You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

FEAR the KRYM!

18 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
854 posts
16,499 battles

Love this ship. People Underestimate it in game and it will surprise them. Post your good games with an underestimated ship!

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (37).png

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
20 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Love this ship. People Underestimate it in game and it will surprise them. Post your good games with an underestimated ship!

Absolutely correct! Love this little ship, and enjoy playing it no end. Congrats on nice matches.

[USCG]
Members
575 posts
19,926 battles

Picked mine up in a Santa crate. She’s not as bad as many have said IMO. Took her out the other morning in co-op for my 250 XP daily requirement. Plenty of punch from the guns, good fire start and torps for  up close use. Would take her over either Italian T5 at this stage of the game. 

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,643 posts
34,903 battles

One of my fav CLs at T5.

A very decent ship.

[ROCKR]
Members
335 posts
13,712 battles

Isokaze is always underestimated. Think this was a while back when Iso dominated T4.

isosolowarriorfixed.jpg

[TIGRB]
Members
854 posts
16,499 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

Absolutely correct! Love this little ship, and enjoy playing it no end. Congrats on nice matches.

Thank you.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

Picked mine up in a Santa crate. She’s not as bad as many have said IMO. Took her out the other morning in co-op for my 250 XP daily requirement. Plenty of punch from the guns, good fire start and torps for  up close use. Would take her over either Italian T5 at this stage of the game. 

"Would take her over either Italian T5 at this stage of the game." Guilio Cesare?

[O_O]
Members
6,436 posts
15,330 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

"Would take her over either Italian T5 at this stage of the game." Guilio Cesare?

Since Krasny Krym is a cruiser, I would bet he is referring to the two Italian T5 cruisers (tech tree and premium).

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Since Krasny Krym is a cruiser, I would bet he is referring to the two Italian T5 cruisers (tech tree and premium).

Yes, thanks. Genova and Montecuccoli.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles

It is an absolute hoot with a high point captain preferably with IFHE but that is not an absolute necessity.

1 hour ago, henrychenhenry said:

Yes, thanks. Genova and Montecuccoli.

The Genova has an historical RoF. The Raimondo Montecuccoli  though needs a ROF buff to at least 12 seconds and could be as as fast as 7.5 for the 152 mm/53 OTO 1929  which she has mounted.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_6-53_m1926.php

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
52 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is an absolute hoot with a high point captain preferably with IFHE but that is not an absolute necessity.

The Genova has an historical RoF. The Raimondo Montecuccoli  though needs a ROF buff to at least 12 seconds and could be as as fast as 7.5 for the 152 mm/53 OTO 1929  which she has mounted.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_6-53_m1926.php

Thanks for sharing!

I've heard that Genova has a historical RoF.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for sharing!

I've heard that Genova has a historical RoF.

I also found out why the 152 mm/53 OTO 1926 had such a low rate of fire. The lift did not go back down until the round was rammed into the breach even though the round had been moved over for the rammer to operate.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I also found out why the 152 mm/53 OTO 1926 had such a low rate of fire. The lift did not go back down until the round was rammed into the breach even though the round had been moved over for the rammer to operate.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing this. Is there a technical reason the system was designed this way?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
32 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Interesting! Thanks for sharing this. Is there a technical reason the system was designed this way?

Not that I know of, just how it was designed. It was changed with the 1929 model which increased the RoF by up to double. I would be happy with 9 or 10 seconds.

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles
6 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

I love the Krym too - when it’s on the enemy team as it’s just free damage and XP. Never been scared of them in any ship; much rather take an Emile Bertin to battle...

[INTEL]
Members
1,769 posts
15,679 battles

Underestimated ship.. ok... I choose Genova

3 total salvos for +20k on the two New Orleans. Near 34k on a kiting BB. Silly CV, you knew I was coming, shoulda ran sooner...

Genova2.thumb.PNG.856d59a1b69f47e099a2a7552e973e16.PNGGenova.thumb.PNG.c0665a0a423dcee99d9d005b1667ad01.PNG

[USCG]
Members
575 posts
19,926 battles
18 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Sorry, should have said, “T5 Italian CRUISER.”