You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Smeggo

[0.9.6] Sea Hornets on Audacious

21 comments in this topic

Modder
86 posts
365 battles

This mod replaces the Wyverns of the Audacious with DeHavilland Sea Hornets.

The Sea Hornets are the Indomitable's beautiful planes, but sadly the Indomitable is not available. She's available now, but still I like the planes on my Audaucious.

Thank you very much to @Carrier_Ikoma for his tutorial. :Smile_honoring:

Installation:

Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D9awtKA53-Pqpmcm8Z9kSXn7vDwRDVY4

Place "PnFMods"-folder and "PnFModsLoader.py" here: World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.X.X.X\

shot-19.11.11_14.46.46-0622.JPG

Spoiler

shot-19.11.11_14.46.50-0941.JPGshot-19.11.11_14.46.51-0570.JPGshot-19.11.11_14.47.23-0019.JPG

• Cool 5

[GC]
Members
225 posts

Lovely. I hope someone can restore the Stukas to the Graf Zeppelin this way. The Fw-190s it has now even still have the Jericho trumpet fitted. I never understood why WG couldn't just update the stats of the Stukas and otherwise leave them be.

Modder
86 posts
365 battles
On 12/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, Raptormama said:

Lovely. I hope someone can restore the Stukas to the Graf Zeppelin this way. The Fw-190s it has now even still have the Jericho trumpet fitted. I never understood why WG couldn't just update the stats of the Stukas and otherwise leave them be.

Some modders and me really tried together to put the old RTS-StuKa-Planes on the GZ, sadly these have a different format and do not work anymore. :Smile_unsure:

[GC]
Members
225 posts
On 12/16/2019 at 9:18 AM, Smeggo said:

Some modders and me really tried together to put the old RTS-StuKa-Planes on the GZ, sadly these have a different format and do not work anymore. :Smile_unsure:

That's a real shame. :( But thank you for trying.

Modder
86 posts
365 battles
On 12/18/2019 at 1:26 AM, FurphyForum said:

I hope it won't but will your mod clash with this mod?;

and well done also.

It should be ok - worst thing that could happen is that one of the mods wouldn't load.

Edit: Just tested it. Works fine, no clash.

• Cool 1

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,530 posts
4,599 battles

One might also note the Sea Hornet was a much safer plane to fly...

Of 124 Wyvern completed, 68 were involved in accidents, 37 lost operationally to various reasons (just shy of 1 in 3)-- a big one was the engine often flamed out on catapult launch due to a problem in the fuel system where high G's would cause a loss of fuel flow-- 2 in combat-- the Suez crisis shot down over Egypt-- and with 13 pilots being lost.  Not a great safety record there...

Modder
86 posts
365 battles

updated

PS: To the next one asking me if could replace the Zeppelin's planes with StuKas:

Sorry, I'm not able to achieve this, but someone who is, please do it! :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[WWSB]
Members
294 posts

Would you consider doing a plane swap for Midway's Dive and Torpedo Bomber's using the F.D. Roosevelt's  TB2D Skypirate?  In other words.. Replace The BTD Destroyer with TB2D Skypirate. The Skypirate looks so much better than the destroyer.  Please.. :Smile_great:

Modder
86 posts
365 battles
On 4/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, 2575dave said:

Would you consider doing a plane swap for Midway's Dive and Torpedo Bomber's using the F.D. Roosevelt's  TB2D Skypirate?  In other words.. Replace The BTD Destroyer with TB2D Skypirate. The Skypirate looks so much better than the destroyer.  Please.. :Smile_great:

I just checked and the files are not yet included in the mod-kit. So maybe next patch. :Smile_honoring:

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
998 posts

It’s too bad that the mod has to replace all versions.  This would be great to have on the DBs but I’m not sure that I want it on my other planes.

Modder
86 posts
365 battles
On 5/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, gbgentry said:

It’s too bad that the mod has to replace all versions.  This would be great to have on the DBs but I’m not sure that I want it on my other planes.

Understandable - but as the upgraded planes of the Audacious are all of the same type, the replaced model changes for all of them. No way to fix this in a mod. :Smile_amazed:

Modder
86 posts
365 battles

Updated for 0.9.4

On 12/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, Raptormama said:

Good news on that - the Stukas have been spotted on the T6-german-CV-premium, that should come in one of the next patches.  I will mod them on the Zeppelin asap, when the CV is released

• Cool 1