You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Bad Research bureau idea

12 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,811 battles

I was thinking (the devil on my left shoulder whispered this into my ear actually)... What if you can use RB bureau points to "bake" captain skills into the ship itself, so you don't have to use captain points on them anymore? No 4 point skills obviously. 10,000pts for a 3 point skill? All it would really do, after a while, is let your captain pick up the less "mandatory" skills, it'd be nice to take some of the survivability skills you miss out on.

Limit it to two 3 point skills or something.

LOL, bad idea... nevermind. I shouldn't give them profitable ideas.

EJ

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,263 battles
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

I was thinking (the devil on my left shoulder whispered this into my ear actually)... What if you can use RB bureau points to "bake" captain skills into the ship itself, so you don't have to use captain points on them anymore? No 4 point skills obviously. 10,000pts for a 3 point skill? All it would really do, after a while, is let your captain pick up the less "mandatory" skills, it'd be nice to take some of the survivability skills you miss out on.

EJ

They basically wanted to do that originally with th RB and the community told them no on permanent buffs to ships. It leads to pay to win and was thrown out.

• Cool 1

[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,512 battles

the games got 2-4 years tops left in it, i dont think many will be doing the research bureau on mass to use it.

when the new everquest comes out from original maker of ever quest there will be a huge exodus in players for sure in about a year.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles
37 minutes ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

the games got 2-4 years tops left in it, i dont think many will be doing the research bureau on mass to use it.

when the new everquest comes out from original maker of ever quest there will be a huge exodus in players for sure in about a year.

Prove it!

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
6 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Prove it!

i doubt everquest will draw many. most of us who play this game play it because there is nothing else like it. 

If a competitor arose that got rid of all the garbage that makes this game suck so hard -- the crap MM, the double and triple CV matches, the lack of missions for players to practice and prove competence as they go up the tiers, the crappy formulaic maps choked to death with islands, the lack of a variety of operations and the general contempt for coop on the part of the devs, the dev obsession with T10, and various other idiocies... well, this game will be toast in five minutes. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

the crap MM, the double and triple CV matches, the lack of missions for players to practice and prove competence as they go up the tiers, the crappy formulaic maps choked to death with islands, the lack of a variety of operations and the general contempt for coop on the part of the devs, the dev obsession with T10, and various other idiocies...

Well you certainly hit on all of the game's most endearing qualities. Now if only you could find some fault with it.

• Cool 1

Members
224 posts
6,093 battles
40 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

i doubt everquest will draw many. most of us who play this game play it because there is nothing else like it. 

If a competitor arose that got rid of all the garbage that makes this game suck so hard -- the crap MM, the double and triple CV matches, the lack of missions for players to practice and prove competence as they go up the tiers, the crappy formulaic maps choked to death with islands, the lack of a variety of operations and the general contempt for coop on the part of the devs, the dev obsession with T10, and various other idiocies... well, this game will be toast in five minutes. 

Why do you play a game you dislike so much?

• Cool 1

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles
49 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I think they are just following the WoT forumula. I am surprised we haven't had Mercenary ships yet to be honest. Not alot of innovation. Least amount of real development (cost) possible, maximum loot boxes and TT's possible. Reuse maps with slight changes over and over again. Sound familar? Still with all that [edited]-[edited] like you and i know, nothing else is out there other then warthudddrrrr and that is a redheaded ugly baby at this point, again put out by Russians. 

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
32 minutes ago, GoldDust2015 said:

Why do you play a game you dislike so much?

I love this game. I just don't like many of the things the devs have done to screw it up. If you can imagine all the things that arent on that list, you can imagine all the things that I like/don't mind.

• Cool 2

[PIZZA]
Members
1,062 posts
13,092 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

I love this game. I just don't like many of the things the devs have done to screw it up. If you can imagine all the things that arent on that list, you can imagine all the things that I like/don't mind.

Same here.

Naval traning center would end my gaming here. Atlanta and Flint nerfs hits BBBad also. Now every bought ship will be possible nerfobjekt. 

Members
3,101 posts
6,704 battles
3 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

EJ

I just think it's hilarious that you have independently reinvented the Naval Training Center idea that the devs came up with for the Research Bureau originally and that was so universally reviled by literally everyone not working for Wargaming.