You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

That time I went to the wrong neighbourhood

18 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles

i37HAip.jpg

I did not live long enough to regret my life choices.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles

Damn, you must have really looked at someone the wrong way, even the DD capping on the other side of an island was aiming at you. I've never seen it go that high, worst I've had is 9 on my Baltimore, which I also didn't survive.

Unrelated question: Why do you run with the really basic ship tags? I've always found the detailed info more useful. Is it just too cluttered for you on screen?

[INTEL]
Members
1,767 posts
15,637 battles

Pretty much describes my entire day yesterday. Seemed like everytime I committed somewhere either my entire team bailed on me or just committed mass suicide.

Wrong neighborhood aka "Random Battles"

[HELLS]
Members
2,661 posts
27,122 battles
17 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Pretty much describes my entire day yesterday. Seemed like everytime I committed somewhere either my entire team bailed on me or just committed mass suicide.

Wrong neighborhood aka "Random Battles"

LOL! Looks like me!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles
50 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Unrelated question: Why do you run with the really basic ship tags? I've always found the detailed info more useful. Is it just too cluttered for you on screen?

Yeh I don't like clutter, and those moments I want to know more, well my thumb is hovering over the alt button anyways, no extra effort to press down.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

And speaking of your life choices, how are you enjoying Friesland so far? (Personal interest as I am coming up on another 100,000 FXP and she is definitely in the running.) 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

And speaking of your life choices, how are you enjoying Friesland so far? (Personal interest as I am coming up on another 100,000 FXP and she is definitely in the running.) 

Well, aside from the fact that she was a must-have, being Dutch, she's a ship that can be hilarious fun if the situation presents itself, she's a particularly powerful DD hunter, but she requires a good DD player to make shine, and that I am not.  She's not a bad ship, just one that doesn't always fit my play style.

Watch this for someone who can make her sing, make her sit up and beg:

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yeh I don't like clutter, and those moments I want to know more, well my thumb is hovering over the alt button anyways, no extra effort to press down.

Same. I've always just hit alt if I want more info.

On a side note I always go to the opposite side of that cap and back in. That way you can spot if anyone is using the other side of that island and if you get radar'd you just sail away.

[TOG]
Members
4,146 posts
24,036 battles
1 minute ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Same. I've always just hit alt if I want more info.

On a side note I always go to the opposite side of that cap and back in. That way you can spot if anyone is using the other side of that island and if you get radar'd you just sail away.

One reason for mods.  Friesland is a support DD. Not a first time capper.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,072 posts
3,866 battles

Never go to a bad neighborhood alone...always bring a friend...aka damage sponge!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Figured that was it, also noticed no names on the minimap. Guess it’s personal preference, I like to have it all up there so I can look at it without thinking. Interesting to see how different people process information.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
5 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Damn, you must have really looked at someone the wrong way, even the DD capping on the other side of an island was aiming at you. I've never seen it go that high, worst I've had is 9 on my Baltimore, which I also didn't survive.

I have never pulled off 12 either even as an event captain although I have gotten 9.

giphy.gif

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
7 hours ago, Lert said:

i37HAip.jpg

Such is the life of an alley cat … 

You get to explore and find good eats, but one dog and a dead end can take one of your 9 lives faster than you can say "woof"