Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Any Reason For No CVs in Armory?

29 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles

With almost every other available Premium Ship available in the in-game Armory for doubloons, is there any reason that the premium carriers haven't been added to the list?

@Umbaretz, will these CVs ever be added in the future?  Seems like a weird exclusion to me.

• Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,689 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

With almost every other available Premium Ship available in the in-game Armory for doubloons, is there any reason that the premium carriers haven't been added to the list?

@Umbaretz, will these CVs ever be added in the future?  Seems like a weird exclusion to me.

There are also new CV lines coming for USN, IJN and RN... When these will be added? 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,460 posts
6,514 battles

I am starting to note several things about CVs,  no work on legendary modules for the T10s? Still not in Clan Wars.     No RB,  coal, Free XP, or steel CVs being offered, despite a stockpile of available models with tech tree ships that are no longer in game...     Halloween perma camos not being able to be mounted to them,  Now the early announcements for perma camos from New Years event stating they also can't be mounted to CVs either, while available to every other ship type in the game?  Starting to make a statement IMO.      

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
11 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

There are also new CV lines coming for USN, IJN and RN... When these will be added? 

I'd fully expect to see a French CV line at some point in the distant future as well.

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
15,985 battles
18 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

cause they would break the game, as to be a steel or premium ship would mean it would have to be stronger than the tech tree ship. to do that would make the very loosely balanced the cv game broekn. you will have what we had before. cv could simply kill anything. now at least it takes more than 1 run at a boat. 

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
4,460 posts
6,514 battles
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

cause they would break the game, as to be a steel or premium ship would mean it would have to be stronger than the tech tree ship. to do that would make the very loosely balanced the cv game broekn. you will have what we had before. cv could simply kill anything. now at least it takes more than 1 run at a boat. 

There is no rule that reward/premium ships have to be unbalanced/OP?      While some OP premium/rewards can be quite strong there are many that are not.       Your statement lacks any basis in reality? 

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

What? :Smile_amazed:

You've missed the point here.  All I'm asking is why the standard Premium CVs (that you can already buy for cash) are not available in the Armory to be purchasable for doubloons (like the rest of the Premium Ships).  I have absolutely no idea where the rant about steel or killing anything came from.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,665 battles

I realize this is bait, but let's state the obvious here: even WG knows they effed up. 

Spoiler

Next year: why aren't subs in the armory?

Edited by pikohan

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,379 posts
20,047 battles
39 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Because WG knows there bad for the game, but what do they do now after there big rework cash grab? They got their money, only thing they got is to let them die off now,

and im ok with that

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[NCUS]
Members
45 posts
743 battles
5 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Because WG knows there bad for the game, but what do they do now after there big rework cash grab? They got their money, only thing they got is to let them die off now,

and im ok with that

Its not the ships that are the problem but player's attitudes. If you cant handle them, then maybe you shouldn't have downloaded the game? WOT, they cried about artillery. AW they cried about artillery and WOW they cried about CV's.  See a pattern?  Its not that ANY of ship's are  bad for the game but the childish thinking of player's who cant handle being beat by those ships.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

The only Logical reasons that I can come up with are:

A:) WG doesn't want a flood of Free Premium CV drivers running around, lacking the skills and/or investment into making the ships work. At least if someone spent money on them, hopefully they'd be either motivated to not waste the investment, or be more careful about making it in the first place. WG doesn't actually want anyone to buy a ship and go "what a turd" because that would make you far less likely to spend money in the future. After all, they're a business, and want your money.

B:) CV's are more expensive to model than other ships both in terms of modeling time, and research. You not only have the ship, but you have the planes and the makings.

C:) WG threw a bunch of completely free Premium CV's out to the players back during the rework, and has probably noted how many became port queens or were sold instantly.

I don't see WG waiting for CV's to die off, they recently released the Ark Royal, and have kept 3 other CV's in the store. They're probably distracted by holiday events and impending chaos of submarines once they learn what the player impact will be.

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

A:) WG doesn't want a flood of Free Premium CV drivers running around, lacking the skills and/or investment into making the ships work. At least if someone spent money on them, hopefully they'd be either motivated to not waste the investment, or be more careful about making it in the first place. WG doesn't actually want anyone to buy a ship and go "what a turd" because that would make you far less likely to spend money in the future. After all, they're a business, and want your money.

Doubloons still cost money to buy and use, no?

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Doubloons still cost money to buy and use, no?

You can get them through other means, out of containers, as rewards for events ect... depending on how many you have built up this way, and what coupons you have in the armory laying around, you could get a very cheap tier 8 CV indeed.

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

You can get them through other means, out of containers, as rewards for events ect... depending on how many you have built up this way, and what coupons you have in the armory laying around, you could get a very cheap tier 8 CV indeed.

I'm still not sure of the issue here.  For the amount of time and effort WG put into the rework, you'd think they'd want to recoup as much value as possible (whether it be $$$ or doubloons) in the CV arena.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm still not sure of the issue here.  For the amount of time and effort WG put into the rework, you'd think they'd want to recoup as much value as possible (whether it be $$$ or doubloons) in the CV arena.

They'd probably like to, but I'm guessing WG is being very careful with them. There's only 5 premium CV's, one of which has been relegated for the foreseeable future to santa crates. The rework didn't really work, you've still got people out with the torches and pitchforks in numbers you didn't see pre-rework. A bunch of people getting them for 5 bucks and then crying about how bad they are and how they got ripped off wouldn't help WG. WG only makes money on Doubloons they sell, not on the ones they give out.

