Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ralph_Vargr

I Have Located Tier 5 Of Heck.

20 comments in this topic

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

Ah done been durned. I wanted to play in the Midway event, and I needed a Tier 5 US ship to do it.

So, I had to go to Heck to find it. Turns out it's in Omaha. :(

Note to Marketing: The Marblehead premium ship is only worth $0.99 USD to me. The Smith class DD is better.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
8 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Isn't it tier 5 and higher?

Warren Buffet said I couldn't go.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Well, if it's only worth 99 cents, I don't see you getting more than 2 premiums for money. Coal, perhaps, but certainly not money.

On that note, I believe you can get Aigle, a T6 DD, for free if you save up some coal. Check the armory.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 hour ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Ah done been durned. I wanted to play in the Midway event, and I needed a Tier 5 US ship to do it.

So, I had to go to Heck to find it. Turns out it's in Omaha. :(

Note to Marketing: The Marblehead premium ship is only worth $0.99 USD to me. The Smith class DD is better.

I don't quite understand what this thread is about. Grinding to tier V is a relatively speedy process.

47 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Isn't it tier 5 and higher?

I think this is what the OP is saying.

2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Well, if it's only worth 99 cents, I don't see you getting more than 2 premiums for money. Coal, perhaps, but certainly not money.

On that note, I believe you can get Aigle, a T6 DD, for free if you save up some coal. Check the armory.

Aigle is neither American nor Japanese. It would not qualify in the Midway combat missions.

btw, be sure to opt-in here!

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
4 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Aigle is neither American nor Japanese. It would not qualify in the Midway combat missions.

Ahh, my bad.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
49 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I don't quite understand what this thread is about. Grinding to tier V is a relatively speedy process.

I think this is what the OP is saying.

btw, be sure to opt-in here!

Oh, I've opted in. Like many others in the US military, I had to study Midway to graduate from the academy.

Owning the Omaha is a pain. Some of us do not enjoy dying because we are one of the few Tier 5's in the match. So, in that sense, Tier 5 *is* Heck.

Only about 10,000 XP to go to elite the Omaha. The Pensacola has been done. Dallas is next. Once Midway is over, I will happily retreat into my dog crate, at Tier 4, and below.

Ah suck, an' ah'm prowed. :)

Note: grinding for coal is working for an hourly wage. I'd rather pay the ninety-nine cents, for the premium Omaha, Marblehead.

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,712 battles
19 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Note: grinding for coal is working for an hourly wage. I'd rather pay the ninety-nine cents, for the premium Omaha, Marblehead.

Disregard the Marblehead and get the Murmansk. Slightly better performance in my opinion.

Since you want american ships for this event just look for something else. Marblehead is a premium Omaha with no real difference. Plenty of good +T5 premium american ships out there.

Edited by CTMAADawson

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
1 minute ago, CTMAADawson said:

Disregard the Marblehead and get the Murmansk. Slightly better performance in my opinion.

I have both, played both lots of times. Love both, but actually do better with Marblehead.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
36 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Since you want american ships for this event just look for something else. Marblehead is a premium Omaha with no real difference. Plenty of good +T5 premium american ships out there.

Doing it. Dallas is probably the last one in the tree I will research. I have to remind myself this game is an adventure, not a job. :)

I'm not cut out for high tier play. Something to do with osteoarthritis and pain...

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
7 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Doing it. Dallas is probably the last one in the tree I will research. I have to remind myself this game is an adventure, not a job. :)

I'm not cut out for high tier play. Something to do with osteoarthritis and pain...

I recommend going to Helena (it's one of my favorite ships). Both Dallas and Helena need IFHE captain skill but they are great and fun to play.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
9 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

I recommend going to Helena (it's one of my favorite ships). Both Dallas and Helena need IFHE captain skill but they are great and fun to play.

Dallas doesn't need it near as much, but yes at tier 7+ you really do need IFHE for CLs to perform. For now anyway (IFHE changes when?).

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

4,000 XP left to go. Last battle had me facing four battleships by myself at the end.

What *is* it with you guys, and BB's? Not enough Star Fleet Battles? :)

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
31 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

What *is* it with you guys, and BB's? Not enough Star Fleet Battles? :)

Well the majority of players like big guns, though I'm not sure if they can lie or not.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Well the majority of players like big guns, though I'm not sure if they can lie or not.

Or if an itty bitty turn radius and a rudder in your face gets you sprung... a leak... due to torps...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

I finally ground the Dallas. Time for the Marine Mission.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
12 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Ahh, my bad.

No problem :)

If Marblehead isn't worth 99 cents, then yeah, all other ships are way too expensive as well.

Meanwhile, you can get Aigle for free. (And I would say the coal price is reasonable.)

12 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Oh, I've opted in. Like many others in the US military, I had to study Midway to graduate from the academy.

Owning the Omaha is a pain. Some of us do not enjoy dying because we are one of the few Tier 5's in the match. So, in that sense, Tier 5 *is* Heck.

Only about 10,000 XP to go to elite the Omaha. The Pensacola has been done. Dallas is next. Once Midway is over, I will happily retreat into my dog crate, at Tier 4, and below.

Ah suck, an' ah'm prowed. :)

The opt-in wasn't directed specifically at you. Nice to hear you've done so though!

If you don't like Omaha, you probably won't like Marblehead.

11 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

It's true Murmansk is slightly better than Marblehead in more categories that matter. It just doesn't qualify for the Midway mission.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

Looked through all the online material about Omaha, and her related ships. Definitely not buying any Marbleheads- unless they offer them for $0.02 USD.

Dallas is better than Pensacola. The looong reload times are not worth the extra range benefit. Dallas's batteries are better at AA.

I tried going into a random battle to see what kinds of play was there. The kind of play that was there said "Kill the scrub!" I hastily retreated into co-op.

Ranking up with only earned XP is gonna take a while...

Edited by Ralph_Vargr
spelling

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,769 posts
4,631 battles
On 11/9/2019 at 10:51 PM, Ralph_Vargr said:

Owning the Omaha is a pain. Some of us do not enjoy dying

Omaha is a seminal ship for you.  Learn to love her, or at least use her well, and you will have taken a big step to doing well in the USN cruiser lines. 

I thoroughly hated her until I got the C hull.  Regrinding the line, only the A hull is nasty.  B hull is where she gets good (C hull is really only for AA).  Keep telling yourself, "Omaha is a good ship.  If she's not doing well, that's on me." 

Go Dallas next.  The CAs are ultimately where the action is, but for your experience, CL Dallas will be a lot more fun than Pensie.  When you get Tier VI, do Scenarios.

• Cool 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Omaha is a seminal ship for you.  Learn to love her, or at least use her well, and you will have taken a big step to doing well in the USN cruiser lines. 

I thoroughly hated her until I got the C hull.  Regrinding the line, only the A hull is nasty.  B hull is where she gets good (C hull is really only for AA).  Keep telling yourself, "Omaha is a good ship.  If she's not doing well, that's on me." 

Go Dallas next.  The CAs are ultimately where the action is, but for your experience, CL Dallas will be a lot more fun than Pensie.  When you get Tier VI, do Scenarios.

Thanks. I'm slowly learning how to play the Dallas properly. Adaptation.

Sign in to follow this