You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

Snowflakes are coming back

169 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles

The snowflakes never left.

EDIT: Though that event WG has planned?  That looks fantastic!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,875 posts
16,312 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

or, you could just read it on the forum

• Boring 1

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,717 battles

I was about to say it is SNOWING HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!  That is right, it is SNOWING RIGHT NOW AT MY HOUSE.  I have plenty of snowflakes to choose from.  :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,551 posts
4,357 battles

I cant wait. Now im assuming the steel is reward for the first win of the day for each ship? 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,593 posts
2,433 battles
1 minute ago, JSFWRX85 said:

I cant wait. Now im assuming the steel is reward for the first win of the day for each ship? 

Only for tier 8 and up.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
3 minutes ago, JSFWRX85 said:

just the first win for basically that patch.  You wont be able to get it every day.  Just once.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,551 posts
4,357 battles
Just now, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Only for tier 8 and up.

Oh i got that. Lower tiers have coal. I just wasnt sure if it was a first win of the day kind of reward

[-K-]
Members
8,349 posts
14,149 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

To the first win of the day...just the first win for basically that patch.  You wont be able to get it every day.

Gonna be a busy event if you have a plethora of T8+ ships.

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,516 battles

Awesome!!!! :Smile_honoring:

Snowflakes are back with Steel and Puerto Rico is the ship we will build in the dock yard which means it isn't a Steel or RB ship.

As long as Co-op isn't excluded from all of this I would say WG has given us one helluva a Christmas event this year.

• Cool 5

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,504 battles

Man I don't even have to look..... A grind for Peurto Rico?....  that's going to have to be ugly if its time limited.   I'm sure they'll be a pay boost for that one to  avoid a life -sucking grind...  .    Would be great to see some Steel back in play for us non-CWs folks.    

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,131 posts
14,323 battles

Well, that's a stunner. We were expecting a T7 battleship, and instead we get a Tier 10 super-cruiser!

Oh man, if I can pull this off I will be SO glad I didn't blow FXP on Alaska when I was tempted.

OTOH it may be worth blowing a bit on some of my T7's to lift them up. I think I just found a new priority for patch 0.8.10! Time to start pricing ships and pacing grinds.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,262 posts
18,616 battles

"Well, the weather outside is frightful and the gifts inside delightful....  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow !"  Or, something like that.....?

In the end, a good gift is good because there is something to "work for" and not have to buy.  Cruiser, Battleship or just "stuff" that has real value is what makes any event a "good thing..."

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
9 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

why are tier 8-10 botes only 75 steel this year?!?

were they not 100 steel last year?

Tier X ships won't "flake drop" steel according to that article -- they'll drop a container with random contents instead.

So my slim hope of getting enough Steel for Flint is confirmed DOA. 

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Awesome!!!! :Smile_honoring:

Snowflakes are back with Steel and Puerto Rico is the ship we will build in the dock yard which means it isn't a Steel or RB ship.

As long as Co-op isn't excluded from all of this I would say WG has given us one helluva a Christmas event this year.

Has anyone done the math on the max amount of Steel a player could get if they had all the tier 8 and 9 ships possible?

But you're right, as long as Co-op isn't directly or functionally locked out, the Shipyard payout could be a nice thing.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,876 posts

another long grind directives :(

well, the Puerto Rico has 22 sec reload, it's another mediocre "heavy cruiser", you will be much better playing a BB instead

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,516 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I have 45 to 50 qualifying ships for Steel (not home to check exact but around this figure). Probably will buy a few more too if it nets me 75 each. 

11 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Only for tier 8 and up.

T8 & T9 only for Steel. T10's get a crate it said.

8 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

T8 (Premium only as I recall) to T10 got Steel. Was 50 or 100. So 75 this year balances out sort of. No complaints here. 75 is good 

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, that's a stunner. We were expecting a T7 battleship, and instead we get a Tier 10 super-cruiser!

Oh man, if I can pull this off I will be SO glad I didn't blow FXP on Alaska when I was tempted.

OTOH it may be worth blowing a bit on some of my T7's to lift them up. I think I just found a new priority for patch 0.8.10! Time to start pricing ships and pacing grinds.

I am extatic that they are doing the PR this way AS LONG AS it can be done through Co-op. I figured PR would be Steel or RB. This is awesome and the build a ship part of it is intriguing to me.

I have lots of Steel eligible ships now but will add any extra I can for sure. As a Co-op main I have to farm it when I can. 

[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
24,516 battles
12 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Tier X ships won't "flake drop" steel according to that article -- they'll drop a container with random contents instead.

So my slim hope of getting enough Steel for Flint is confirmed DOA. 

Has anyone done the math on the max amount of Steel a player could get if they had all the tier 8 and 9 ships possible?

But you're right, as long as Co-op isn't directly or functionally locked out, the Shipyard payout could be a nice thing.

I am not at home so cant check on all the ships but just for the ones I have (that I can think of sitting here). I should get around 3500+. I plan to pick up as many of the ones I don't have as possible as well. I am going to open a Steel farm LOL.

Kind of wish they did Steel for the T10 too like last year as i have all of them (except Steel and RB ones). But crates towards building PR will be a big help (I assume anyway).

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles

Just more and more of the same recycled crap. More directives, more French/Snow/Research/Anniversary Flakes, and another dumb collection.

Listen, as a playerbase we might enjoy these elements but throwing them at as over and over really kills the excitement.

Even the "build the Puerto Rico" thing is left over from the original Stalingrad and British Battleship releases.

• Boring 5

[WOLF1]
Members
2,876 posts

i would have to say the new T8 camo looks great

but how do we get it?

Edited by Happy668

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Or not?

Even if I do have a bunch of such ships, there’s no motivation to play them.

With positioning sense as bad as mine, there’s little point to doing so.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,168 battles
27 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

8-9 were 50, 10 were 100.

This year 8-9 are 75, 10s are an event container.  Read first, then comment.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am not at home so cant check on all the ships but just for the ones I have (that I can think of sitting here). I should get around 3500+. I plan to pick up as many of the ones I don't have as possible as well. I am going to open a Steel farm LOL.

Kind of wish they did Steel for the T10 too like last year as i have all of them (except Steel and RB ones). But crates towards building PR will be a big help (I assume anyway).

That would mean you have at least 47 ships in tiers 8 and 9 alone. 

Good gravy.