You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dogget

So, what's wrong with the Republique?

12 comments in this topic

[FREE_]
[FREE_]
Members
102 posts
5,913 battles

Does she surrender at the sound of gunfire, because she's French?  Looks like an interesting ship.  Plus, I'm further up the tech tree with French BBs.

ALSO:

Faster reload and speed boost, n 'est pas?

Edited by Dogget
Additional comment.
  • Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 minutes ago, Dogget said:

Does she surrender at the sound of gunfire, because she's French?  Looks like an interesting ship.  Plus, I'm further up the tech tree with French BBs.

Nothing's wrong with the Republique?

She's a fun ship, and definitely not underpowered.

You can try a secondary build (for fun) or a survivability build (more recommended).

[UN1]
Members
1,215 posts
3,657 battles

The Republique is a very good ship.  Amazing gunnery, strong citadel protection, and viable as a secondary platform if one so chooses.  Like other French BB's though, she's very vulnerable to HE damage, and she has questionable turret protection; the former being her most heavily criticized weakness.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
34 minutes ago, Dogget said:

I use legendary module for CB and ROF for randoms.

AFT & BFT plus fire prevention....

11. 3 secondaries can touch cruisers....

Very, very fun ship to play.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,583 posts
15,711 battles

I think in Random she does better but not as well as she did because of the Kremlin, Smolensk, and Kleber.

Don't think she does as well in competitive as a few other BB's. I've read the 2ndary focused BB's are trying to find their footing in the current meta.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,589 posts
19,610 battles
3 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

11. 3 secondaries can touch cruisers....

12.1 maximum secondary range and yes ...very fun!

[THREE]
Members
2,400 posts
13,191 battles

Hey

The Republique is not quite as potent as it was since she can't tank like the Kremlin; and haven't seen to many in Clan Battles this season.  The secondaries are still good and she does well on cruisers but needs a BB's broadside to punish.  Handles very well but not quite as potent as it was a short time ago IMHO.

Pete

[CAST]
Members
4,996 posts
3,513 battles

Republique has my favorite guns in the whole damn game. Hard hitting, great penetration, overmatches 30mm plating, high velocity ... and very accurate. She is likely the best ship for long range sniping in the game that's not called Stalingrad.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,473 posts
On 11/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

Republique has my favorite guns in the whole damn game. Hard hitting, great penetration, overmatches 30mm plating, high velocity ... and very accurate. She is likely the best ship for long range sniping in the game that's not called Stalingrad.

With her ridiculous main battery range, it's always fun to reach out and TOUCH someone on the far side of the map:Smile_playing:.    "Wakey, wakey Sunshine!!"

And the wicked range of the 5 and 6" secondaries, means I can beat on cruisers and DD's while still out of torpedo range!    Repub's secondary gunners HATE DD's, and revel in blowing them to bits.

[APES]
Members
991 posts
6,315 battles

The Republique is really fun. Push the right way with a secondary build and you can punch very hard. She is just currently power-creeped by Kremlin, Smol, and Kleber.

Supertester
38 posts
16,907 battles

The Republique is one of the most versatile BBs at T10, 20s reload with the RoF upgrade with high velocity, high penetration guns that make it a cruiser's nightmare when the BB player can aim. Stay mobile and position well and the ship will reward you. 

[LOIN]
Supertester
810 posts
On 11/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

You're forgetting her guns also have a good reload time to.