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
4 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

They'd probably like to, but I'm guessing WG is being very careful with them. There's only 5 premium CV's, one of which has been relegated for the foreseeable future to santa crates. The rework didn't really work, you've still got people out with the torches and pitchforks in numbers you didn't see pre-rework. A bunch of people getting them for 5 bucks and then crying about how bad they are and how they got ripped off wouldn't help WG. WG only makes money on Doubloons they sell, not on the ones they give out.

I firmly believe that those still holding pitchforks and torches simply aren't seeing both sides of the equation, and would probably hate carriers no matter which way they could be re-imagined.  Haters are gonna hate, but I'd like those haters to at least try to play a few matches in some CVs just to be able to fully understand the mechanics of the class.  If they still want to hate at that point, let them.

Despite not being for everybody, and the rework not going exactly the smoothest, I think the revamped carriers are actually somewhat of a success.  They are not nearly as OP as they used to be in the hands of a unicum (cross drop DDs, anyone?) who could single-handedly carry a game.  Plus, more players are trying/playing them than ever before.  The fact that the rework got me to finally grind through all the CV lines (and actually kinda enjoy it) is a case in point here.  I never liked the RTS style (although many did moreso), so the more engaging, first-hand playstyle we have now actually got me to play a class that I never would have touched otherwise.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
229 posts
904 battles
2 hours ago, MEANN said:

as to be a steel or premium ship would mean it would have to be stronger than the tech tree ship

I would like to direct your attention to the Viribus Unitus.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I firmly believe that those still holding pitchforks and torches simply aren't seeing both sides of the equation, and would probably hate carriers no matter which way they could be re-imagined.  Haters are gonna hate, but I'd like those haters to at least try to play a few matches in some CVs just to be able to fully understand the mechanics of the class.  If they still want to hate at that point, let them.

Despite not being for everybody, and the rework not going exactly the smoothest, I think the revamped carriers are actually somewhat of a success.  They are not nearly as OP as they used to be in the hands of a unicum (cross drop DDs, anyone?) who could single-handedly carry a game.  Plus, more players are trying/playing them than ever before.  The fact that the rework got me to finally grind through all the CV lines (and actually kinda enjoy it) is a case in point here.  I never liked the RTS style (although many did moreso), so the more engaging, first-hand playstyle we have now actually got me to play a class that I never would have touched otherwise.

More players are trying them than ever before???:Smile_teethhappy:

qiRu6ne.png

Try doing actual research before making claims....Less than 5% of the players, almost pre-rework levels...

WG wanted 3 cv's per side per game, based on that alone, the CV rework is massive failure, and the game continues to drive players away....

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

qiRu6ne.png

Try doing actual research before making claims....Less than 5% of the players, almost pre-rework levels...

WG wanted 3 cv's per side per game, based on that alone, the CV rework is massive failure, and the game continues to drive players away....

I'm saying have tried them overall, at least once, since rework inception.  Not how many are currently playing them on a continuous basis.

And before you make any counter-claims, please post evidence of where WG officially claimed they wanted 3 CVs per side, per game.  I don't think that was ever said.

Lastly, if you look at current stats, the player base is actually slowly rising, not falling.

Edited by Ace_04

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
12 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Oh, I'll agree there's been some good come out of the rework. But pre-rework we didn't have this level of hatred. Maybe it was the 1 game in 10 or 20 you actually saw a CV V/S now CV's are a constant like they should have been from the start.

3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

qiRu6ne.png

Pretty much meaningless, WG put restrictions on how many CV's are in any match, if you work out how many high tier matches have CV's v/s how many battleships are in a match on the average, you've got about 50/50 odds of having a CV in a match (which is probably healthy from a keeping things from getting stale and making choices sense). Which is a lot higher than it was pre-rework which basically boiled down to the only way for me to see a CV was to bring one myself.

Players, like yourself, drive people away. Players that tell others what to do, while camping behind a rock while their team dies, the ones that camp in the back uselessly while whining about how unfair CV's are, the players that suicide at the start because they didn't get the MM they wanted drive more players away than CV's ever could. At least a CV will spot for you and give you a heads up on that radar cruiser with friends that's on his way to a cap to tear your DD in half. Of course, DD players seem to think they are better off without CV's, blindly driving into a cap to 1V1 another DD, and the radar cruisers that came to back the red DD up, while your own cruisers hide where they can't help you. Maybe there's another reason that DD's have the lowest survival rate of any ship in the game.

• Boring 1

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
3 hours ago, pikohan said:

I realize this is bait, but let's state the obvious here: even WG knows they effed up. 

Reveal hidden contents

Next year: why aren't subs in the armory?

oh gosh I hope subs aren't in game next year

[S0L0]
4,460 posts
6,514 battles
1 hour ago, logane0616 said:

I would like to direct your attention to the Viribus Unitus.

I'll raise you one Genova.

• Cool 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,860 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

i have played a fair amount of cv games i even reached rank 5 midway and lexington on NA and i will always reinforce as will gaishu one of the worlds best cv players,  current cv are awful for the game they can do every other ship class roles better and have free domination over any ship regardless of skill levels on either side

[IRNBN]
Members
3,391 posts
9,822 battles
3 hours ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

and im ok with that

Hear, hear.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this