they have a unseen dd well placed for spotting I usually die. I once rammed one for the kill. Open water I don't have a chance, they melt me before I get in radar range. Any ship that can sit in open water in a long smoke and farm damage from 16k plus is broken.

[GOOF]
Members
672 posts
5,911 battles

Persistent little bugger arent you?

No but I totally agree no 1 so should have that much effect, not balanced. 

That being said those squishy sides are nice to ROMA.