Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rgtx1121

Italian Cruiser..Points? What did I miss?

14 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,786 battles

I just got out of a battle in my Alsace (in which we lost but I destroyed a red) and a message pops up that tells me I got 18 points for destroying an enemy ship. It's the exact same format as when we were doing the month long Bias BB challenges. What did I miss? The mission prior to this one ended my directives for the IT CA campaign. So is this a challenge that starts after you have progressed through all four directives?

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

Italian tokens are in the daily mission chains. Individual directive missions also continue to give awards even after you finished the directive overall. 

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,786 battles
3 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Hall of fame points.  You must have completed your directives.

Ah... Hall of Fame... Somewhere I should not ever be considering how little I have played my IT CA's. But I did complete my directives, so that must be it.

• Cool 1

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles

Hall of fame seems lack luster in rewards after the long road of directives to unlock it. Unless those camos are permanent. 3 camos for reaching the top 25%. actually i think its 3 camos no matter where you place in the hall of fame besides the very very top. Not complaining as there was plenty of rewards during the directives, just seems odd as you would think the end has the best rewards..........

Or am i missing something?

[INTEL]
Members
1,761 posts
15,617 battles
13 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Hall of fame seems lack luster in rewards after the long road of directives to unlock it. Unless those camos are permanent. 3 camos for reaching the top 25%. actually i think its 3 camos no matter where you place in the hall of fame besides the very very top. Not complaining as there was plenty of rewards during the directives, just seems odd as you would think the end has the best rewards..........

Or am i missing something?

Yeah, you're missing something. Directives aren't there to unlock the Hall of Fame. Directives provide tokens, containers, and some other small reward like camo, xp, consumables. The Hall is just an extra that really has no purpose.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
19,960 posts
14,243 battles

That being said, if you can get into the second position below top 100 (which gives only a shiny bauble for bragging rights) you can accumulate a small stock of VERY powerful one-shot camos.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,641 posts
34,834 battles
14 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Hall is just an extra that really has no purpose.

Not exactly. If you keep going you may end up in the top 50% or 25%, etc.

Each stage gets you extra prizes when the event is over.

Edited by alexf24

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
10 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Yeah, you're missing something. Directives aren't there to unlock the Hall of Fame. Directives provide tokens, containers, and some other small reward like camo, xp, consumables. The Hall is just an extra that really has no purpose.

Um, yes you must complete directives to unlock the ability to take part in the hall of fame. As i clearly did the directives I fully understand what i can get by doing so. That still leaves the question of why the hall of fame has no purpose as you put it? Why go threw are those missions to take part in.... nothing?

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,786 battles
14 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Um, yes you must complete directives to unlock the ability to take part in the hall of fame. As i clearly did the directives I fully understand what i can get by doing so. That still leaves the question of why the hall of fame has no purpose as you put it? Why go threw are those missions to take part in.... nothing?

I see what both of you are saying, but I tend to lean more in the direction of @Quor_DresdenThe directives for these protracted events is a month if not more? Mind you, they do not require a grind like the Benham did, but you do need to make sure you adjust your play in order to accomplish all of the directives in a timely manner. When you complete 30-40 directives to get your final containers, you go to the "fall of fame", in which your reward is lack luster compared to completing a single directive in the campaign. 

As a side note, I really surprised, yet happy to receive two ship missions in my final directives. At the end of this event, I will have the T5, T6 and T7 in port. I am not saying that I will take them out of port more than once or twice a month, but it was nice to see that WG was "loosening the purse strings"

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
13 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

As a side note, I really surprised, yet happy to receive two ship missions in my final directives. At the end of this event, I will have the T5, T6 and T7 in port. I am not saying that I will take them out of port more than once or twice a month, but it was nice to see that WG was "loosening the purse strings"

Ya, i did well too i think. I got 2 tier 5s and the tier 6. As my first event it does leave a nice impression, i was just surprised by the hall of fame not following the same level of effort to reward ratio.

• Cool 1

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,786 battles
39 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Ya, i did well too i think. I got 2 tier 5s and the tier 6. As my first event it does leave a nice impression, i was just surprised by the hall of fame not following the same level of effort to reward ratio.

I agree, it does feel underwhelming to go from camos, coins, coal, etc to 3 camos. The good part is that this hall of fame is not related to the Italian Cruisers, so you can play as normal and still accumulate points,

[INTEL]
Members
1,761 posts
15,617 battles
3 hours ago, Quor_Dresden said:

You're correct, you don't get access to the Hall until you complete 8 directives of the last stage. The directives themselves give items directly pertaining to the Event.

What does the Hall get you, even if you were to end up as the top player on the server?

- A token for your profile... BFFD.

- 3 each of the 3 best consumable camos in the game. nice, not great, but nice...

- 3 Type 59 camo's.. 375 dubs value

- 3 Italian camo's

Thats it. It doesn't give you anything amazing. Has nothing to do with the event. Nobody will really know unless you tell them. Its not going to give you any battle benefits that the rest of us don't have. The rewards for the directives add up to far more than the entire Hall.

So... you do the Directives to gain...

Possible early access to the Italian cruisers.

- I got the T5 mission, got the T5, finished its combat mission for the extra 100 tokens. Have the xp to unlock the T6 immediately when its finally released.

Gain Tokens to spend in the Armory.

- I used tokens to buy 15 randoms bundles to get the Genova, which I like BTW. The other 14 bundles gave me a number of Draconic and economic signals, some coal, and some credits. In fact the 14 bundles that didn't drop the Genova gave me far more value than the combined value of the Hall rewards.

- Completed the Genova combat mission for another 100 tokens.

- I now have enough tokens left over to...

@ buy several Italian Perma camos...

or

@ 9 more containers if I want to try for another early access mission

or

@ buy several days more premium time

or

@ comsumable camos, credits, economic signals

or

@ a combo of everything I've listed...

In short, as I stated, the Hall is an extra that has no real purpose. Its the Directives that are the real value of the event.

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
4 hours ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Hall of fame seems lack luster in rewards after the long road of directives to unlock it.

Yes the HOF rewards are worse than previous ones. You would think an Italian container would be a reward for top 50%. At least those can spit out a few doubloons. 

Sign in to follow this