Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Ice_Cream_Man_

Proposal for Negative Karma limit increase to 200 per player per day

92 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

105
[REKTD]
Members
237 posts
9,551 battles

I’ve noticed this. I’m thinking the Italian event for “free ships” has brought out a lot of the potato crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,512 battles

i even seen noobs camping zone line on twilight cuz they clueless. and by camping not the portal, the A and I lines.

So the negative karma of 7 is too little, need to have like 200 a day to hand out to clueless players who camp and dunno when to push up with team or have a clue about caps when they behind on points.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,235 battles
1 minute ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

i even seen noobs camping zone line on twilight cuz they clueless. and by camping not the portal, the A and I lines.

So the negative karma of 7 is too little, need to have like 200 a day to hand out to clueless players who camp and dunno when to push up with team or have a clue about caps when they behind on points.

Why? Karma dies absolutely nothing. I can play the same with 0 karma as someone with 200. They should just remove it. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,512 battles

so you can give some feed back on the player that they are horribad.

also at end of year wargaming should reward those with 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500,600,700,800,900, 1000 on xmas with super containers for each level reached. so you can get up to 10 super containers for having good karma at end of year, with limitation of  division or clan mates not being allowed to give karma so you cannot abuse it.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,300 posts
4,564 battles

Throwing out negative points is not giving feedback at all though. Its just rage babies raging. 

 

Counter proposal: You can give out reports for as long as you have karma. Every report you make also costs you a karma point.  

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,235 battles
12 minutes ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

so you can give some feed back on the player that they are horribad.

also at end of year wargaming should reward those with 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500,600,700,800,900, 1000 on xmas with super containers for each level reached. so you can get up to 10 super containers for having good karma at end of year, with limitation of  division or clan mates not being allowed to give karma so you cannot abuse it.

No they should not give anything because it is too abused. It isnt just used on bad players. Good players get negative karma too. People give bad karma to CV players just for playing them even if they did very well. People will report an enemy that killed them or even a teammate that played really well but didn't go the direction they wanted them to go. 

  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles
36 minutes ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

otta campers on lately that are liability to team leading to losses, that have no game awareness to push up.

So what are you going to do about that? Perhaps you should get behind them and put a few rounds into them or just sit and wait for the red team to come to them.

By the way they could make the negative in battle reports unlimited and ones karma would never go below 0 and only misbehavior in chat has any penalty.

Find something else to complain about or note the names of those offending you and put in a support ticket on them for rigging the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[STW-A]
Members
255 posts
55 minutes ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

lotta campers on lately that are liability to team leading to losses, that have no game awareness to push up.

lol.....  you need to witness the meta on the ASIA server.  On the NA server you might have 1 or 2 teammates hiding their BB in the back, or behind an island, out of the fight.  And they stick out playing that way.  But on the ASIA server, saving your ship like that is the norm.  So how many ships are hiding behind that one large island?  I've seen as many as 7 at one time.  Trying to hold the weak side of 2 Brothers with your Texas and another cruiser against half the red team?  No problem, they don't push and will stay just beyond your Texas' maxrange so you can't shoot at them.

Anyone switching from ASIA to the NA server will play conservatively.  Don't report them, rather, try to offer suggestions in chat.  (e.g. "Koenig isn't a good sniping battleship from the baseline").  They might not speak English, so just hope that they are on the other team next game.  (or that there are more bad red players than bad green players)  Adjust your tactics to their playing style, if you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Don't report them,

Report them every time. Passive play is also a rules violation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,208
[YORHA]
Members
4,991 posts
9,972 battles

Karma should work the same as TK penalties.  Once you receive a certain amount of "Plays Badly" or "Unsporting Behavior" tags you are limited to Co-op for 10 games.

Might clear out some of the "Hurr Durr Shoot Stuff" crowd.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,587 posts
19,526 battles
57 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Throwing out negative points is not giving feedback at all though. Its just rage babies raging. 

 

Counter proposal: You can give out reports for as long as you have karma. Every report you make also costs you a karma point.  

Counter..counter proposal, You can only give positive karma.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
782
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
917 posts
10,100 battles

FYI, you can't tie real game penalty limitations to the karma system. Trolls will start abusing just to ruin the game for others just for their own selfish giggles. They would literally kill the game.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,300 posts
4,564 battles
11 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Counter..counter proposal, You can only give positive karma.

Counter counter counter proposal: You can only give positive karma, but you have to construct them first.
Karma given to the other player will be received within 1-5 business days.  

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,747 posts
23,256 battles
1 hour ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

so you can give some feed back on the player that they are horribad.

also at end of year wargaming should reward those with 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500,600,700,800,900, 1000 on xmas with super containers for each level reached. so you can get up to 10 super containers for having good karma at end of year, with limitation of  division or clan mates not being allowed to give karma so you cannot abuse it.

I doubt you're in any position to judge whether someone is horribad. I'll leave it at that.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,235 battles
24 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Karma should work the same as TK penalties.  Once you receive a certain amount of "Plays Badly" or "Unsporting Behavior" tags you are limited to Co-op for 10 games.

Might clear out some of the "Hurr Durr Shoot Stuff" crowd.

Yes lets do that and then every time someone sees you in battle no matter how you play we can give you a plays badly and you will always be stuck in Co-op.  The way the system works that is a very likely scenario because it is so easy to abuse

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,506
[HINON]
Members
13,234 posts
35 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Counter counter counter proposal: You can only give positive karma, but you have to construct them first.
Karma given to the other player will be received within 1-5 business days.  

Counter counter counter counter proposal: You must construct additional pylons before constructing more karma.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,168
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Counter counter counter counter proposal: You must construct additional pylons before constructing more karma.

Uno Reverse card but with a +4 counter proposal, you must construct additional pylons for the additional pylons before constructing karma, but for every 1/10th of a karma made, you need to construct even more additional pylons for the other additional pylons, and this process shall go on forever and is unbreakable, even though its quite a simple spell

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,292 posts
7,142 battles

We would have a lot fewer potatoes in this game if players would focus on improving their own gameplay instead of trying to pin everything on bad teammates. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,506
[HINON]
Members
13,234 posts
4 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Uno Reverse card but with a +4 counter proposal, you must construct additional pylons for the additional pylons before constructing karma, but for every 1/10th of a karma made, you need to construct even more additional pylons for the other additional pylons, and this process shall go on forever and is unbreakable, even though its quite a simple spell

pP5ZwzH.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
156 posts
3,279 battles

As others have suggested, giving out rewards to players with high karma such as supercontainers or even a free ship would give incentive to be respectful and play well.

 

On the other hand. I feel there should be a punishment for players with negative karma. This could be a 50% reduction in after battle rewards (credits, XP, FXP, etc), which while it is kind of harsh, those players who are jerks and aren't respectful deserve it in my opinion.

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×